+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: solo mage

Default solo mage

I like both the pet master and the fire master, IMO they are a nice combo, then I am planning, for QUESTS and SOLO only :

Elementalist and Pyromancer solo combo

root, big pet, squirrel, should be good to solo, what do you think ?

edit : another advantage IMO is that it is not very different from my instance/raid combo (full dps combo), then I won't have to master 2 completely different fighting technic ; this also can be important : mastering too many souls can be too difficult a task.
    Last edited by Akebia; 01-12-2011 at 05:35 AM.

You'll have no trouble soloing with this as far as anyone can tell. The game so far is extremely easy soloing the quests.

Anything with a pet is even faster.

I know, but I want to go thru quests and level as far/fast as possible, then as quests (afaik) are 90% kill, kill, kill again ... the faster you kill and the less you die, the faster you go to 50 and voilą. (I've already done all betas)
    Last edited by Akebia; 01-12-2011 at 05:37 AM.

if You've been in all Betas, You should already know what to expect on higher lvls... This game it too easy, quests are a bit short, but still gives loads of fun XD

I know what to expect, but I did not test ALL souls to level 27 ! I had not enough time and will never have;
    For example I did not push the pet master a lot, because in groups my other configuration is better.

That's why I'm asking for experience and advises.
    Sharing that is a good way to improve, imo.
    Last edited by Akebia; 01-12-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Your build looks just fine to me. My spec was flip-flopped, as I went heavy pyro with lesser elemental, and 0 dominator. Honestly, in a PvE setting (quests and mob grinding), I had little to no downtime and was just chain-sawing through mobs. As others have said, I really wouldn't worry about the PvE end of things with a Pyro/Elemental build.

If you want the fastest way to kill groups of mobs, then go heavier on pyro (bahmi racial ability + backdraft plus firestorm is heavenly). If you want to mow down mobs through strong pets in conjunction with spells, with better surviability and control, then go heavier on the elemental route as you have done with this spec that you listed.

If you have a dedicated healer in your pocket, then you might want to consider the heavy pyro build.

If your confident in going solo through the game, I'd suggest going Chloromancer in place of Domi and adding like 6-10 pts to get some heals

Its a viable build but not optimal. The fastest leveling spec is warlock/necromancer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...oul3_talants=0

Stalwart pet to tank
    Dot multiple mobs
    Soul Purge and Mortality for insane incombat heal
    Fear and mass fear for CC
    fast charge regeneration
    Cast and forget AOE + a channeled AOE + Radiate Death = insane AOE dmg
    Sacrifice life : Mana + Reclaim Power for INFINITE mana
    Snares
    Insta-cast nukes from Opportunity talent
    Offensive buff removal.

TL;DR leveling as this spec is best.
    Flasher - Mage @ Briarcliff

www.maximation.us

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Its a viable build but not optimal. The fastest leveling spec is warlock/necromancer

Stalwart pet to tank
    Dot multiple mobs
    fast charge regeneration
    Snares
    Offensive buff removal.

x2

/10chars
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

Stalwart pet to tank
    Dot multiple mobs
    fast charge regeneration
    Snares
    Offensive buff removal.

x3 (just which Archon with Chloromancer)
    -= Mess with the Best ,Die like the Rest =-

Quote Originally Posted by Mortias View Post
    x3 (just which Archon with Chloromancer)
    I though of that but I already have soul purge to heal myself and pet. By picking Archon I get a very good HP buff and extra DOT from searing vitality and intellect and wisdom buff from pillaging stone.

www.maximation.us

Wellll you can solo with any mage really. Depends what you like. I solo with my chlomancer...a bit harder then every other mage solo but I had fun and that is what counts. As for speed of leveling and power necro/lock in any combination for that.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

I though of that but I already have soul purge to heal myself and pet. By picking Archon I get a very good HP buff and extra DOT from searing vitality and intellect and wisdom buff from pillaging stone.
    It's your choice, but I doubt Soul Purge will be enough. And secondly as Warlock/necro you already got like 5 DoTs (not counting channeled) You think you'll need one more?
    -= Mess with the Best ,Die like the Rest =-

Quote Originally Posted by Mortias View Post
    It's your choice, but I doubt Soul Purge will be enough. And secondly as Warlock/necro you already got like 5 DoTs (not counting channeled) You think you'll need one more?
    For mult-mob pulling, you need the extra dot because Life Leech has a cast time and Neddra's Grasp has a cooldown which hurts chain dotting. The whole purpose of this build is to pull like 3 mobs at a time with 0 downtime. Radiant spores has a cooldown and I cant put it on multiple mobs without going far up in the tree.

Leveling solo is about speed and survivability. Archon will make you kill faster with the same survivability. Cloro will give you equal survivability at the expense of killing speed.

P.S. Soul Purge does heal for that much. You should try it. Im not theorycrafting Soul Purge at 100 charge is enough fill you and ur pet up. Not only that, it does very good damage.

www.maximation.us

Ascendant

For mult-mob pulling, you need the extra dot because Life Leech has a cast time and Neddra's Grasp has a cooldown which hurts chain dotting. The whole purpose of this build is to pull like 3 mobs at a time with 0 downtime. Radiant spores has a cooldown and I cant put it on multiple mobs without going far up in the tree.

Leveling solo is about speed and survivability. Archon will make you kill faster with the same survivability. Cloro will give you equal survivability at the expense of killing speed.

P.S. Soul Purge does heal for that much. You should try it. Im not theorycrafting Soul Purge at 100 charge is enough fill you and ur pet up. Not only that, it does very good damage.
    I really prefer Mortality for multi-mob pulls though. I wouldn't go too far up the necro tree personally. Warlock tree is more appealing to me for leveling.
    Last edited by opaque; 01-12-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast