+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Healers Healer (High survive group cleric - built with great care)

Telaran

Default A Healers Healer (High survive group cleric - built with great care)

This will be the FIRST build I work on and maximize. Keep in mind, I'm a healer at heart and have been for near 17 years of MMOs, this build reflects that and there are DETAILED reasons for every single skill in this build and how it relates to all other skills.

Looking forward to hearing opinions and feedback on anything you feel is lacking in this build, im wide open to advice!

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...00005033005000

Some KEY aspects to this build:

1) Justicar - what can I say? My fav class of all time was the Friar of DAOC and this is a near carbon copy - my Justi line is not based around tanking or dps but rather healing INBETWEEN the purifier and wardens heals as well as giving me VERY high survivability should I draw aggro especially if the MT is to go down and we need to adjust on the fly at which point the healer usually picks up the tanks aggro. With this Justicar build I should be able to survive long enough to recover and the group back on their feet.

2) Justicars top line ability Absolution... in combat rez with a 100% heal... mmmmm....

3) Wardens AoEs and HoTs are the best in the game hands down and can relieve a lot of pressure off the group. The build I have here also does two important things: has a self heal on hit and a preemptive and reactive fire and forget heal for a single target that will fire off three times when the target takes damage. Finally in the warden line an effect spell that causes my next heal spell to heal for + 50% more this is huge when paired with some of the Purifiers single target heal bombs and the Wardens big group HoTs.

4) Pruifier is the main tanks dream! I went back and forth on which class to build along side the Justi and Ward but settled on the Purifier simply for the self and group wards/damage absorbs and the fact that with even a few points placed you wind up with two huge single target heals

5) Purifier with just 10 points in gets a rez, coupled with the above Justicar rez you have it covered!

6) Physical debuff removals via Purifier.

7) Nice endurance buff useable on anyone via Purifier

Some of the at-glance-neatives:

1) Low dps, really low...

2) Not much in the way of FAST cast heals which will hurt in PvP where fast cast is king (just have to think preemptively here!)

3) While taking the Justi all the way to the top of his tree you are still neglecting some of his key tankish abilities with what I have chosen here

4) This build has little in the way of CC or debuff removal especially snares and roots

5) The single weakest point of all... this build will eat mana like my mother-in-law eats souls...

I'm sure with live well be seeing all sorts of changes but regardless this will be the build I initially strive for out the gate!
    Last edited by triton900; 01-10-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Telaran

And for those of you who prefer an even MORE focused build:

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...3105500:warden.

Meh... the copy and paste of the URL keeps leaving out 1-2 points? <shrugs>
    Last edited by triton900; 01-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triton900 View Post
    And for those of you who prefer an even MORE focused build:

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...3105500:warden.

Meh... the copy and paste of the URL keeps leaving out 1-2 points? <shrugs>
    Why not go for Sentinel instead of Warden for third soul, I believe you get an instant heal with 0 points?
    Last edited by Keridwan; 01-11-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Femmes Fatales - The Art of the Feminine in the Power of MMOs

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Keridwan View Post
    Why not go for Sentinel instead of Warden for third soul, I believe you get an instant heal with 0 points?
    Simply becasue I like to initiate a pull with a HoT and the Purifier and Justi have a insta heals of their own already but really for a third 0 point soul anything will work.

Rift Disciple

How would you look at L27? I am wondering if you got a chance to try this first couple of instances. Particularly I am wondering how negative 2 not much fast healing pans out. Some bosses hit like trucks in PVE and you really need to focus heal the tank at quite a rate, or so I have found.

Soulwalker

triton900, can i ask u something?
    i just checked your build and i wanna ask what exactly do expect to do with that build?
    i dont know that much about this game yet, but i doubt there will be equip with heal/tank stats together... so would u wear tanking equip? if yes, then how efficiently do you expect to heal, theres no chance boss would attack you if tank dies, pure healers will have much higher aggro then u... and if u wear healing equip, how many chances do u think u will have against boss if your MT died? i have experience with endgame healing only in one game, and if MT died and offtank didnt aggro boss fast enough to not let him get into raid, it was easier to wipe and try again... btw if MT dies its usually because healers dont heal enough which means there are needed more pure healers, or tank sucks so another tank should go, or dps is low and healers went oom which means more dps is needed... imo, all those armor talents are useless for raiding
    if u consider this to be more pvp oriented build then i would ask you about your facts
    can u help dps?
    how many heals do u think enemy will let u cast?
    2) Not much in the way of FAST cast heals which will hurt in PvP where fast cast is king (just have to think preemptively here!)
    and what would u do, if your mates are CCed, considering point 1) and 2) and
    4) This build has little in the way of CC or debuff removal especially snares and roots

but again, i have experience only from 1 end game raiding/pvp and if u could offtank bosses and be good healer at the same time, forums would be filled with "cleric is OP, needs nerf" threads
    and sorry for my baaaad english

