+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet damage a little out of control?

Soulwalker

Default Pet damage a little out of control?

It seems to me that pet damage is a little ridiculous, especially because for all classes, there is no reason NOT to have one. At their current state all pets do way too much dmg for thier level. I hope to see that it evens out a bit more at higher levels. The only classes whos pets should do dmg would be the Necro, and the elementalist. Even then, both of those classes put out enough dps to make up for a pet nerf.

I dont see how this is true at all.
    I play an Elementalist and I can honestly say that none of my pets are viable for using as DPS in either PvP or PvE.
    In fact my auto attacks with a staff can out DPS all of them.

The one thing they really are useful for is acting as a meat shield in PvE so I dont take damage while I nuke, or as a distracting pest in PvE that they just cant seem to get rid of (thanks to quicken).

Honestly I'd welcome the opposite change. In games like FFXI or Diablo II that have a class thats dedicated to summons, the mages themselves don't really do any substantial damage. Maybe a good buff or debuff, but no attacks worth using.
    Their pets on the other hand act as avatars for the player and deal reasonable amounts of damage and have the ability to take some damage too.
    It would be nice to see a soul built around those fundamentals, with maybe a bigger variety of pets, or pets you gain through quests, boss fights, or achievements

But as things stand, I dont mind my pets basically acting as tanks and nothing more while I deal all the damage

100% disagree.

The souls with Pets have them for a reason and the dmg is appropriate. In PvP just CC the pet and kill the owner. If you have a healer in the group less than 5 pets on you should not even come close to killing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyerolla View Post
    It seems to me that pet damage is a little ridiculous, especially because for all classes, there is no reason NOT to have one. At their current state all pets do way too much dmg for thier level. I hope to see that it evens out a bit more at higher levels. The only classes whos pets should do dmg would be the Necro, and the elementalist. Even then, both of those classes put out enough dps to make up for a pet nerf.
    Troll

+ Reply to Thread