+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid: Strength of the Fae (level 51 root skill)

CPK

Default Druid: Strength of the Fae (level 51 root skill)

I know that beta has not allowed us to actually test this skill out yet, but looking at the skill description, Strength of the Fae increases all melee damage dealt by 50% and reduces all damage taken by 50%. It specifies no duration or cooldown, and only says that it requires an active pet. Is it just me, or does this seem to be way too powerful for a perma-buff?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by CPK View Post
    I know that beta has not allowed us to actually test this skill out yet, but looking at the skill description, Strength of the Fae increases all melee damage dealt by 50% and reduces all damage taken by 50%. It specifies no duration or cooldown, and only says that it requires an active pet. Is it just me, or does this seem to be way too powerful for a perma-buff?
    Looks like an unfinished skill. I bet it will have like 15 sec. duration and some healthy cooldown.

Based on Soul Planner, there a 3 minutes cooldown, it's not perma.

Lvl51 roots should be powerful, most of the time you will invest in less desirable skills in order to get there. You can't afford to get top of tree skill from any other souls, often good skills.

CPK

3 minute cd, but what's the duration?

Soulwalker

CPK - I was looking at this exact same thing while planning out my cleric.

From everything that I've read so far, it seems as though any buff that has a duration lists how long it will last. If there is no duration listed, then I am leaning toward thinking that this is a perma-buff as long as the condition is met that the pet is alive. This will make the Druid a beast in PvE. In PvP, it depends on how fragile the pet is.....if it is taken out quickly, the Druid looses the buff.

I do agree that this sounds as though the Druid will be OP, and I'm curious as to how this will work out. Not being able to advance to end-game in beta, I can only speculate as to how the classes balance out.

CPK

Yeah but if it is indeed a perma-buff, you could get the Heed the Call ability which reduces pet summon casting time down to 2 seconds. This would make it easy to just re-summon your pet if it got killed. Combined with a Satyr pet, I doubt that keeping a pet up would be too much of an issue.

+ Reply to Thread