+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Purifier just not worth the effort?

Default Is Purifier just not worth the effort?

As that tree is pretty much single target heals, and not full heals, is it worth bothering with that soul?

Telaran

This tree is your main tank healer so yes... well worth the effort. Also this tree has the strongest wards and damage absorbs of the other healers meaning while not fast healing they can lay down some stacked wards inbetween cast times. Not to mention they do have the largest single point heals which I understand cast slowly so not THAT hot in pvp but for PvE its all about the skill of the healer and preemptive healing

Soulwalker

Mediocre for pvp, awesome for pve. Spam healing the 450hp heal on tank = he cannot die.

Definitely a challenge in PvP. I was a little disappointed at that, to be honest.

Ok then who is the PvP healer?

Since in PvP everyone is running all over. Does any have a cast that if the friendly outruns the cast timer they still get the heal?

I mean in PvP it is all about fast healing and since only the mages do major damage atm most of the healers are doing medium healing say 100-500hp heals

Is there a viable healer mix in PvP that will also function in PvE when switching the sould out for each?

Purifiers excel in single target healing.

They can completely deter an ally player, from becoming focus fired.

With their shields, temporary increase to max HP, and massive single target healing.

They're not weak. They're just situational. They're more beneficial in preserving one target, and that is an ideal healer for preserving an ally against focus fire.
    Last edited by Haseno; 01-11-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post

Since in PvP everyone is running all over. Does any have a cast that if the friendly outruns the cast timer they still get the heal?

I mean in PvP it is all about fast healing and since only the mages do major damage atm most of the healers are doing medium healing say 100-500hp heals

Is there a viable healer mix in PvP that will also function in PvE when switching the sould out for each?
    Warden primary, sentinel secondary and 0 points in purifier for the ward is excellent for highly mobile pvp healing. It also works pretty damn well in pve, for that matter. The only issue I had with it was that mana plummets when AE/group healing becomes necessary. But that happens to sentinels too.
    Last edited by Balorion; 01-11-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Telaran

So many vaiables to this question..... group set up? Known friends using vent? Skil with your class? Cool and calm during pvp?

But to answer you directly the Sentinel has the most insta heals while the Purifier has the insta damage absorbs which are basicly heals preemtively. This ofcourse is all beta info as well as limited in levels so take my comments and all others with a grain of salt!

My personal exp with PvP was as a Justi/Ward/Puri and I was at the top of healing leaderboards quite often and sure I died A LOT (we all do in pvp) but I felt I made a solid contribution to winning many matches.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51 View Post

With 2.5k favor you can purchase the cleric PvP tree (I believe it is called Inquisitor). For PvP I run Inquisitor/Purifier/Warden but for PvE I run Sentinel/Purifier/Warden. I also did War Fronts in that same PvE spec up until I had enough favor for the PvP tree, it really just depends on how you invest your points in each tree.

~Rhen
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

not INquisitor me this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balorion View Post
    Warden primary, sentinel secondary and 0 points in purifier for the ward is excellent for highly mobile pvp healing. It also works pretty damn well in pve, for that matter. The only issue I had with it was that mana plummets when AE/group healing becomes necessary. But that happens to sentinels too.
    There is no PvP only healer, proper groups will run healers in all specs, warden to help with healing on key targets, sentinels to keep the whole raids hp ticking up and purifiers to save targets who are being focused.

3 totally diff souls, 3 totally diff jobs.

This game is not black and white so people really need to stop acting as if there is a 'best' spec.

Soulwalker

I can't imagine purifier NOT being good in pvp given its single target focus. A Purifier/warden/templar and Sentinel/warden/templar would likely form quite the backbone for a 5man pvp group.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Houdii View Post
    There is no PvP only healer, proper groups will run healers in all specs, warden to help with healing on key targets, sentinels to keep the whole raids hp ticking up and purifiers to save targets who are being focused.

3 totally diff souls, 3 totally diff jobs.

This game is not black and white so people really need to stop acting as if there is a 'best' spec.
    Did you mean Sentinels to help with healing on key targets and wardens to keep the whole raid's hp ticking up? That would make more sense (Wardens are the HoT soul).

Cleric PvP soul is called Templar.
    Inquisitor is one of the normal Cleric Souls.

Other posted have already said what the Purifier's main role is. Combined with the two other souls you will find a great setup that works for you in PvP.
    Downside of the Purifier is that 3 seconds for its big heal is a long cast. You will need the anti interrupt blessing which means you cannot have your self reactive heal trigger blessing up. Thus you will have to compliment your ward and big heals with HoTs and instant casts from the Warden and Sentinel to be more flexible. I personally like some Inquisitor thrown in for debuffs, interrupts and general harrassing.
    Last edited by Sheilina; 01-12-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

If you're casting the purifier's 3 second heal in a warfront like black garden you are doing something wrong (unless your team has the fang and is currently not being attacked by the enemy). Cast two Healing Flares, or one healing flare and healing breath, or add in Searing Transfusion somewhere, and in 3 seconds you've done as much, if not more, healing with instant casts than you could have done sitting there and casting your 3 second heal (macro in Tidal Surge and Flashover if you have them, and you're healing for even more).

Excluding the fact that you can match the 3 second cast heal using other means, it's also bad because you have to be stationary to cast, something you should never do in pvp. Not only are you a sitting duck and susceptible to knockback, but you also run the risk of losing LoS of your target.

As of lvl 27, purifier is the best pvp healing tree there is given the amount of instant casts you have at your disposal in addition to the defensive heals like Latent Blaze and Healing Blessing. Invest 12 points into the Warden to get the raid wide heal, and spec sentinel for Healing Breath, and there's your build.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast