+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pets?

Telaran

Default Pets?

Hi,

In Beta 4 I rolled a Warlock/Elementalist/Necromancer. I really enjoyed playing this class and found that using the necro skelli pet I was able to do more damange than using the elementalist rock pet.

But

I did find the rock pet being able to hold aggro a little more than the skelli pet so I have a couple questions for more experienced MMO players.

In this situation, would I be best to use the necro pet when grouping or doing rifts to up my dps and then when soloing use my elementalist pet to tank solo mobs for me?

Also what mage class would you say has the best tank pet?

Thanks

I didn't get to play Elementalist at all, however you do get a "tank" pet at around 12? points into the Necromancer tree. I can't remember the exact number, but it did hold aggro very well for me at least.

I don't think going two pet classes of your three possible souls is probably a great idea, however I haven't looked into Elementalist a lot yet so I could be wrong if they get a lot of extra pet increasing abilities and whatnot.

I'd suggest trying a bit deeper Necromancer build next beta and seeing which you prefer most.

Telaran

The problem is, there is a couple good damange spells with the elementalist. I was just playing around with a role builder app and just come across the tank pet with necromancer. I might need to look into that.

I am going round the bend trying to work out what I should do. I am now looking into a build for soloing and possibly a different one for grouping.

Telaran

I am now thinking about a Pyromance/Warlock/Necro build. Basically using the necro build to get the tank pet and working on Pyro and Warlock for DPS.

Pyromancer is best combined with Elementalist as they take benefit from one another by sharing fire damage skills and buffs.
    Same goes with Warlock and Necro. It not that effective to take Elementalist when your main is Warlock. Necro has a pretty decent tank pet. Though Elementalist has some powerfull dps skills like Biting Cold and Tempest this still is not that effective build
    Last edited by Pacifyer; 01-11-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Telaran

Im just trying to build the ultimate DPS mage

Rift Disciple

lvl 27... 27 pts Necro / 9 pts Warlock / 0 pts. domi

you get 3 pets when you have 27 points in the necro tree. first pet is a Damage melee pet.
    pet number 2 is a Tank pet
    and pet number 3 is a Caster Pet with some AoE,

the 3 pets are allmost like the Elementalist pets. but there is a huge difference.
    First of all, Necro and elementalist get an upgradet version of there pets with 21 point into the tree. with these upgrade your pets become really cool..

Elementalist tank pet got an AoE agro up to 5 enermies and a single target agro, necro pet got the same but in order for our AoE agro to work we need to affect the 5 enermies with deathly calling before they agro the Necro tank pet.

Elementalist Caster pet can AoE enermies and got 2 other nukes, Necro caster pet need us to affect the enermies with Necrosis before the AoE will hit other target but the one it is nukeing, it also got 2 other nukes.

Elementlist Damage pet is not that great, but this is where the Necro damage pet comes into play, if you skill your necro Rogue pet in the Skill tree, it will kill stuff. if the target the Necro Rogue pet attack, is affect with necrosis and Loomin demise and 5 stacks of Deathly calling he will make a crit hit every 3 sec for 400+ damage

but if you take a look at our pets and the Elementalist pets we as a necro class have to do 3 times the work in order for our pets to even work as good as the elementalists pets....

Telaran

Yea I have been looking at that. For me I am not keen on the extra work lol

Well I have played around with the Role Builder app and I am thinking about trying this out.

Pyromancer/Elementalist/Archon

Pyromancer and Elementalist seem to buff each other pretty well. So basically I have spent roughly 32 points in pyromancer, 28 in elementalist and 6 in Archon. Archon allows you to spend 5 points straight away increasing your fire damage %.

I am hoping to give this a try next beta. I know I will not be able to put max points in but I am hoping to get the basics of it on the go.

What do you think?

If you are planning on going with a pet build for sure. I would take Necro over Elementalist, purely for the fact that you get Feign Death. The ability to clear your agro completely will be invaluable if it works as good as it did in WOW as a hunter and EQ as a monk.

On top of that, you get a good heal as a necro for you and your pet that will keep you alive in PvP.

This is why I love the fact that we get 4 roles. You can go Necro/warlock in one, and Elemental/pyro in another. Such an awesome feature.
    Last edited by Albane; 01-11-2011 at 09:34 AM.

pyro/elementalist/archon is a great combination, the extra buffs and +fire talents from archon are a good fit for 3rd soul. that elementalist water pet seems like it would be a beast for pvp, its dmg spell does more than our caster pets main dmg spell, plus it AoE roots, slows and silences. Nice utility! That greater earth pet looks like a beast too, way more imposing than our greater tank pet, he looks weaker than the lvl 12 one =/ Zealot is indeed a slashing machine though, he carves stuff up nicely.

+ Reply to Thread