+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paragon/Riftblade/Champion

Default Paragon/Riftblade/Champion

So I tried out those three soul trees with my character, and it seems to work well Riftblade and Paragon seem to work well together as it allows for you to use 2 elementally imbued weapons, and Champion and Riftblade allow me to use 2H swords and Axes that are elementally imbued. If anyone has this combination of classes, tell me what you think of it.

I think it's more efficient to either focus on dual wielding or using two-handed weapons. Paragon and Champion can have some great synergies, but you shouldn't take both DW and 2H talents.

Imho.

I did paladin
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Hux

I ran around with Rift/Para/Champ for the first couple levels, and they really do compliment eachother well, even if you wish to put no talents in one of the three. If you want to focus on Riftwalker you should get the ability damage increase from each tree (i dont know if "strike like lion" is worth it because you have so many other good finishers, but i did a fiery burst -> strike like lion -> fiery burst -> ect. rotation on single targets, and it seemed to work well, even if it aint its still loads of fun).

Speccing deep into Paragon and putting the required points into Champion really seem like the better option though (if you like that gameplay) because the two other (specially Champ) compliments it so well.

Champion seemed, to me, like the who gained the least being paired with Riftblade and Paragon, while paragon will stop supporting a 2H build after the first 5 points and you'll end up wasting at least 5 points in order to go further into the tree.

With that said, that's just some of the dps builds for Para/Rift/Champi found being worth it, im sure there's better ways to do it.
    <Two dead souls meet in the world of the unliving, both have been brutally killed in a blattleground>
    Soul 1: Hey there buddy! Guess you're waiting to respawn as well, huh? How'd you die?
    Soul 2: Nah, just got owned by a arms warrior. How 'bout you?
    Soul 1: Yeah well, so i was standing there doing a ton of damage with my fiery necromancer mage, when this tanky paladin-warrior blinks over to me and starts shooting instant fireballs and ends up getting the killing blow on me with his pet.
    Soul 2: Ah cool... Wait, what?!
    Soul 1: Crazy awesome huh? It's called Rift, welcome to the World of Customization.

Shadowlander

check out my vid i made: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-PVE-PVP-Video

its paragon champion riftblade focusing on DW

Did you focus strictly on one soul tree, or 2 soul trees? What was your focus in?

Shadowlander

would it be viable though to get all the increased parry/dodge things so you could offtank in an instance if needed be?

i guess if you want the 51 point skill you would need to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kennettq View Post
    would it be viable though to get all the increased parry/dodge things so you could offtank in an instance if needed be?

i guess if you want the 51 point skill you would need to anyway.
    Unless I had a brain fart and just forgot to cast Storm Blade before checking the tool tip during beta 4, Grace of the Five Rings(+9% parry while dual wielding) and Elemental Deflection(+5% Parry while a Blade Spell is active) don't stack. The tool tip just showed the +9% from Grace of the Five Rings.

Telaran

I believe that this is currently far and away the combination with the highest DPS potential.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    Unless I had a brain fart and just forgot to cast Storm Blade before checking the tool tip during beta 4, Grace of the Five Rings(+9% parry while dual wielding) and Elemental Deflection(+5% Parry while a Blade Spell is active) don't stack. The tool tip just showed the +9% from Grace of the Five Rings.
    It could/might sstack later on. But there is also Duality of mind, Bend like the Reed.

So lets assume that Elemental deflection and Grace of the five rings do stack.

Thats 9+5+5=19% parry.

plus if you spam bend like the Reed with 3 points thats another 75% so you probably will get over 100% parry chance. Even if elemental deflection doesnt stack, your still in the high 80's. Couple that with Way of the Wind (attack everytime you parry). i see you could become an offtank or a very annoying person to kill in pvp to other melee toons.
    Last edited by kennettq; 01-12-2011 at 07:36 PM.

i love the combo myself, but stick with 2h or dual weild. dont try to put both into one role. if you want to dual weild, purchase a second role and re-allocate your skill points as you see fit for a dual weilder.

+ Reply to Thread