Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloromancer/Warlock/Dominator (best support heal/cc in the game)

Default Chloromancer/Warlock/Dominator (best support heal/cc in the game)

It's not really the best but I'm definitely going to try to urge players looking to do just what it does. It's damage (nothing amazing) with support heals and CC for flavor. (PVE SPEC)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...oul3_talants=0
    There we go, OKAY so some of the talents here are a little funky (not what you see ingame)

13/23/0

I had to grab the imp voidbolt (don't need to because lingering pain is actually a 5 point talent)

Everything is the same after that. questions, comments maybe even suggestions.

Sheep, fear (CC)

heals from damage, 2 instant heals, and 1 cast heal

chance to proc free instant cast spell

canni/lifetap ability

group buff ability (stamina) and MT buff ability (increased healing from you)

Spec was very fun and I felt like I was doing my role moreso than any other spec/class i've played. Check it out next beta.

Full talents at 50
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...5_215,1_216,5_

I can see this being one MEAN spec in raids/groups for support heals/cc/buffs. it essentially has everything you'd want from a support class.

**editted** Found a website that has a nice tree
    Last edited by Mucro; 01-11-2011 at 10:21 AM.

bump so this can get recognized

Shadowlander

Sounds nice. SInce I'm going to always be in a group with 2 of my friends, and one will be a highly focused DPS ranger, I'm not all that ocncerned about damage.

my primary class combination I want to work with is Chloromancer/Archon/Dominator for straight up CC and support.

I really like the Archon's debuff/buff spells a lot, it's the class I like the best, and I think the other support abilities of chloromancer and dominator all work really well together to boost a group. It's been surprisingly effective for me in solo play already, but only against one monster at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Amharic View Post
    Sounds nice. SInce I'm going to always be in a group with 2 of my friends, and one will be a highly focused DPS ranger, I'm not all that ocncerned about damage.

my primary class combination I want to work with is Chloromancer/Archon/Dominator for straight up CC and support.

I really like the Archon's debuff/buff spells a lot, it's the class I like the best, and I think the other support abilities of chloromancer and dominator all work really well together to boost a group. It's been surprisingly effective for me in solo play already, but only against one monster at a time.
    Originally I had gone lock/chloro/archon and realized I didn't enjoy the archon class but to me pyro seems best suited to be matched with archon (both seem to be fire based)

I guess dominator or elementalist?

Rift Master

tha'ts more or less the build I used this whole beta for pvp and dungeons, really effective.
    as 0 points souls can be changed anytime without needing to reskill, you can switch between domi for the mez and archon for a little more oomph (even with 0 points once the two stacks are at lvl 5 you get 20 more points in -every- stat, not shabby) as situations require.

Banned

Remember when building souls you really gotta only take 2 for pvp cos that PvP soul is a must have, cc breaks, detaunts, damage reduction or increase, trying to pvp without these at end game will not work in your favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdii View Post
    Remember when building souls you really gotta only take 2 for pvp cos that PvP soul is a must have, cc breaks, detaunts, damage reduction or increase, trying to pvp without these at end game will not work in your favour.
    FALSE

no one said you needed to have a pvp soul EVER in rift. it's note even effective if you're trying to do a raided instance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    FALSE

no one said you needed to have a pvp soul EVER in rift. it's note even effective if you're trying to do a raided instance.
    Raided instance as in PvE? Why would you need a PvP soul in that? I never said such a thing.

And for PvP if you don't understand why you would need to use the soul then maybe you should go look at what your PvP soul tree offers and what it offers other classes and the skills and %bonus stats it offers will far outweigh any 3rd soul.

Raided instance as in PvE? Why would you need a PvP soul in that? I never said such a thing.

And for PvP if you don't understand why you would need to use the soul then maybe you should go look at what your PvP soul tree offers and what it offers other classes and the skills and %bonus stats it offers will far outweigh any 3rd soul.
    I know what the tree does I don't know why you're mentioning PvP when this is strictly a leveling/group/raid support heal/cc spec

Banned

I know what the tree does I don't know why you're mentioning PvP when this is strictly a leveling/group/raid support heal/cc spec
    "Raids/groups" is what you said above and I see groups as meaning both PvE and PvP, you didn't strictly mention one or the other so I put my 2 cents in, look above at your 1st post, you didn't mention "PvE only" at all.

Can your cleanses/heals as a Chloromancer be used on yourself? It says it's on an "ally" so I wasn't sure if that was usable on self or not and didn't get time to test it out.

"Raids/groups" is what you said above and I see groups as meaning both PvE and PvP, you didn't strictly mention one or the other so I put my 2 cents in, look above at your 1st post, you didn't mention "PvE only" at all.
    if it doesn't have a pvp tree in it it's obviously not a pvp spec. Regardless i ran this in a warfront and still came ou as top damage/healing. Stupid I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Socio View Post
    Can your cleanses/heals as a Chloromancer be used on yourself? It says it's on an "ally" so I wasn't sure if that was usable on self or not and didn't get time to test it out.
    yes they can

Banned

if it doesn't have a pvp tree in it it's obviously not a pvp spec. Regardless i ran this in a warfront and still came ou as top damage/healing. Stupid I know.
    At this stage of the game PvP souls don't offer much at all and I wouldn't even run 1 for the betas.

And tbh I've seen plenty of people trying to talk about using 3 class souls for PvP so who knows what people mean when they create a class.

At this stage of the game PvP souls don't offer much at all and I wouldn't even run 1 for the betas.

And tbh I've seen plenty of people trying to talk about using 3 class souls for PvP so who knows what people mean when they create a class.
    agreed, and i think archon, pyromancer, archmage would be best TBH

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast