+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Rogue Build *Open PvP*

Default Melee Rogue Build *Open PvP*

Does anyone here think that the damage will be alright ? what would be the best class *guardian side* to pair this with

Do I have enough stuns ? Will I be able to take someone down quickly ? Will I crit enough ?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2414,5_2419,5_

Rift Disciple

Default Suggest Defiant Side (Bahmi race ) for melee rogue build

All other reasons aside, I suggest looking at whatever class you want to focus on and what are the strengths/weakness before you choose sides or races. I did that with both of the characters that I leveled (a mage and a melee rogue) to great advantage. After reading the forums on melee rogues being underpowered in dps ability, I think I made the best choice personally. I chose the Bahmi race for the 40% temp increase in damage output. I saw a big difference when I used this ability in PvE. It saved my behind more than once when I got untimely adds linked on me. I also noticed a successful advantage to the specific race in PvP. I would stealth my way to the enemy carrier and launch a massive burst attack. I often saw the most carrier kills in the leader boards with this tactic. Another great use is to target the healers focused on the carrier. I generally went after the weakest link (lowest lvl) first, with the hopes that my comrades would succeed in a kill even if I died by my softening the target.

Kaipa is a level 19 assassin/bladedancer/riftstalker. I focused on complimenting damage output, counterattacks, and evasion.

General of Telara

Melee rogues aren't really underpowered. The whole energy thing needs a bit of balancing but people simply need to learn how to effectively play a melee rogue, which stats/buffs/abilities to focus on, etc.

Nightblade, Assassin and even Bladedancer all do respectable amounts of DPS when played correctly. Riftstalker is a tank class so their DPS isn't really something that's supposed to be high.

I want to play guardian side because it will be quicker to get in warfronts, and also more people are defiants

Rift Disciple

understood. I play Assassin primarily, use BladeDancer to add buffs to my dps ability, and tried Riftstalker for the defensive adjustments I needed to solo some. Of course, the game is in it's infancy and we are all trying new things to see what works best for our playstyle. I was just stating what build I am trying and what i am seeing with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Meritt View Post
    Melee rogues aren't really underpowered. The whole energy thing needs a bit of balancing but people simply need to learn how to effectively play a melee rogue, which stats/buffs/abilities to focus on, etc.

Nightblade, Assassin and even Bladedancer all do respectable amounts of DPS when played correctly. Riftstalker is a tank class so their DPS isn't really something that's supposed to be high.
    I think you are overlooking something big here.

I have yet to hear someone complain about how much dmg they are doing with a melee rogue in PvE.

I have heard from a lot of people that I talked to that the amount of dmg they do in PVP needs to be looked at. Having played different permutations of every class (not soul, CLASS) and more than one of them was a melee-specced rogue (I rolled it to test the class, NOT because I wanted to play that class on release.), it always seemed to me that melee rogues on average do WAY LESS DMG in PvP. I'm not asking that melee rogues be overpowered. I'm asking that melee rogues actually perform in PvP the way the rogue class is described: Single-target high dmg dps. A properly played rogue should be a problem for the person it is they jump on, not just a minor annoyance. Due to energy costs for skills, you pretty much get ONE FULL ROTATION before you are out of energy, and for the class with with least survivabiltity in game, that **** is a DEATH SENTENCE in PvP. When full rotations don't even make you an issue for clothies (I.e under 45% hp), then there is no point in playing a class in PvP.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Go elf for pvp racials and look around
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Soulwalker

Default Try this build, the buff damage output is insane if done right,

You don't have the max Assasin spell :O

Also no Impale =x

I need at least 32 Points in assassin :P
    32 Sin

Soulwalker

Lightbulb Look at the assets pros, and cons, then say somethign relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrallz View Post
    You don't have the max Assasin spell :O

Also no Impale =x

I need at least 32 Points in assassin :P
    32 Sin
    1 Single Skill doesn't make a sin, if the sin can't even kill it's opponent in 1 go, and has to go running cowardly, that build there is all about max bursts and retreat, high attack value while coming out of stealth, highest defense retreat value, impale does nothing compared to this as it's low overtime damage, doesn't measly compare to what a single skill and attack can do.

+ Reply to Thread