+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIDEO: Mage - Chloromancer/Stormcaller/Dominator

Thumbs up VIDEO: Mage - Chloromancer/Stormcaller/Dominator

I've just fnished uploading my latest video. It's my chloromancer support mage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHSjPvoqMIM

My class can provide support by:
    • Giving the party strong AoE heals, which allows the 'MT Healer' to focus on keeping the MT (Main Tank) alive.
    • Giving my party my PBAoE 'Recharge' buff, which significantly increases their mana, power & energy regen while active (it looks like electricity come from my char's feet).
    • Crowd-controlling mobs with my mezz (aka 'squirrel polymorph') for 30 seconds, which makes difficult mobs & boss fights easier.

On top of this, my class does 'medium' DPS at the same time as healing.

Take a look, and let me know what you think!

Oh, and let me know what you think of the video & sound quality also -- I used a new codec this time around!

Awesome video, probably one of the better ones I've seen so far. I've been wanting to try out Chloromancer some so I like to see it in action.

Thanks -- I do I try to make sure my vids are of a decent quality and don't contain hideous music

Nice vid helps give a better perspective on the Chloromancer role.

Nice. Got a few questions:

- Could you comment on the point distribution of your build? It seemed like Vile Spores spam, which was a little bit disappointing. I thought the damage part for a Chloro comes from another soul, Pyro for example

- Name of song please

- Your scrolling combat text displays the icon of the spell in front of the number. I only played beta for two days to lvl 14. Is there an option to turn on the icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Scintilla View Post
    Nice. Got a few questions:

- Could you comment on the point distribution of your build? It seemed like Vile Spores spam, which was a little bit disappointing. I thought the damage part for a Chloro comes from another soul, Pyro for example

- Name of song please

- Your scrolling combat text displays the icon of the spell in front of the number. I only played beta for two days to lvl 14. Is there an option to turn on the icons?
    Yup, you just go to settings, then interface, then combat text I believe the category is called. There you can tick boxes that will enable things like the name of spells, icons of spells and abbreviation of spell names. I love how perfect the UI is for this game from the start, and how you can tweak it to your preferences. No need for UI addons here!

Ascendant

Why Stormcaller over Archon? My favorite PvP setup so far has been about equal Chloro/Archon and 2 in dom. Or full dom +instant chloro heal w/ 2 point archon for self stat buffs + 200 armor buff, second spec almost entirely for tearing down enemy clerics while being a hard target to focus.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 01-11-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Why Stormcaller over Archon? My favorite PvP setup so far has been about equal Chloro/Archon and 2 in dom. Or full dom +instant chloro heal w/ 2 point archon for self stat buffs + 200 armor buff, second spec almost entirely for tearing down enemy clerics while being a hard target to focus.

Because of the "Recharge" ability which feeds the entire party mana and energy. That is way more useful than an armor buff and an endurance buff IMO. Not to say I don't love Archons. I just think they need some point investment to shine, whereas you can get the basic Recharge ability from Stormcaller for 6 points, and the upgraded version for 12. (If memory serves)
    Last edited by Sinistrad; 01-11-2011 at 04:34 AM.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrad View Post
    Because of the "Recharge" ability which feeds the entire party mana and energy. That is way more useful than an armor buff and an endurance buff IMO. Not to say I don't love Archons. I just think they need some point investment to shine, whereas you can get the basic Recharge ability from Stormcaller for 6 points, and the upgraded version for 12. (If memory serves)
    Ah, never really looked into it. You can still get a 15 stat(int/wis/dex/str) buff as archon. 4 minute duration, or 5 if it rounds down off your main nuke with only 2 points in it. I think 6 points is your first team buff? or was it 8. Either way I love archon and feel it meshes nicely with the 25% int buff off chloro nuke.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 01-11-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Did you level in this build or just for groups. I am really interested in the Chloro mage but I want to play it from the ground up if possible. Nice vid btw

Telaran

Hows the DPS for a Chloro.. I want to be mainly DPS but the healing aspect for the mage is very interesting to me. Is it straight heals or do they have to use damage spells to get people healed?

+ Reply to Thread