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kanguss View Post
    triton900, can i ask u something?
    i just checked your build and i wanna ask what exactly do expect to do with that build?
    i dont know that much about this game yet, but i doubt there will be equip with heal/tank stats together... so would u wear tanking equip? if yes, then how efficiently do you expect to heal, theres no chance boss would attack you if tank dies, pure healers will have much higher aggro then u... and if u wear healing equip, how many chances do u think u will have against boss if your MT died? i have experience with endgame healing only in one game, and if MT died and offtank didnt aggro boss fast enough to not let him get into raid, it was easier to wipe and try again... btw if MT dies its usually because healers dont heal enough which means there are needed more pure healers, or tank sucks so another tank should go, or dps is low and healers went oom which means more dps is needed... imo, all those armor talents are useless for raiding
    if u consider this to be more pvp oriented build then i would ask you about your facts
    can u help dps?
    how many heals do u think enemy will let u cast?
    and what would u do, if your mates are CCed, considering point 1) and 2) and

but again, i have experience only from 1 end game raiding/pvp and if u could offtank bosses and be good healer at the same time, forums would be filled with "cleric is OP, needs nerf" threads
    and sorry for my baaaad english
    Howdy mate! Some great concerns and great questions - first and foremost...THIS is a beta and all subject to change!
    2nd - I have played nothing but healers in raid/group oriented guilds for near 17 years now.

To best answer some of your questions:

1) In a raid situation there are WAY too many variables but a recuring event is loosing the MT, some mobs get picked up by 2nd tank/off tanks and the rest of the raid depending. Some mobs rush the healer - my goal is to stay alive holding THAT aggro until a) tank is combat rezed and back in action b) 2nd tank/off tank pulls from me/other healer or c) we die! = )

2) Equipemnt: There is a solid mix of gear with wisdom/int and end on it but I will be mainly gearing for wisdom and int as a healer without power is a dead healer, morale and armor is secondary to us

3) I have no goals of tanking, or dpsing im here for support and survivability this is why my Justicar line has few if any points in the dps and threat generation aspects

4) In terms of CC? Well I would do nothing, not my area to CC nor my area to remove such

5) While not having that many fast cast abilities the Justi does have the use of Doctrines that ARE insta cast heals so long as you have convictions built up and in my exp convictions were EASILY maintained

In the end NO one can be an end all build the best you can do is build what fits your syle, think a bit outside the box and play your heart out.... and in my case... having played with the same people for 6+ years helps out a bit as well = )

Finally Im not tring to be a end all be all healer/tank/groupsupport/off tank/off dps and remember, we can have multiple builds at any given time i.e. pvp build, pve build, raid build, solo build, duo build etc...

Thank you for the feed back!

Soulwalker

great stuff good job right o ..i changed my post cuz im mean
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 01-11-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    you mainly focus into Warden, take puri and sentinel.

puri gives you an absorb shield with no points plus some added wis. sentinel has a great instant heal with no points in.

warden is just plain awesome for heals orbs that heal on damage, stacking HOTs,(up to 6 as one instant stacks 4 times and you have another instant and one with a cast time) xfering them to group with Ripple , raid/group heals, a big heal with more heal added depending on HOTs (this goes back to the stacking HOTs so you get a huge heal).perfect for healing a tank). throw in a great instant knockback to throw off an sttacker from you, a root/snare break. , a debuff removal, and a silence dot.

I only got to 23 and had a blast with this build.

i wouldn't waste a bunch of points into a class with hardly much healing for one battle rez. if you were strictly healing. the only reason you would even be that high in justicar is if you were a tank.i

Did you get a chance to run one of the instances? While its beta and much has yet to be scene we were all surprised with how hard the bosses and even just mobs were hitting, I initially was in my warden testing phase at level 22 and was full spec warden with sent and justi at the time... the wardens HoTs could in NO way keep up with the burst damage of the bosses... 1 hit = 40-70% of our tanks health...the second hit was bypassing the heals ticing off of him like no tomrrow. This called for group support and fast healing WITH preemptive HoTs running. Respecing to Justi, Puri, Ward did the trick and we made it to the 2nd boss before the servers went down as seen here: http://shadowcompany.guildportal.com...opicID=9452728

I need to do A LOT more testing but a pure warden spec WAS not (from the little Ive seen) capable of dealing with the insta mega dps output of group content bosses. Yes I will agree, a pure healer would not take Justi very far but my OP was not about being a PURE cookie cutter healer.

