+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dont toss out the Justicar as a healer

Telaran

Default Dont toss out the Justicar as a healer

So many posts touting the Justicar off as a tank or off tank or dps etc... but...

Dont underestimate the Justi as a healer all...

Yes hes not as strong a healer as the other three but he has some amazing healing ability if speced right though I feel a bit of a late bloomer. Look closely at his skills, his healing doctrines are insta cast and easily maintained via conviction points, some of his later heals are in the 1000s (NOT even ranked up) and for the love of Telara...Absolution (combat rez with 100% health) will be AMAZING for upper tier content....

My buld = Justi to Absoloution/Purifier/Warden - All the points in Justi avoid dps and tanking just getting me the heals, defense and final combat rez. This is a primary group healer that shrugs off aggro lost by the tank.
    Last edited by triton900; 01-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Soulwalker

I was wondering if Justicar would be a good off-healer if paired with a caster DPS soul such as Inquisitor or Cabalist. In such a combination, Cabalist could use AoE to deal a lot of damage total, and the Justicar part would translate that damage to health gained for you and your allies.

Or, that healing from Salvation/Reparation might be negligible; I wouldn't know (has anybody tried anything like that?).
    Last edited by Mykinius; 01-12-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by triton900 View Post
    So many posts touting the Justicar off as a tank or off tank or dps etc... but...

Dont underestimate the Justi as a healer all...

Yes hes not as strong a healer as the other three but he has some amazing healing ability if speced right though I feel a bit of a late bloomer. Look closely at his skills, his healing doctrines are insta cast and easily maintained via conviction points, some of his later heals are in the 1000s (NOT even ranked up) and for the love of Telara...Absolution (combat rez with 100% health) will be AMAZING for upper tier content....

My buld = Justi to Absoloution/Purifier/Warden - All the points in Justi avoid dps and tanking just getting me the heals, defense and final combat rez. This is a primary group healer that shrugs off aggro lost by the tank.
    Have you solo healed any instances with max level points invested in Justicar? (i.e. 20 by 20 / 27 by 27) ?

I'm not saying you can't. I've actually never grouped with a healing justicar.

But ultimately this is what determines if a soul is viable as "main healing soul". If you put all your points into this soul and can solo heal the instances, then it's a healing soul.

If can't solo heal the instances it's not a main healing soul.
    If you have to put points into other healing souls in order to be viable, then it's not a main healing soul.

The spec you posted has 2 "main healing" souls in it aside from Justicar, which makes me wonder, is it really the justicar soul that's bringing the heals?

I'm very curious, because honestly a soul that's made for tanking shouldn't be able to main heal. Hybriding it with healing souls for survival, etc - sure.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Rift Disciple

I agree. Looking through the talents of the Justicar, it will be good (maybe not great yet) for Tanking, and with a Tanking style that supports heals for himself and those around him. Yeah they have utility for the raid later in the tree, but Not as a straight healer.

Telaran

i tried some very low level healing with Justicar - sub lvl15 and didnt like it AT ALL.
    The first issue is staying within melee range to build Convictions fast enough to keep the count up. Next... the melee ability uses mana and past lvl10 it wasnt cheap. The AoE Heal used 25% of my mana pool AND a Conviction point. The single target heal was laughable.. and by laughable i mean my buddy was laughing his arse off when I started to throw "itty-bitty baby" heals on him AND ran out of mana.
    Im not saying that just because at that low level it sucked therefore it will suck at high level, i just dont see it getting any better as a main healer

+ Reply to Thread