+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Mage specs and soul combos

Champion

Well too address the last point, I can provide a screenshot to say that your builder is incorrect. There are a few things the builder you use is outdated and incorrect. Thankfully I screenshotted every root and top ability for stormcaller/elementalist. I do not need to go with your builder which is indeed false. Yes it looks better than the riftrolebuilder, but riftrolebuilder is the most up to date builder out right now. Rather have accurate data than nice icons.

Woot, great. AoE root component. You will be breaking the root component of that before you ever enjoy it. Flash freeze is the only one with 50% chance not to break on damage on the aoe freeze, but then you risk splitting your packs which kind of defeats the utility of snares and aoeing if you cant HIT them all. You did not observe the limitation of radius being 5-7m, which is quite small, when you've tested this in the beta events.

Also I never mentioned cloudburst, which is Single target. Your arguement is getting weaker with trying to say I said something I did not. The entire point of the 31 point ability would be to get charges on the mobs. If you say that spamming a few charged fields is enough to win the kite, then you do not need the 51 point right there. 25% extra snare for aoeing and kiting is enough for anything you could ever ask for. They should never "ever" get anyways close. Roots do not stop ranged attacks, and far as I know I cannot find stuns located anywhere in the Stormcaller's tree.

75% snare, 50% move speed in combat for emergencies. That is all you need. You also should know, since you've played the game to 27 right, that so far melee mobs have ranged attacks? Also melee is packed with default ranged and casters. Nothing in the trees prevent the ranged attacks, so your massive aoe pulls are going to mostly be hindered by incoming damage Ice shield from elementalist is nice but not enough damage soaking. Your shields from stormcaller are mostly PBAOE which you shouldnt have anything that close if they are snared 75%!

Also again, charged field only allows it to jump, making the radius improved, but uses up the electrified charges on the mob. It does not improve damage if your pack is within 7m of the target for it originally. Almost certain? You should know, you tested this right like the rest of us? There should be no guessing here.

I can see the 31 point ability and NOT having charge field, so that lightning field strikes with the full 27% dmg boost for 3 debuffs on each mob, along with what i would personally do is having 15% from elementalist root 38 armor. There is no need to try and have freezes half resistant to breaking on damage. There is no need for shell shock. I do not even see a need for the Frontal cone pushback outside of PVP, where if pvp is the focus then SURE i would take it. But we are not talking pvp here.

You waste points, you could have the greater water pet with a AOE freeze on standby that is instant. Or the Greater Air elemental with both boosting YOUR damage more and aoe as well.

I base what i say from actually trying and testing it, not from theorycrafting. I do not even know where your situation of 20 mobs comes up with, since Trion has made mob placement very anti AOE in large numbers. Along with how melee mobs are designed.

Well I've been definitely thinking I'm going to try:

Dominator (51) with an Elementalist (15) secondary for pve (not sure what to put for a 0 pt ability...)
    and possibly Dominator with Archmage secondary for pvp if I switch out elementalist.

The crowd control is definitely getting me pretty excited though <3 and I've been trying to analyze different approaches with it a lot already, I absolutely love cc mages so I'm really looking forward to it.

Edit: I was wondering though if someone could elaborate because I haven't had a chance to test out the class in beta much, how the confuse effect works in pvp as opposed to pve? Someone told me earlier that it makes the opponent have a chance of randomly attacking allies- Does he still otherwise retain control of his player? How often will they still attack you while under the influence? Will he just attack you anyways if there are no allies around him? Also I was wondering, when people get polymorphed can they still retain movement, or do they just make slow randomized mob movements? Oh and how useful will cc end up being in raiding? How immune are mobs?
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-14-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Soulwalker

i mwonder alot of people are banking on pyromancers what if a fire rift opens? im guessing your pyro build would be pretty much useless then.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticIcon View Post
    i mwonder alot of people are banking on pyromancers what if a fire rift opens? im guessing your pyro build would be pretty much useless then.
    Nah, the fire invasions are not fire immune, not do they really suffer from damage resistance via that element.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4