Soulwalker

Doesn't Justicar get 2 instant, no-cooldown heals (one for single target and another for group) that use Conviction?

Nice build, but I thought that a lot of the Justicars healing was done by the % of thier damage done so if you have low DPS you are missing out on a good amount of healing?

Soulwalker

Did you get a chance to run one of the instances? While its beta and much has yet to be scene we were all surprised with how hard the bosses and even just mobs were hitting, I initially was in my warden testing phase at level 22 and was full spec warden with sent and justi at the time... the wardens HoTs could in NO way keep up with the burst damage of the bosses... 1 hit = 40-70% of our tanks health...the second hit was bypassing the heals ticing off of him like no tomrrow. This called for group support and fast healing WITH preemptive HoTs running. Respecing to Justi, Puri, Ward did the trick and we made it to the 2nd boss before the servers went down as seen here: http://shadowcompany.guildportal.com...opicID=9452728

I need to do A LOT more testing but a pure warden spec WAS not (from the little Ive seen) capable of dealing with the insta mega dps output of group content bosses. Yes I will agree, a pure healer would not take Justi very far but my OP was not about being a PURE cookie cutter healer.

Warden stacks 6 HOTs and then you throw on a heal that adds to the heal dependant on the HOTs active. meaning a big heal. with also orbs that heal on damage, plus you can get that from puri and use an instant from sentinel.

i don't see warden failing

I went a different route with my "healers healer"..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif..._3715,2_3716,5

I like the Sent's group heals thinking I will be healing a lot in PVP as well.. I agree that the Purifier is best for single target heals..so this may bite me in the arse with raids/instances.. so maybe I'll have to have a second healer build for tanks.. but we'll see.

Tell me what you think of this one..

Quote Originally Posted by nikamax View Post
    I went a different route with my "healers healer"..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif..._3715,2_3716,5

I like the Sent's group heals thinking I will be healing a lot in PVP as well.. I agree that the Purifier is best for single target heals..so this may bite me in the arse with raids/instances.. so maybe I'll have to have a second healer build for tanks.. but we'll see.

Tell me what you think of this one..
    I like it, and it was very similar to one I was working on (http://bit.ly/dLPCzY) except I chose Inquisitor. I wanted the Armor of Devotion for the 3% crit on Life spells. I also was concerned I would suck solo so I wanted enhancements in dmg. Overall, I wanted to avoid melee and stay caster.
    I poked around Purifier as you have, but having almost the same rez spell bugged me. I too plan on pvp/pve healing which is what I've always done. I was glad to read (in recent patch notes) that devs reworked the rifts to ensure that healing received as much credit as a dpser.
    I would love constructive input. This isn't close to what I had rolled in prev beta....I really really wanted the AoE of a cabalist, but would be difficult to be effective and still be a healer. It looks like I may end up with a second spec for 30g.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
    I like it, and it was very similar to one I was working on (http://bit.ly/dLPCzY) except I chose Inquisitor. I wanted the Armor of Devotion for the 3% crit on Life spells. I also was concerned I would suck solo so I wanted enhancements in dmg. Overall, I wanted to avoid melee and stay caster.
    I poked around Purifier as you have, but having almost the same rez spell bugged me. I too plan on pvp/pve healing which is what I've always done. I was glad to read (in recent patch notes) that devs reworked the rifts to ensure that healing received as much credit as a dpser.
    I would love constructive input. This isn't close to what I had rolled in prev beta....I really really wanted the AoE of a cabalist, but would be difficult to be effective and still be a healer. It looks like I may end up with a second spec for 30g.
    It sounds like you and I are in the same boat/thought process.. I too went Cab in the last beta and I have points in Purif as well.. I can't recall what the exact build looks like.. but I was doing OK in warfronts healing and dpsing. I imagine though ..once I get higher in level my heals won't keep up.. unless I put more points in..

SO.. here is what my plans are (as of today) for release.. have two builds (yes..dump the cash as you suggest).
    I will use the build you read in my last post.. but I will use THIS build (or something like it) for DPS.. check it out and see what you think

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...oul3_talants=0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast