+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support class build

Default Support class build

So, I've been planning to make a purely support class for grouping/raiding. Now that all the starter souls have been announced I can't figure out which would be closest to pure support. What does everyone think will be the best starter soul for an ending support class?

Sentinel seems to be the pure cleric soul. We know the names of just about all the classes now, but we are still lacking on information to make decisions like the one you are looking for. I don't think any of the starter souls (the ones at character creation) are support only, because you would have a rough time by yourself at the beginning until you could switch that soul out for one you found, or until lvl 15 when I think your second soul unlocks so you can multi-class. They might end up letting you have more choices at character creation though.

http://www.tribegaming.com
    I do not fear the unknown. I welcome it.

from what we know atm i, at least, will start with the ranger or assassin and then , hopefully, at lvl 15 we will be able to get the Bard soul - the support type from the rogue calling

he's got a handfull of buffs and a little AoE heal, that's all i know atm

It all comes down to what kind of support you want to give Buffs, debuffs, CC, heals, ports.... ect.

There was a strong hint about a CC mage class coming so if you are looking for that kinds of support you might go with a mage built.

Quote Originally Posted by Kula View Post
    So, I've been planning to make a purely support class for grouping/raiding. Now that all the starter souls have been announced I can't figure out which would be closest to pure support. What does everyone think will be the best starter soul for an ending support class?
    There are alot of different idea's of "support". I guess it would depend on what you depend as Support?

You can support via crowd control, support off tanking(single or aoe), utility dps, cleric full heal, group healing, off heal-tank, etc the list goes on.

I think, especially in Rift, the possibilities are endless. If you want to be extreme utility that would be something that can of course, support a group/raid and that is in demand.

Not to mention that you are highly desirable to group with and that you are good at what you are doing.

Good luck

My definition of support: A class that shines in one very narrow area but can backup every other area to some extent (some better than others).

My concern is that were I even able to build a support class ingame that when LFGroup or LFGuild others would only see archetype and none of them atm scream 'support' to me. Having to explain that my build is a support build will get old very quickly, I think. So, I figured I'd ask what everyone was considering the best base for a support build.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioku View Post
    from what we know atm i, at least, will start with the ranger or assassin and then , hopefully, at lvl 15 we will be able to get the Bard soul - the support type from the rogue calling

he's got a handfull of buffs and a little AoE heal, that's all i know atm
    How do you know that? I believe I havent seen any article mention this yet. As for support class, well depends on what calling you actually want to play!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Telaran

My definition of support: A class that shines in one very narrow area but can backup every other area to some extent (some better than others).

My concern is that were I even able to build a support class ingame that when LFGroup or LFGuild others would only see archetype and none of them atm scream 'support' to me. Having to explain that my build is a support build will get old very quickly, I think. So, I figured I'd ask what everyone was considering the best base for a support build.
    A Bard would be a support class, I guess one (or some) of the remaining mage souls as well.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ylvelill View Post
    There was a strong hint about a CC mage class coming so if you are looking for that kinds of support you might go with a mage built.
    I must have missed that. I was about to say that currently there is a huge hold in the mage support class. Most tanks seem like tanks while mages and rogues seem like pure DPS. Hopefully they work in a few good utility souls.

Given what we know RIGHT NOW.. I'd say cleric base.. We don't have enough info from the mage base to confirm or deny what it will and will not be able to do, however the cleric class has all 8 types known, even if the details are sketchy, that it should flesh out to a good , healer, off-tank, DPS'er.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    How do you know that? I believe I havent seen any article mention this yet. As for support class, well depends on what calling you actually want to play!
    http://www.xanadu-community.com/mb_m....php?id=214391

Bard/Saboteur sounds interesting....
    Last edited by Entropy; 08-24-2010 at 10:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread