+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lets see some warden love on these forums.

Default Lets see some warden love on these forums.

Guten Tag,

I browse these forums in my down time and havn't seen much of any Warden discussion threads and feel I should start one up for the community.

I played strictly the cleric calling this past beta and it pleases me to see the diversity between the sent, puri, and ward, however the warden has been by far my favorite. Being a HoT based healer it was fun playing the warfronts tossing HoTs on the group before the combat started, fully HoTing the fang carrier in black garden, etc. This gave me a great sense of control and leissure not having to worry when I needed to heal on the move or if someone ran out of my LoS.

I regretably didn't spend much time in the dungeons aside from running RoF a few times as a sent and ward. I found the sent fine as a healer in the 5 man but had some trouble in aoe situations or when multiple packs of mobs were pulled, where as a warden I had it all under my thumb. The only problems I had as a warden was when my stacks of soothing stream fell off causing a loss of 3 gcds and was potentially mana straining putting them back up during heavy aoe.

Now for the theorycraft corner:
    I've spent a bit of time making builds f or max level content as an AoE focus and tank focus warden. First up is my AoE build:

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...:purifier.5500

This build makes full use of HoTs available to me, the play style with a fair amount of gear could blanket the raid with healing spray and use healing flood and healing shower for heavy raid damage and healing breath (with enraptured breath) to heal up small spike damage on tanks or other raid members. With that being said you can also squeeze in stacks of soothing stream on tank(s) to aid in tank healing turning you in basically a resto druid on wow making you very versitile.

I didn't have the time to test this talent with this build and hope that maybe some of you can shed some light on it for me,

[Tidal Resonance] : activates after you crit with a water based ability, This spell left me wondering if it only means the warden's dps spells or if it counts their healing spell too because if you want to be technical the healing spell names leave to the imagination that they are indeed water based.

Tank healing spec:
    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...:purifier.5500

This build would be something I would off spec for encounters that had almost nothing but heavy tank damage. Basically keep tank(s) fully HoT'd (using healing flood too after mana pools can permit it). Main go to heal would be healing invocation for the attached HoT and increased crit buff. With better gear and a fair amount of crit rating I would spec out of the purifire's 5% crit to get the increased cast time on crits in the sent tree.

I have a few personal variations to both of these specs but these two are the basic builds

Hope you enjoyed reading this, Tschüss

Edit: The last talent of both builds is missing for those that are curious.
    Last edited by kbite; 01-11-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Soulwalker

I'm with you. This beta I went Warden and I'm not turning back. I was just curious how you leveled your Cleric? Did you start Warden or were you more DPS oriented and then re-speced?

Personally, I don't like how easy it is to change souls. You could have a cleric who is complete DPS and then decides to change his souls just so he could heal and grab a group. I feel like it takes away from those of us who actually want to be a full time healer...

Anyways, let me know how you place your soul points as you level, as I was finding it difficult to decide where to spend the points to be effective early in the game.

Soulwalker

Sentinel/Purifier/Warden
    Cattibriee

yay about time someone talked about wardens ! I've been using warden in beta too and really loving the class both ability wise and character wise with their background and water focus, I'm thinking of using a pure build later on (maybe something like http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...n.300011505000) with shaman (maybe) secondary to take some of the beginning dmg reduction and dps abilities and water resistance addon. I look forward to trying to discover potential with the class and meeting the other wardens out there.

Telaran

I just like that their element is water. I'm a big fan of water, its my thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I just like that their element is water. I'm a big fan of water, its my thing lol
    omg same! glad to hear someone else say that heh

edit: although I guess I'm not hardcore enough to go for the dwarf water resist racial over some of the more elflike character models.
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-11-2011 at 09:48 PM.

If I were to heal mainly, Warden would definitely be my main soul. Something like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...alants=3517,5_

Mass HoT and AoE healing, with some enough direct healing for any spikes of damage on a tank. Not being able to try the higher level skills/soul talents yet makes it harder to figure how good a spec is going to be, though.

I'm happy to see all the positive responses from you all

I was just curious how you leveled your Cleric? Did you start Warden or were you more DPS oriented and then re-speced?
    I actually started my main soul as a sent and leveled up while picking only healing talents in prep for pvp, dungeons, and rifts. It was pretty boring just spamming the instant warden dps spell and jumping around basically.

I'm thinking of using a pure build later on (maybe something like http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...n.300011505000)
    If I were to heal mainly, Warden would definitely be my main soul. Something like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...alants=3517,5_
    I like the warden 51 point ability (well all healers 51 point abilities for that matter) but the only problems I have with it is just having to spend talent points on all these dps talents such as destructive tide and such. Well what I should be saying is, is it really worth it compared to all the bonuses i can get out of the sent tree. Because for aoe healing the sent tree really has some nice toys to increase you healing flood via output, more range, and the 9% dmg reduction. And then for tank healing getting healing invocation and having that HoT and crit buff it leaves buffed up from my warden talents and being able to spread that to other people with all his other HoTs.

I was originally trying to get orbs of the tide for some nice aoe healing but after playing with orbs of the stream I see that the orbs have no cooldown to being "popped" thus allowing it to be burned through in anywhere from 1-3 seconds which unless used smart could become a wasted overheal with a cooldown.

Either way glad to see other wardens out there fighting the good fight (or healing the good fight rather) keep the think tank going.

PS: I'll be doing more testing on wardens in the next beta was well as some heavy sent and puri testing and will make posts about them as well for those who are interested about them.

Ascendant

how is healing going in rift thus far? i hear alot finding it hard to heal. so i decided to make a healer. i doubt it will be anything difficult for me to acclimate to as i have healed in every MMO i have ever played. though i would like to know what others think.

right now im spec'd ward/just/sent for leveling up. since justicar has a lot of good qualities for soloing it seems. heck i can have like 4-5 mobs pummeling me and still be fine, its great for quests and such. when i go and switch to a healing role im thinking of switching justicar for purifier and already went and got the soul for it.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    how is healing going in rift thus far? i hear alot finding it hard to heal. so i decided to make a healer. i doubt it will be anything difficult for me to acclimate to as i have healed in every MMO i have ever played. though i would like to know what others think.

right now im spec'd ward/just/sent for leveling up. since justicar has a lot of good qualities for soloing it seems. heck i can have like 4-5 mobs pummeling me and still be fine, its great for quests and such. when i go and switch to a healing role im thinking of switching justicar for purifier and already went and got the soul for it.
    Well for me healing has been fairly easy, but I've also been healing mmos since eq1, sent healing is pretty straight forward with almost all of their heals having cast times, they have a pally feel from wow just alot more tools. The ward can be a little more tricky because at level 20 you get soothing stream which is a stackable hot that can stack up to 4 times for 12 secs and its just a matter of not tunneling and keeping it refreshed and keeping all other hots on the tank. I havn't had a chance to play the purifier so far other than just using their 0 point shield on myself to abosrb AoE damage in 5 mans and pvp.

Bottom line is if you consider yourself relaxed when healing other mmos you'll be fine healing here.

Quote Originally Posted by kbite View Post
    Well for me healing has been fairly easy, but I've also been healing mmos since eq1, sent healing is pretty straight forward with almost all of their heals having cast times, they have a pally feel from wow just alot more tools..
    This reminds me... I've been trying to look into some of the spell mechanics prelaunch to get a sense of how affective some of the wardens spells will be (from http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Warden_abilities) and maybe you can help me with this. Do you by chance know what the cast times and cooldowns for normal spells are (ones labelled "instant" and with no cooldown), and are spells with set amount cast times and cooldowns affected by the normal casts and cooldowns too? Sorry if that sounds obscure :P
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-12-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Default I luv to heal

I found the warden the best healing class for me not only very capable but also fun to play with! To straight forward would bore me to tears . Have posted some on it but truly dont want the other classes jealus and nerf us Warden/shaman/druid

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    This reminds me... I've been trying to look into some of the spell mechanics prelaunch to get a sense of how affective some of the wardens spells will be (from http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Warden_abilities) and maybe you can help me with this. Do you by chance know what the cast times and cooldowns for normal spells are (ones labelled "instant" and with no cooldown), and are spells with set amount cast times and cooldowns affected by the normal casts and cooldowns too? Sorry if that sounds obscure :P

I looked at your link you posted and everything matches up to what was in the beta as far as I can tell, I hope that's the answer you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadara View Post
    I found the warden the best healing class for me not only very capable but also fun to play with! To straight forward would bore me to tears . Have posted some on it but truly dont want the other classes jealus and nerf us Warden/shaman/druid
    From all the testing I've done as a warden and sent, and all of the research i've done for the purifier none of them look very straight forward, they all have their own tools to handle what ever is thrown at them.

The only class I worry for is the purifier, I like the idea behind healing as one, however I fear that they don't have all the tools they may need without much reliance on the other 2 classes as sub specs. I will be able to go into this more however after I have a chance to test a purifier heavy build this coming beta.

Quote Originally Posted by kbite View Post
    I looked at your link you posted and everything matches up to what was in the beta as far as I can tell, I hope that's the answer you're looking for.
    oh its not that, but ty yea i figured the numbers they added were pretty accurate, but I was wondering about some of the spell mechanics, like when it says that a spell is instant and it doesn't show a cooldown? In my exp even if it doesn't show a specific cooldown there still seems to be an intrinsic separation between spells or a natural cooldown, and possibly some small cast times even though it says instant. Do you know what these are?
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-12-2011 at 12:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast