+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classes that can solo elites of the same level

Default Classes that can solo elites of the same level

Well, in beta, I went for the Lock/Necro combo, I found two ways to handle elites solo.

1: Nuke dot dot dot, Send in pet (pet taunts), nuke again (to get the 4x debuff for pet dmg) and then Soul Drain to heal my pet. Typically when i run out of charge, my pet will die, so i click my insta summon pet skill, send in the pet (pet taunts) and then repeat before. It may seem chaotic, but it works.

2: The second way (yes, its a lil more cheap, but its utilizing the solo skills to the max, coming from playing nearly every MMO known). Nuke, nuke transfig (sheep), nuke, sheep again. This will make it so the mob has a full 5x per debuff on him and you can focus purely on dots. It always makes it so your charge will be full after you dot him up. Soul drain twice, sometimes (pending on gear/mob lvl) you won't even have to summon a new pet.

Has anyone else found any tricks to being able to solo (with ease or not ease) elites? I would assume rangers can snare kite (however I don't know their CDs and such).

I know that Marksman/Ranger/Sabo can kite :P (Solo an Elite because they don't get any damage)
    Justicar/Shaman/Druid(or Warden not sure) Can also solo an elite I think I read this somewhere I need confirmation ^^

But explain all the ways you quite with your Lock/Neck

I didn't really understand

Chloro/necro can pet tank elites quite easily,

My 27 paladin/reaver/warlord could also tank elites 27 points in paladin, 9 in reaver.

Well, I keep my tank pet out (since it uses taunt). Stand max distance and open with a nude (i spec'd so my nuke puts a debuff on him, making my pet hit him harder). While the bolt is in the air, im dotting him all up (life tap / 2 others). By the time this rotation is up, my charge meter is almost full and my pet is being sent in. The tank pet automatically uses his taunt ability, which puts his aggro higher than my own (even with all prior casting). By this time, the elite should be at 75% hp and dropping fast. He is also hitting my pet really hard, so, i use the soul void (channeled dmg'ing spell that heals myself and my pet every second). This spell requires charge to use. By the time my charge is out, the elite is usually around 25-35% life and my pet is dead. With my ability to "next pet summon is instant cast" ability, i bring out another tanking pet dot the elite a few more times (allowing myself to take 2-3 hits so that i can get more charge). Send pet to taunt, and soul void again till he is dead.

Since "sheeping" (transfig or w/e its called) only breaks when its damaged. I nuke the mob twice (getting the debuff on him with +dmg from my pet) and sheep till he has a 5x stack. This way the pet starts right off the bat doing more damage. Then follow the first paragraph. This is longer prep, faster kill. (In the end this way is safer).

Basically, dmg him, pet tanks, heal pet, pet dies, insta summon new pet and repeat. It works wonders when you get all the timing down. I can only imagine how easy it'd be to solo elites with the upgraded dmg based pet and warlock fear.

Lvl 4x you could probably solo lvl 50 Elites ^^

I can only guess that level 50 elites are the kind that will one shot necro pets (Even the tank kind). Early elites are always easier to kill than later on. Not to mention theres no telling the hp to dps ratio later on. But one can hope Sadly, I'm a pvp'r so these strats will die when i reach max levels and I will hopefully have an idea on which pvp spec will be most optimal.

I am a Pvper too

PweeVweePwee

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bahemeth View Post
    open with a nude
    Is that a fear type spell? or maybe a mesmerise ;)
    Last edited by Kytus; 01-11-2011 at 05:30 PM.

I am not sure what people define as elites. There are normal elite minions and there are the lt's or bosses. As for the typical same level ones I was easily killing them with my riftstalker/assassin/bard. No pet needed . This took a lot of levels to mature the build though.

I used to love pets years ago but have since only found them to be a crutch. Rather pointless for a stealth class too anyway.
    Last edited by Tamanous; 01-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Pets are revolved around pve in my opinion, but they sure are a neisance for hitting healers with big casts

Any tank/heal hybrid build can solo tougher group quest elites, like that big tree in Gloamwood around level 24ish. My Just/Inq/Sent cleric build worked well, but it took quite a while burning all of my convictions on heals and mana regen (rotating every few stacks of conviction). As levels go up and more points are available I could see a hybrid melee/heal cleric spec able to just burst down equal level elites with cooldowns and pots.

i used necro/warlock/dominator in a similiar way but there's ways to keep your charge meter up fast and strong by spending points in a certain warlock trait, can't remember names;;. Dominator was nice cause of the single instant cast lightning spell you get from the get go, it's damage is decent and gives great charge for a instant cast spell. Later on you also get a necro spell as you work your way up the tree which lowers the mobs damage % and boosts your pets damage while on the mob Looming Demise i think it was called. By lvl 26, i'd start a fight off q/ plague bolt, smack him next w/ Demise or that DoT spell necro's get which also boosts damage of the pet, then focus on more plague bolts for the x5 mod. In-between doing Soul Purges as needed (channeled necro spell that gives back hp to pet and caster), using that spiffy lightning spell off Dominator to quickly get charge back in tight spots. Works great in pvp too if you are fast at setting up your charge, easily destroyed my enemies especially w/ the upgraded dps undead pet later.

i can solo elites as paragon/champion/riftblade .. just use freeze armor (20 yard range snare) and kite spamming flame spear :P

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Chloro/necro can pet tank elites quite easily
    Well, one elite at a time in general. I may have not tried it at a high enough level or with quite the right combination of skills. Rift elites at same level or a couple higher are also sometimes quite capable of knocking most of the health off of a Stalwart in one hit...not all elites are equally elite.

Soulwalker

I was soloing rift elites my level or lower with Bard / Ranger Up until about lvl 25. Just make sure the bard heals and the pet heal are your priority in your rotations and you can keep the razorbeast up enough to kill a solo elite. Add one more mob into the mix though elite or non elite and the pet usually takes a little too much damage to keep alive. Although with riftstalker as my third soul I could usually finish off the elite if my pet died after I had the elite to 1/4 health or less.
    Last edited by Tyranos; 01-11-2011 at 09:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast