+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Don't Rogues kinda need a buff?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default Don't Rogues kinda need a buff?

    In the current state of raiding and PvP, the only reason to have a Rogue in your group is a bard. And in PvP you could probably allow a marksman in if he paid you a couple plat.
    ~Quiescent

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    This world is ruled by Warriors and supported by clerics. There is no room for the lowly rogue.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Well in PvP we have 3 roles, that's it.

    Bard buffs and healing.
    Riftstalkers running flags and what not.
    Marksmans can spam eradicate...But that's basically it.

    A rank 8 rogue can single out healers, but they have to be like at least 3 ranks lower.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    No! Rogues are OP! They slip away everytime people try to do a finisher on them. "Get over her and die, you coward!". And what about those rogues dont have slip away? "Oh! Free prestige! Omnomnom!"

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default

    I would really like to see them modified a bit to turn them into the classic rogue assassin type of thing..

    Being able to pick out a specific target and givin tools to take out the tough ones. Like a debuff that does damage to his target every time they heal themselves. Or maybe even something to remove hots from a target.

    Not sure what to do with them for pve but i do agree they need something. I dont think a pure damage buff is the answer though. Maybe some sort of a debuff that helps improve the damage others do to the target. A armor debuff that stacks with other armor debuffs from other classes and maybe a sort of a magic defense debuff.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    PvE is that simple - a flat buff to ranged rogues, a rework of deadly dance and then a flat buff to melee rogues.

    PvP - well damage on ranged needs to go up - perhaps put some abilities on non physial damage to help with the ridivulous levels of mitigation a rogue has to face.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Arcshayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    PvE is that simple - a flat buff to ranged rogues, a rework of deadly dance and then a flat buff to melee rogues.

    PvP - well damage on ranged needs to go up - perhaps put some abilities on non physial damage to help with the ridivulous levels of mitigation a rogue has to face.
    AP scaling is no match for valor/armor mitigation at higher ranks.
    Shayde@Seastone

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default

    a flat buff to damage is not the answer. it just leads to that class being overpowered then getting nerfed into the ground. Have to give them some sort of utility or target specific things to make them win vs the targets they should win against without making them a absurd killing machine while still keeping escapes like slip away.

    Flat buff of damage would just mean one thing one month later it would be nerfed down lower then ever. then mages will cry more about how op they are still untill it gets nerfed again. then they buff mages more and nerf everyone else then buff mages some more. then its like warhammer all over again where mages are gods and 90% of the population quits before its fixed.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Deadskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I think a set of elemental buffs to the marksman / ranger class would help a bit. How about fire damage flame arrows, or as others have said countless times, make all bow skills air based damage. Physical damage is mitigated so bad at this point that the rogue is pretty gimped at the moment. But the buff/nerf cycle will eventually make its way to the rogue again...

  10. #10
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    a flat buff to damage is not the answer. it just leads to that class being overpowered then getting nerfed into the ground. Have to give them some sort of utility or target specific things to make them win vs the targets they should win against without making them a absurd killing machine while still keeping escapes like slip away.

    Flat buff of damage would just mean one thing one month later it would be nerfed down lower then ever. then mages will cry more about how op they are still untill it gets nerfed again. then they buff mages more and nerf everyone else then buff mages some more. then its like warhammer all over again where mages are gods and 90% of the population quits before its fixed.
    While I agree that we need a buff, I don't agree that mages are THAT bad. Of course, once they hit P8 and run Chloro/lock my daggers bend against their cloth.
    ~Quiescent

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    A debuff is a kind of buff..

    And rogues are fine as it is. Some are down right nasty when they load you up with bleeds etc.. Sure they wont beat a healer that's designed to not be killed.. But against most classes in solo open world pvp (non duels) they can be downright deadly and their invisibility & survivability if specced right is downright unfair and without comparison in the other callings...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    A debuff is a kind of buff..

    And rogues are fine as it is. Some are down right nasty when they load you up with bleeds etc.. Sure they wont beat a healer that's designed to not be killed.. But against most classes in solo open world pvp (non duels) they can be downright deadly and their invisibility & survivability if specced right is downright unfair and without comparison in the other callings...
    No, rogues are not fine. Even if melee rogues could have 100% uptime on their target like riftwalking warriors do they still do about half the damage and lack the utility and survivability warriors have. They bring nothing to the table over a warrior, marksmen bring only purge over mages. Bards are the only good spec they have.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Sorreah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    A debuff is a kind of buff..

    And rogues are fine as it is. Some are down right nasty when they load you up with bleeds etc.. Sure they wont beat a healer that's designed to not be killed.. But against most classes in solo open world pvp (non duels) they can be downright deadly and their invisibility & survivability if specced right is downright unfair and without comparison in the other callings...
    Some one is not 50, low rank, or just has the downs.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmReRlHLSc

    I dunno...Suchell seems to do just fine as Marksman. (No that isn't my character by the way; just a random rogue pvp video I happened to come across yesterday.)

    There's also plenty of videos out there of 51 Sin / 15 Inf wrecking people.

    Let's not forget about Dunsparrow, Skyline, Slic and maybe Blays?. There are so many amazing rogue pvpers out there, most of which post on these very forums! They often provide tips and tricks on how to beat various soul combinations and provide very strong pvp specs.

    Any well-played rogue will do just in pvp. It's hard to believe that the entire Rogue calling is in need of a buff at this time. They do the highest sustained dps in PvE right now and have a good number of pvp specs.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Holy Terror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    249

    Default

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3052832

    Just my 2 cents. I thought it worth it's own thread.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts