+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Faction Limitations

Default Question on Faction Limitations

I thought I had originally read that not all souls would be available to both factions. Was this the original plan but now has been scrapped or is this just on hold for testing purposes of beta? Or was this never the case?

To be honest I can kind of see the point with some. I don't understand how the more "evil" souls like Warlocks and Necromancers are allowed within the Guardians or how the more "holy" souls like Paladins, Sentinels, and Justicars are serving with the Defiants since they want nothing to do with the Gods of the Vigil.

Wasn't Neddra banished from the Quicksilver College for studying the dark arts of the Warlock? I can't imagine why Cyril wouldn't put any Necromancer he came across to the sword.

Telaran

Scrapped for the horrific balance challenges that having souls limited per faction brings.

If you actually read into the soul story lines and the character descriptions, it explains quite well how Neddra and the necro person manage to use the dark magic of Regulos to fight him. As for the cleric classes, you might have a point on Inquisitor, but for the other souls its well established that the defiant still have a relationship with the gods, through its not the blind faith the guardians have.

Even if they didn't offer these explanations, this game would be total garbage due to how they would need to rebalance pvp and every single dungeon so that both factions can do it with their limited soul choices.

Trion made the right move imo.

I don't recall reading anywhere that classes wouldn't be on one side or another o.O but i don't make it a habit to read every thread either... as far as i know all classes are available to both sides.. unless they add dark healers to the game it'd be a little unbalanced i think =/

Quote Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
    I thought I had originally read that not all souls would be available to both factions. Was this the original plan but now has been scrapped or is this just on hold for testing purposes of beta? Or was this never the case?

To be honest I can kind of see the point with some. I don't understand how the more "evil" souls like Warlocks and Necromancers are allowed within the Guardians or how the more "holy" souls like Paladins, Sentinels, and Justicars are serving with the Defiants since they want nothing to do with the Gods of the Vigil.

Wasn't Neddra banished from the Quicksilver College for studying the dark arts of the Warlock? I can't imagine why Cyril wouldn't put any Necromancer he came across to the sword.
    I'm new to rifts but I found this the other day.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ar-(Class-List)

Thank you I knew I wasn't crazy and had seen that before. Seems like its a fair trade off one for one in each of the callings. Are we sure this is completely out or just on hold for beta testing?

+ Reply to Thread