+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro/lock/dom 10-19 warfront reveiw/guide

Default Necro/lock/dom 10-19 warfront reveiw/guide

Posted this in Beta forum, but not everyone can read that so here ya go:

Ok first things first, don't enter WFs if you are under level 15. You won't have fun (unless you get matched with a premade that babysit heals you) and you will think your class is underpowered and every other class is OP.

Next, as a PvP necro you should keep your Necro soul maxed and get soul purge the minute it becomes available. This (atleast in the 10-19 bracket) is your bread and butter spell. It heals you significantly AND heals your pet, and is channeled using charge not mana. IMO it is best to pickup the 5 points from the lock tree that increase your charge generation on each spell, this allows you to build charger faster for soul purge use. I also went with the Dom soul as #3 for the poly (which is situational at best in large scale PvP) and for the neural blast spell which is insta-cast, spammable, and a great way to build charge or finish off an opponent.

I also picked up grave rot, a click and drop AoE which builds Deathly Calling stacks. IMO this is a must have, Deathly Calling increases your pets damage and otherwise only builds off of plague bolt which is a long cast and if someone gets on you in melee range you need a fast way to get some DC stacks. Also I'm not a huge fan of plague bolt for PvP as you will see below.

So far I'm really enjoying the class, the pet does nice damage when you have necrosis and DC stacks up and you can heal yourself and the pet with soul purge when you get charge built up. IMO soul purge is really the only thing that keeps necros effective vs melee, and while it does heal nice don't expect it to out heal a good dps rogue or warrior if they are on top of you.

Some other things to note is that I use void bolt a lot from lock, it's like plague bolt but does more damage, and I plan to take the spec points to lower the cast time as I level. So a standard cycle in PvP would be drop a grave rot, send pet, toss necrosis and the warlock dot, throw a void bolt right and immediately into soul purge, then additional void bolt, soul purge, neural blast thing to finish em off.

Oh and the castable lifetap dot i find pretty useless, takes time to cast, doesn't do a lot of damage and doesn't return a lot of health even if you spec into it. I maxed out the essence link ability instead as it's insta cast and returns much more health. Between essence link and soul purge you have some effective self healing and for PvP where burst matters the lifetap dot isn't worth the cast time imo.

Oh and the insta-pet cast ability is a great ability, use it. I also keep my pet on passive and send him in to attack as needed so he's always on targets I'm focusing, otherwise he gets lost out there and dps is not great if you don't have deathly calling and necrosis on the target.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-11-2011 at 06:20 AM.

I played Necro /warlock too and i agree with you about what you said . I wanted to ask you if you spec for the death dmg debuff to return more health when pet is hitting is it worth it ?

And yes the void bolt fro m warlock is much better than necro bolt . so no need to put points in necro bolt dmg increaser .

The rotation that you said is good just apply the death dmg debuff at start followed by necrosis , warlock dot aoe skill and voidbolt and for burning some charge soul purge .

So i find Soul purge to be the only decent and cool skill that necro got and the only skill with good burst .

I took 80% of health from players only from death debuff followed by soul purge . It`s an amazing skill.

Necro / Warlock is a nice combination for sustained dps in instances and dungeons .
    Last edited by Spitefull; 01-11-2011 at 07:10 AM.

How much damage was your Necro AoE spell doing? The Warlock version at level 16 was doing 110 with 180+ crits every second. This was my bread and butter, since you could safely cast it without a Line of Sight.

I also liked the instant cast from Dom for chasing down people and kiting people with a jump/spin/blast move, similar to a hunter in WOW.

Ascendant

I found soul purge to be pretty op, playing against it that is. Reminds me of grip of death from AoC minus the cooldown.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 01-11-2011 at 08:25 AM.

About how much damage does Soul Purge do around level 25? Does it do damage per second?

This is the build I am thinking of going with for my first Role. I am thinking the combo of AoE damage with a good cleric tank, will make for some fast leveling. Grave Rot and Devouring Shadows for about 150 damage a second AoE at level 16, per creature.

