+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric and Rift Rewards

Default Cleric and Rift Rewards

I like playing a healer but ive noticed I dont get nearly the same rewards as other in my group after a rift. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?
    Should I be using a DPS soul and not heal as much?
    Women might be able to fake ******s, but men can fake a whole relationship.

Level27 Cleric

Hm. Not sure what you're talking about really. As a healer, I tend to be at the top of contributors for a rift event, without doing any DPS at all. I consistently get the Silvermoon Champion's emblem and have gotten 2 of them once. I always get sourcestones and other planar loot. Honestly, I think that should be toned down a bit, as 1 heal will generally put me above the first notch for contributing.

The complaint I hear most is that people don't get xp for healing and such. I like the loot more than the xp myself, as I can always get xp through quests and other things, and if I'm in a group, then I get xp from their contributions. So to get xp, you'll want to group, and if you want to get guaranteed heals, then you'll want to group. All around, the message is that you'll want to group with other people regardless.

Soulwalker

They could always add a planar trader who would trade planar loot for XP. that way you could pick. Just a thought and recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyclam View Post
    Hm. Not sure what you're talking about really. As a healer, I tend to be at the top of contributors for a rift event, without doing any DPS at all. I consistently get the Silvermoon Champion's emblem and have gotten 2 of them once. I always get sourcestones and other planar loot. Honestly, I think that should be toned down a bit, as 1 heal will generally put me above the first notch for contributing.

The complaint I hear most is that people don't get xp for healing and such. I like the loot more than the xp myself, as I can always get xp through quests and other things, and if I'm in a group, then I get xp from their contributions. So to get xp, you'll want to group, and if you want to get guaranteed heals, then you'll want to group. All around, the message is that you'll want to group with other people regardless.
    Good info, I was thinking of making a cleric as my main. / first character.

I was usually near the top as a cleric. That was just my experience. I did ok as a mage as well.

Maybe my group needs to take more damage? I consistently see other group memebers receive an emblem while I dont. Do I just need to be throwing a group heal out or what?

Level27 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Destany View Post
    Maybe my group needs to take more damage? I consistently see other group memebers receive an emblem while I dont. Do I just need to be throwing a group heal out or what?
    Just overheal, it doesn't matter. From what I experienced as a healer, it doesn't matter if your heals land or not. It's calculated by the amount of spells you cast.

The real class that gets the shaft in Rifts is tanks.

Soulwalker

I have a mage and my fiancee plays a healing cleric. We have done everything together and he seems to get more rewards and xp as a cleric. I'm wondering if it could be the way different people play? I always watch the XP points, and haven't quite figured them out, I wish it would tell me what the xp was for.

That could be it,i was only healing when someone in group or raid needed it and DPS in between.

Thanks

Level27 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Destany View Post
    That could be it,i was only healing when someone in group or raid needed it and DPS in between.

Thanks
    If you are going to be a full blown healer... drop the dps in groups. You will sink your mana pool and be shafted when the crunch time hits for major healing. Your experience will change greatly if you go into a pure healer mindset. If you wanna dps... have a solo role made up to let you take your aggressions out on mobs.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Most effective way that I've found to always be at the top is with a hybrid melee/heal build. Shaman/Justicar/Warden, specifically. At least six points, up to eight, in Justicar, zero in Warden and the rest in Shaman gives you a multi target melee hit, and a 10 target heal, a hot and decent mana efficiency. Utilizing all of those topping the chart is quite easy, while contributing a great deal to your group. Make sure you drink every time you can though, because you can burn through mana quickly if you're having to aoe dps/heal a lot, even using Ageless Ice on CD.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
    I have a mage and my fiancee plays a healing cleric. We have done everything together and he seems to get more rewards and xp as a cleric. I'm wondering if it could be the way different people play? I always watch the XP points, and haven't quite figured them out, I wish it would tell me what the xp was for.
    That would be nice. Or if they would have a log you could look at after combat or receiving xp that would log what the rewards were for. Could only have to hold 15 min info or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricug View Post
    Just overheal, it doesn't matter. From what I experienced as a healer, it doesn't matter if your heals land or not. It's calculated by the amount of spells you cast.

The real class that gets the shaft in Rifts is tanks.
    all the tanks i played with also always got near or at top of the contribution.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

+ Reply to Thread