+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pets in Warfronts..

Soulwalker

Default Pets in Warfronts..

Just wondering, am I the only one who feels annoyed by seeing 30 pets running around in the Warfronts?

The reason why it annoys me mainly is because well for one it messes up my target (Im a Mage), I remember a time where I tabbed 5 times in a row and all I targeted was pets... so by the time I target an actual player 1/4 of my party is probably already dead. They also do a descent damage to cloth users so if u get ganked by 2-3 pets even if there are no player attacking you, you will probably get ***** by the pets. Don't get me wrong I do like pets, but just seems like every one has one which makes the Warfronts look ugly IMO.

Also for people that has to play on low settings like me there are some pets that look like players lol, if you play on low you might find yourself attacking the skeleton pet mistaking it for a player sometimes.

So, what do you people do to not target 5 pets in a row like I do? is there a trick? do you target with your mouse? is your tab supa cool and ignores all the pets? share please.
    Last edited by Shi_TaN; 01-11-2011 at 03:50 PM.

I understand you i `m also a mage and when played in warfronts i targeted many times the pets .

Soulwalker

You shouldnt tab target really at all in pvp. You should be clicking the target that you want to attack, but if you click the pet and mistake it for a player than that is really only your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethreal View Post
    You shouldnt tab target really at all in pvp. You should be clicking the target that you want to attack, but if you click the pet and mistake it for a player than that is really only your fault.
    Are you kidding me? Do you know how many combos with the Bard/Ranger/Sabateur I have to do all freakin ready.
    Between the 4 Motifs and the amror vs. speed anthem and the pet and the slows and charges...

I'm also trying to invite more people into a structure i can heal and buff or i'm useless.
    And its not easy getting you crazy people organized.. half decline (thats rifts there though)
    Last edited by Sumnore; 01-11-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

Shadowlander

You can't assume others play the way you do, even if I do understand what you mean. Also, consider that in clusters pets can be clicked by accident, get in the way, and by the time you've casted your spell (we're talking fast paced pvp action) you've already used it on the wrong target.

Ascendant

Yes, very VERY annoying as a ranged. The built-in targetting system blows too, compounding the problem. I want a "next enemy that isn't a ****ing pet" option in my targetting.

Soulwalker

You shouldn't tab target really at all in pvp. You should be clicking the target that you want to attack, but if you click the pet and mistake it for a player than that is really only your fault.
    I understand. I'll try to mouse click instead of tab targeting now we'll see how that goes.

However about the skeleton pet I think Trion should of made an animal pet or something instead of a skeleton that walks upright and is as tall as the players are, because like I said on low graphics it can get a little confusing specially if you are far away from the pet or if the pet is in the middle of a lot of people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    Yes, very VERY annoying as a ranged. The built-in targetting system blows too, compounding the problem. I want a "next enemy that isn't a ****ing pet" option in my targetting.
    Yeah I feel the same, I wish we had a "ignore pets" option on the targeting. Like I said before it's not that I don't like pets or anything like that it's just that when there's a crap load of pets on your screen one it makes the targeting pretty annoying and also makes the pvp look kinda 'ugly'... it reminds me of stupid games like battles of immortals.

I think the systerm is fine.

Pets should be killed leaving them alive is quite stupid they bring chaos to you`re own lines AOE taunt Nerco knight pet alone breeds no end of hatred in pvp.

Pets are there to get in the way and be annoying as well as kill people the systerm ensure`s that.

That been said they need to nerf pets been as powerfull as a full pet class pet when they got zero points in the tree.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Soulwalker

way too many pets in the entire game it seems like everyone has a pet.

Shadowlander

True pets should be nerfed in the sense that they're only good if you put points into that soul's tree. Of course, you do get better pets if you do, but the way they are now seems kinda unfair.

But attacking pets? No... simply no.... They have enough HP to prevent that from being at all useful. Kill the player and the pet dies. Perhaps if you're a cleric you can take a pet then go on to the player, but for a rogue who gets most of his damage out on the initial attack, if its wasted on the pet you got no chance with the player.

the pets are already nerfed in a way, without spending points into the tree, your pet can only get to a set max level, i think it was 8. But i do agree that they can get very annoying -.- especially when your holding the fang with 6 of them beating on u.
    Last edited by Pyrotastik; 01-11-2011 at 06:51 PM.

If you ever have 6 pets on you, you have 3-6 people on you also, you are dead. Deal with it. Complaining about pets on you and their "dps" is like complaining that "dots dmg me and i can't stop them! Like.... 2 necros dotted me and i had 8 dots". Part of the game guys, most people get a pet class as their third choice because its fun to have, unless the specifically spec INTO pet upgrades, its worthless later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotastik View Post
    the pets are already nerfed in a way, without spending points into the tree, your pet can only get to a set max level, i think it was 8. But i do agree that they can get very annoying -.- especially when your holding the fang with 6 of them beating on u.
    this^^ I believe its simply due to the fact that people arent max level, thus they only have a limited about of points to spend towards their souls. So currently, taking ranger, or etc to get a pet for free is a pretty good idea.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fayde View Post
    I think the systerm is fine.

Pets should be killed leaving them alive is quite stupid they bring chaos to you`re own lines AOE taunt Nerco knight pet alone breeds no end of hatred in pvp.

Pets are there to get in the way and be annoying as well as kill people the systerm ensure`s that.

That been said they need to nerf pets been as powerfull as a full pet class pet when they got zero points in the tree.

Umm...definetly not...you get the starter pet for that class, but for the most part the starter pet BLOWS in comparison to the advanced pets;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast