+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pets in Warfronts..

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotastik View Post
    the pets are already nerfed in a way, without spending points into the tree, your pet can only get to a set max level, i think it was 8. But i do agree that they can get very annoying -.- especially when your holding the fang with 6 of them beating on u.
    uh you can raise your pets max level simply by visiting your trainer. my lvl 20 bard with a 0 point ranger / lvl 20 warthog says so

Soulwalker

Im hoping the whole pet thing is more of a low level fad .

pets smight be more of a liability then a benefit at higher levels. at level 50 we will probably be able to kill pets much faster to the point where its not worth the time to summon them .

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    uh you can raise your pets max level simply by visiting your trainer. my lvl 20 bard with a 0 point ranger / lvl 20 warthog says so
    It will cap eventually and won't get higher. So at 50 if you have 0 in a pet soul you will have like a lvl 25 pet. That will be pretty damn useless...

It's just the level range being the cause of this. But really I don't see too much of a problem with this. If you cant tab target a player, chances are they aren't in range of you. Pay a little extra attention and click if you have to, but I don't see it being an endgame problem nor something crippling at this stage either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi_TaN View Post
    Also for people that has to play on low settings like me there are some pets that look like players lol, if you play on low you might find yourself attacking the skeleton pet mistaking it for a player sometimes.

So, what do you people do to not target 5 pets in a row like I do? is there a trick? do you target with your mouse? is your tab supa cool and ignores all the pets? share please.
    I rarely belittle someone's opinion, but are you kidding me? The classes that have pets have them for a reason, if tab targeting doesn't work, learn to mouseover target.

As for playing on low settings the skeleton should be changed? There are other MMO's that have 'humanoid' looking pets, at least the ones I've played and PvP'd in.

Different levels/different brackets you'll likely find certain classes do better - again that's what I've seen in most PvP MMO's.
    ziboo
    Hammerfist Clan - Faeblight

"Never argue with stupid, it drags you down to it's level, then beats you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorth View Post
    It will cap eventually and won't get higher. So at 50 if you have 0 in a pet soul you will have like a lvl 25 pet. That will be pretty damn useless...

It's just the level range being the cause of this. But really I don't see too much of a problem with this. If you cant tab target a player, chances are they aren't in range of you. Pay a little extra attention and click if you have to, but I don't see it being an endgame problem nor something crippling at this stage either.
    They changed this, if you look at trainers now at unavailable skills the starter pets go all the way to 50. And they are not weaker than the greater versions by much, greaters have the same stats and hp, just a new model and 1 or 2 new skills. Thats the real problem, that every single player can have a free pet, and almost all of them do so, because there's just nothing else you can get for 0 pts that can compare to a free fully functional pet. At least make them like 6 or 10pt root abilities, something. I love pets and wouldn't play a non pet class for anything, but the way it is now just seems silly.

That said the tab targetting onto pets is annoying sure but thats part of their job, to annoy and harass until you kill them or you die =P
    Last edited by Relair; 01-12-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    They changed this, if you look at trainers now at unavailable skills the starter pets go all the way to 50. And they are not weaker than the greater versions by much, greaters have the same stats and hp, just a new model and 1 or 2 new skills. Thats the real problem, that every single player can have a free pet, and almost all of them do so, because there's just nothing else you can get for 0 pts that can compare to a free fully functional pet. At least make them like 6 or 10pt root abilities, something. I love pets and wouldn't play a non pet class for anything, but the way it is now just seems silly.

That said the tab targetting onto pets is annoying sure but thats part of their job, to annoy and harass until you kill them or you die =P
    They do differ on necro you can spec for and advanced version of the pet, spec for more health, and spec for more damage. Level 50 0 point pets will be an annoyance at best and easily killable as they are now. I love when a pet attacks me when im low on health, i can soul purge heal to full than a couple spells and it's dead, and if it's a 0 point pet the person likely wont have time to re-cast it until they die, whereas on my necro i have an ability to instantly re-spawn the pet since i'm specd into necro
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-12-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ziboo View Post
    I rarely belittle someone's opinion, but are you kidding me? The classes that have pets have them for a reason, if tab targeting doesn't work, learn to mouseover target.

As for playing on low settings the skeleton should be changed? There are other MMO's that have 'humanoid' looking pets, at least the ones I've played and PvP'd in.

Different levels/different brackets you'll likely find certain classes do better - again that's what I've seen in most PvP MMO's.
    Sorry I'm not kidding you.

I don't care about having to mouseover to target my enemy I used to do it back in the days when games were so old that they didn't have tab target option yet. I just don't like it... I rather tab target and I wish I had the option to tab target, but since the Warfronts are just filled with pets tab targeting becomes pointless.

I'm mostly complaining about the Warfronts having almost more pets then players.. Which is ridiculous since almost nobody goes for the actual pet soul tree they just use the pet because it's a 0 points skill.. I don't know for you but for me it's a turn off. I wanna PvP Players, not pets.

I just wish pets weren't lvl 0 skills, so for example we would actually see a real "Beastmaster" in the game. As it is right now there is almost no Beastmasters in the game- just Champions, Paladins, Void Knights, Paragons etc running around with the Beastmasters pet. Same goes for the other classes.
    Last edited by Shi_TaN; 01-12-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Shadowlander

<--- going heavy Beastmaster, I like the tree personally

Plane Touched

Has anyone ever heard of IWAU pvp build? Anyone that did guild pvp in Guildwars should remember this build.

I see a lot of possible options with the pets that could cause for some interesting set ups in pvp. imagine if your entire raid all had pets. and imagine if the pets weren't all just cannon fodder.

Soulwalker

Angry

Common, in pretty much every MMO pets sucks, either their damage is WAY too low, either their pathfinder is crappy as hell.

Here we finally got good pets, just fdon't nerf it -.-'

About targeting, just clic or tab depending on situation, I honestly never had an issu targeting in pvp even in crowded situation...

You could also check your interface options and disable names on ennemy pets... so you can't mishunderstood them with other players O_o Even though I can't see how you could mishunderstand a boar with a mage O_o ...

That seems absurb to me, ppl QQing like always

Shadowlander

I would have to agree that the sheer amount of pets is out of control at lower levels. Although, I do believe that this will stop happening once people have access to their pvp tree. Being limited to only 2 pve souls will mean that people will not be as likely to pick up the pet tree unless they actually plan on investing in it or are heavily investing in one pve tree and using the pet tree as a filler (which will likely be rare as it reduces your skillset).
    Last edited by spector_0_0; 01-12-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Soulwalker

I think the simple solution is to make player pets non-tab targetable. I've seen this function well in other games, and if the pets annoy you that much, just click on them and kill them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2