+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My only real concern...

Default My only real concern...

Stealth.

As mentioned before I was an avid Assassin/Stealther on DAoC. I feel the way DAoC implemented stealth was easily the best system in an mmorpg.

With the way the current soul system is, are we going to see Stealthing Pyromancers who nuke you from max range before you even know they're there?

Or a Champion who pops up in front of your face with a 2H Sword?

IMO Stealth should never be eliminated from a game (think WAR Beta, where Witch Hunters and Witch Elves were incredibly gimp and lacked a roll due to being unable to successfully penetrate enemy ranks).

However a game where everyone has stealth also eliminates the need for rogue classes, except to have stealth.

I hope that if this is the case, then players who initially select a Rogue calling/soul at character creation have a bonus to stealth and stealth detection.

Any comments?

stealth i belive would come from the rouge tree so you cant have a pyro/ranger/warlord. u can only pull souls from your tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post

With the way the current soul system is, are we going to see Stealthing Pyromancers who nuke you from max range before you even know they're there?

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't see any of the above happening.

Stealth, from what we've seen, will be solely for the Rogue archetype. This does not include any consumables, potions, etc that MIGHT be available. Have not seen anything like that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Stealth.

As mentioned before I was an avid Assassin/Stealther on DAoC. I feel the way DAoC implemented stealth was easily the best system in an mmorpg.

IMO Stealth should never be eliminated from a game (think WAR Beta, where Witch Hunters and Witch Elves were incredibly gimp and lacked a roll due to being unable to successfully penetrate enemy ranks).

However a game where everyone has stealth also eliminates the need for rogue classes, except to have stealth.

I hope that if this is the case, then players who initially select a Rogue calling/soul at character creation have a bonus to stealth and stealth detection.

Any comments?
    you cannot combine souls from different ARCHETYPES (eg rogue + mage is impossible)
    the only souls with stealth (So far) are rogues
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Yeah, I can't see stealth making it out of the Rogue calling either. It's too much of a calling defining ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Ware View Post
    Yeah, I can't see stealth making it out of the Rogue calling either. It's too much of a calling defining ability...
    Yeah, unless they make potions, runes, whatever, that use said skill, stealth will only be for rogues, probably.

I think this was just a case of the original poster misunderstanding the soul system. Let's just close it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrix_II View Post
    I think this was just a case of the original poster misunderstanding the soul system. Let's just close it at that.
    You could change the conversation to the issues with stealthing Marksman? But then it might as well go in the Marskman thread, so yeah. You've got a point in ending this conversation here. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Threather View Post
    So . . . no stealthy warriors? Dang . . .
    Giving all classes/archetypes stealth is a terrible idea, see AOC if you want to know why.

I do not see them allowing other arch types to stealth like you said a mage in stealth would be silly.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullum View Post
    You could change the conversation to the issues with stealthing Marksman? But then it might as well go in the Marskman thread, so yeah. You've got a point in ending this conversation here. ^^
    That is a rogue calling...

I like doing everything in groups! More joy and fun especially for the unexpected!

Its not the developers who make the profit of ideas its the community who helps while they make the greatest of ideas become the vision of what we play of there hard work!

As was suggested earlier - the thread was started by misreading the description of soul trees and their combination. I also vote for closing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Erisad View Post
    As was suggested earlier - the thread was started by misreading the description of soul trees and their combination. I also vote for closing the thread.
    As topic creator i agree, close the thread.

Yes I was misinformed in thinking you were able to pick souls from other callings.

IMO this is great news. Only rogues should stealth, and as a rogue you should only have access to rogue souls.

If you had access to ALL souls then it would turn into the "one build pwns all like darkfall."

+ Reply to Thread