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...2_717,1_718,5_

Quote Originally Posted by Spitefull View Post
    I played Necro /warlock too and i agree with you about what you said . I wanted to ask you if you spec for the death dmg debuff to return more health when pet is hitting is it worth it ?

And yes the void bolt fro m warlock is much better than necro bolt . so no need to put points in necro bolt dmg increaser .

The rotation that you said is good just apply the death dmg debuff at start followed by necrosis , warlock dot aoe skill and voidbolt and for burning some charge soul purge .

So i find Soul purge to be the only decent and cool skill that necro got and the only skill with good burst .

I took 80% of health from players only from death debuff followed by soul purge . It`s an amazing skill.

Necro / Warlock is a nice combination for sustained dps in instances and dungeons .
    I was still level 18 and had put points into the archmage pvp soul to mess around so i didn't have enough points to pick up the death dmg debuff, but I will be getting that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    How much damage was your Necro AoE spell doing? The Warlock version at level 16 was doing 110 with 180+ crits every second. This was my bread and butter, since you could safely cast it without a Line of Sight.

I also liked the instant cast from Dom for chasing down people and kiting people with a jump/spin/blast move, similar to a hunter in WOW.
    The necro AoE doesn't do a ton of damage I believe maybe 30-50 per tick? I was using it more for the deathly calling application, as it applies 1 stack per damage tick.

And yea the dom nueral prod skill is key, when i put points into the PvP soul I lost the Dom soul and was wishing I had some type of instant damage spell for when melee was on me or to chase someone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    About how much damage does Soul Purge do around level 25? Does it do damage per second?

This is the build I am thinking of going with for my first Role. I am thinking the combo of AoE damage with a good cleric tank, will make for some fast leveling. Grave Rot and Devouring Shadows for about 150 damage a second AoE at level 16, per creature.

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...2_717,1_718,5_
    That I'm not too sure, the spells so far seem to scale pretty well as long as you keep up to date with your trainer and there are more +dmg, +crit, etc abilities further up in both trees. It is a channeled spell that does damage per tick each second.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-11-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Necros in PVP = ignore pet, kill necro, both go down quickly, and move to the next target.

He's right. A simple Stun/Interrupt on soul purge = squishy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades-LotD View Post
    Necros in PVP = ignore pet, kill necro, both go down quickly, and move to the next target.
    Obviously, that's with any mage class, thanks for the great insight. dur de dur dur
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-11-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Dunno much about necros, but Warlock in Warfronts do amazing job (tho I have to admit they are not the best in 1vs1 pvps)

Dark Touch + Neddras Grasp + Radiate death = mass AoE frenzy... adding Devouring Shaddows & Morality (with Shadow Life) maked just insane damage. My personal record was 110k Damage Done if Black garden map & 20k heals... Screen is just filled with numbers.

But it's all just matter of ppl You ply with. No grouping enemy = no AoE dots = no fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mortias View Post

Dark Touch + Neddras Grasp + Radiate death = mass AoE frenzy... adding Devouring Shaddows & Morality (with Shadow Life) maked just insane damage. My personal record was 110k Damage Done if Black garden map & 20k heals... Screen is just filled with numbers.

So you were in the 20-29 battlegrounds? Because you don't get Morality for 10-19. Would be sick if you did though.

well, I joined both Warfronts and even as a 27 You could still join 10-19ones (dunno if it was bugged or what, tho everyone else in my team were 24+ anyway)

but serously, Necros & warlocks really suck in small scale pvp, and that's a fact. DoTs do ridicules damage compared to simple hit spaming. IMO mage souls (or rather DoTs) should get some boost or sth that will make them able to compete with Rouge and Warrior classes that just destroy single targets.

Soulwalker

The most annoying thing fighting a Necro... (was a healing cleric and a dps caster cleric in 10-19 bracket) and that skeleton pet was crazy annoying. I mean just could not get rid of them, and interestingly enough it was about 15-20 matches I did in WF and never saw a single elementalist pet. I would see the dots stack and that was annoying but never seemed detrimental. But man those skellies were soooo annoying >_< so GJ~! heh
    Last edited by Burnson; 01-12-2011 at 01:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread