+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman/Druid Build

Plane Walker

Default Shaman/Druid Build

Hey so I just wanted to get some thoughts on this battle cleric build. Built mostly with PvP in mind.
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...sticar.3005000

So yea, mostly some crit based with massive blow playing a fairly large role. Good amount of melee healing and survivability, I think with the buffs and such it should also keep pretty constant dps. Anyway, I'd just appreciate if people could weigh in with their thoughts.

Soulwalker

I am rolling shaman justicar for the big crit self heal combo you should check it out looks like a solid build.

Soulwalker

It looks like a good build, similar to the one I use: http://tinyurl.com/49cvj9c

It's a very PvP-orientated DPS build with enough self-heals and mitigation to stay alive. The 8 points in Justicar look good for the extra mace damage and self-heal, but I really can't sacrifice any points from Shaman/Druid.

44 in Shaman gets you every offensive ability, but more importantly gives Courage of the Eagle. I know nobody has played with it yet but it looks like the strongest courage spell by far as it not only improves 2 stats instead of 1, but these 2 stats are the most important for a Shaman.

22 in Druid is also a critical number as you get Earth's Clutch and upgrade it for a 5 second root. Combine that with a sleep, a silence, a charge and a 4 second ranged snare with 6 second cooldown (upgraded bombardment) and you have more than enough abilities to close the gap/prevent escape so you can actually deal your DPS.

But like I said, I'll be sure to give yours a try too, I just don't think the bonuses from 8 in Justicar outweigh what you get if you go pure Shaman/Druid

Plane Walker

Hmm, I definitely like what you have there. What it seems like to me is that your build is a slightly more offensive variation whereas mine has a bit more focus on self-healing and preservation. I'll definitely give your build a spin though as well though, especially if I find this builds dps to be slightly lackluster at endgame.

I agree that courage of the eagle does sound great. One thing that I went into this build thinking though was 26 in druid which upgrades you from fairy to greater fairy, which I think may be important when you look at the level caps that pets get. I also however like the extra CC your build has, re-working some points to get a little more of that might be something I will want to look into.

+ Reply to Thread