+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MORE DoTs!

Telaran

Default MORE DoTs!

Curious as Im a healer at heart and will never roll one but have a close friend not in beta who will...

Who (in your opinion) is the king of DoTs?

Would love to see a link to a DoT build!

Thanks all
    Last edited by triton900; 01-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Telaran

Whoever it is, they need to have dots that actually do more damage than casting their instant cast direct damage spell back to back. Having a dot that has a 1.5 sec cast time and a 12 sec cooldown that performs worse than chain casting an instant cast, immediate reuse spell is stupid.

Yes in theory you can stack a bunch of dots up and it'll be more effective, but they need to deal more damage. Currently it's not uncommon to see casting 2 dots and nuking once result in less dps than just nuking 3 times.

Telaran

...well thats disheatening

Quote Originally Posted by triton900 View Post
    ...well thats disheatening
    well, I'd rather say its true.

I got 27 Warlock/Necro/Chloro with a 4-5 Dots... Having many dots doesn't help in any way. They deal really small dmg compared to spaming hits, You need to refresh them often and cost lot of mana.

I hope tey fix/change it.

Yeah its pretty bad, almost all the dots have like 12-18 s durations and end up doing far less dmg than casting a dd a couple times. Either increase the dmg or make them last like 30s-1min, either way I'd be pleased!

+ Reply to Thread