+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger Kiting Gameplay

Default Ranger Kiting Gameplay

Hey everyone this is my first post and my first video upload so don't be tough on me lol. I was reading somewhere that someone asked how the kiting was in this game and I found a little tough but fun as well. I know my pet is on passive because I wanted to show that a marksmen build could kite without having the pet. The pet is a great addition to solo game play and holds aggro really well.

I know this isn't textbook kiting but I wanted to show some game play footage for entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Y_u_rW9L0

Rift Disciple

Nicely done.....
    "I once asked God for a bike. Then I realized God didn't work that way. So I stole a bike, and asked for God's forgiveness."

Quote Originally Posted by Cathen View Post
    Nicely done.....
    Thanks lol. I'm ready for the next CB so I can make some more footage. That was my first time using Fraps and making some gameplay footage. I'm excited about playing as a Ranger again. I'm a solo player at heart and the Ranger/Marks/Sab is great for soloing elites or 2-3 mobs with your pet.

Next video I would like to incorporate some PvP footage. I had a lot of fun in Black Garden!

Soulwalker

Default MMm mmm

...nm......
    Last edited by Jolegro; 01-11-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Was the giant an elite mob?

Soulwalker

Great nice job, that Giant kill me ever
    Can you link your build?

What build would be the best to kite with ?

I'm a Kiter at heart.

Nice thanks for the post
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Does the pet die quickly when you Kite an elite =P

Just wondering probably does and if so can you revive your pet ?

Yes the mob was elite. It was a level 20 elite and I was level 22 so It was kinda a level difference but you get the picture.

As far as the pet goes, yes it dies rather quickly when I sent it to attack that particular elite. And even though I took off his taunt for some reason he still got aggro from me. You can cast a heal over time on your pet and it works rather well sometimes but not against a mob that hits to hard, but on another note I did use my boar to off tank some trash pulls in the first dungeon. You can revive your pet but the cast time is like 5 seconds or more if i remember.

Here was my build at the end of the last beta. ( close as i could remember )

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...20500:saboteur

I only picked Saboteur for the Adhesive bomb. That spell works great when rotating with Crippling Shot!
    Last edited by Senjak; 01-11-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Very nice kiting. a few weird things. Why didnt you use your barbed shot? it would have been impressive dmg concidering the enemy moves all the time. And why not let your pet hit it without taunt enabled? for more dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Hemigidius View Post
    Very nice kiting. a few weird things. Why didnt you use your barbed shot? it would have been impressive dmg concidering the enemy moves all the time. And why not let your pet hit it without taunt enabled? for more dmg
    My pet seemed to still get aggro when I took off the taunt spell for some reason. I dunno if this is a bug or what but I took off both spells and just let the pet auto attack and he still got aggro. Now I admit I do mess up so I could have done it wrong.. i'll check again in next beta.

And as for the Barbed Shot!!!! OMG! I didn't even think about that! Ugh you could see how cluttered my spell bar was... With work and real life I didn't get to play a whole lot so I probably wasn't thinking and didn't think about using that spell. I will totally remember after you pointing that out! TY lol

Glad to have helped you out! Keep up the ranger love!

+ Reply to Thread