+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger + Marksman + ??????

Rift Chaser

Default Ranger + Marksman + ??????

Hey yall anxious rift peeps,

I was toddling with the soulbuilder i got from one of the posts here and i also noticed that all rangers seem to go marksmen (which is logical) but then just take saboteur for the snare or riftstalker for the planeshift without putting points into the soul. Now since there is a 16 page long feedback forum about energy issues wouldnt it be smarter to make the third class a nightblade and spend 5 upto 10 points in there for a retrieval of 5 energy per combo point if ya use a finisher and add the other 5 to do 15% extra damage to every finisher ya have? this way ya also have conceal / and lost hope as a lil CC and scouting out the battlefield while remaining undetected... and i tested it in the builder ya barely sacrafice anything for it in the ranger / marksmen tree since you have a pet ya dont have to kite so dont take any of those abilities the snares / KB / roots all overkill if ya use the ranger pet for CC control...

Ive only played EQ2 and a few MMOs that werent online like oblivion and several other unimportant ones and a ranger / stealth kinda character was always my favorite. so i was just wondering if anyone had considered combining the main souls for ranger / marksmen with other souls maybe assassin would be a good choice too but not as a twoway street just as a backup soul that actually compliments the ranger / marksmen soul!

Any thoughts? Also plz add yer reasoning to it...

Greetz styxxey

If your reasoning to get that soul was only for the extra energy, check out what a dev said about Rogues in beta 5:
    * Rogues: We hear you. The pacing forced by energy regen and cooldown interaction isnít getting the fun gameplay result we were aiming for. This isnít something we could rush out in a day, but weíre on it. Needs to be fun and feel right first and foremost. Thatís the goal. We should have something youíll be able to call much better for Beta 5.
    Now, for the question at hand. I had 2 roles for marksman, 1 for pve and 1 for pvp.
    The PvP one was Rogue/Marksman/Sab so I was a CC machine. Sab has a nice 0 pt skill that's the aoe snare, marksman and rogue for the dps and awesome CC. Noone could ever get close to me in pvp, I just kited the hell out of everyone, and with that upgraded 70% runspeed that gives u immunity to cc, it's just beautiful.
    For the 2nd role, PvE, I had rogue/mark/rs. I didn't really have any cc in my pve role, just all out damage on the mark and ranger lines, and the RS for the extra attack power. Might have been something other than RS, I honestly don't remember which soul it was that offer the extra attack power % bonus to it. But the point is, all out deeps on the pve role

Rift Chaser

riftstalker gives attack power yes and i read that post of the devs im sure they will do something about that issue but i dont think energy problems will fully go away cause the philosophy from the devs to not make scouts overpowered to restrict their energy usage will probably remain intact i cant be sure tho just speculating. Another thing i noticed is your saying rogue/marksmen/ sab dont hate me for asking this but does "rogue" equal ranger? or which soul im confused....

and to be more specific about what im looking for altough if rogue in fact means ranger ya been very thorough, i dont pvp much i rather raid and group and try to maximise my dps potential. having said that i like to try and find a build that works in all situations in beta i tried the sab combo and the riftstalker combo with the ranger / marksmen offcourse and the sab snare seemed unnecisary since the pet tanking went great he could hold agroe like a champ and if i did take agroe of it i could use the redirect threat ability if he took damage i could heal it so didnt really need to kite at all.

For the riftstalker if i would get in trouble when i ran into an invasion cause of a less then focused moment on my part i could occasionally manage to get away from dying thx to the planeshift so i do see some merit in that altough if ya pay attention this shouldnt happen much.

I did take a look at the bard class tho for questing purposes it might be a nice addition if you add 10 bard points ya get 15% run speed if ya combine this with the ranger (plz stack) ya can run out of combat for 30%. which would speed up gameplay....just ideas tossing around what would be most beneficial as a tiny soul to add to them...

Thx for replying btw

Greetz tha styxxey

Soulwalker

Default Ranger / Marksman ... Ranger / Bard

I leveled using ranger / marksman until 20 and in the last hours of beta 3 i tried out a ranger / bard combo ... with riftstalker as my 3rd soul for the 20% armor increase and the finishing move that increases armor even further... Once I swapped marksman out for bard ( I put 14 points in bard ) I found I could solo more rifts quite easy.. extra armor for pet with bard buff and now I had two heals i could stack on my pet with the bard group heal healing me at the same time. When i would pull groups with 3 or more mobs id usually have one or two attack me rather than my pet so I would melee one of the mobs so i could pop the riftstalker finisher and then go back to ranging the mobs my pet was tanking and just letting the two mobs attacking me do so since they did very little damage on me. At level 20 I was soloing some lvl 17-18 Major rifts. The run speed buff from the bard and the run speed buff from ranger don't stack though but using the bard run speed buff drops the armor increas buff so i would use the ranger one when i messed something up and needed to get the heck out of there. They only times i really died much were when I got cocky and tried to solo the higher level invasion groups....those guys hit hard.

+ Reply to Thread