+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lingerin Wounds etc.

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Citnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default Lingerin Wounds etc.

    It is really really annoying and unbalanced to have lingerin wounds or the one from a mm or rogue up ALL THE TIME! Not cleanseable and applying on like EVERY hit, and ofc, AoE lingerin wounds aswell This is rly OP stuff, compared to a mage who got a CD on a cleansable heal reduction spell...
    Therefore i suggest!
    • One spell on CD which applies a Healing Debuff on ONE target. PvP doesnt make fun with chain healing through a healing debuff which isnt cleansable.

    I hope, im not the only one with this oppinion
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Hi Cit

    Just so you know the rogue ones are cleansable

    I also take issue with the fact that warriors ones aren't and all heal debuffs (fel blades included shouldn't be a chance. They should be single target, on cooldown and non cleansable (think mortal strike in WoW). They are something to be used tactically, not spammed around like a donkey's...

    Vanth
    Last edited by Vanthel; 08-23-2011 at 04:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Citnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Oh hi vanth The Mortal Strike ability was balanced compared to this stuff in here...
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthel View Post
    Hi Cit

    Just so you know the rogue ones are cleansable

    I also take issue with the fact that warriors ones aren't and all heal debuffs (fel blades included shouldn't be a chance. They should be single target, on cooldown and non cleansable (think mortal strike in WoW). They are something to be used tactically, not spammed around like a donkey's...

    Vanth
    I disagree, Heal debuffs need to be made cleansable to be balanced, However, a short few need to be placed extremely high up in trees, have a medium duration. Say 8 seconds, And be uncleansable.

    That is the only way you can balance uncleansable heal debuffs.

    With appropriate Cds ofcourse.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    I promise you that if you manage to whine away lingering wounds nothing will ever die in pvp.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    I promise you that if you manage to whine away lingering wounds nothing will ever die in pvp.
    100% agree. If Lingering Wounds is removed from the equation, a good amount of Warriors will roll Subdue (capable of giving out -60% damage to multiple enemies for 15 seconds) and we will have a lot of very low score/KB wfs ;)

  7. #7
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    ALL heal debuffs should be cleansable. No exceptions.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Citnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    so, u want to have the warriors in their state as THE MONSTER CARRIER, the nightmare of ALL healers?
    I didnt say i want to REMOVE lingerin wounds, i said, it needs a rebalance! A Spell which is needed to use, for applying lingerin wounds!
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    As a healer, I haaaaaaaaaate linger woulds...the fact that it can be applied so easily, to multiple targets and not be removed is just absurd. Since I play a healer(a defensive class) I want the ability to cut multiple enemies damage in half.

    If any offensive class can cut healing in half, why shouldnt a defensive class be able to cut damage in half? Detaunt is far to limiting compared to lingering wounds.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moxen View Post
    100% agree. If Lingering Wounds is removed from the equation, a good amount of Warriors will roll Subdue (capable of giving out -60% damage to multiple enemies for 15 seconds) and we will have a lot of very low score/KB wfs ;)
    Casters have several heal debuffs they can spec for. It's a given for dominator. Also, warriors have been speccing more mana drain recently.

    Stuff will die just fine.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asynchritus View Post
    Casters have several heal debuffs they can spec for. It's a given for dominator. Also, warriors have been speccing more mana drain recently.

    Stuff will die just fine.
    Mana drains suck,Guess why Clerics complained about it.Lingering Wounds has been around from the beginning.Only till Paragon become a effective build vast majority join the movement the OP linger wounds arguement

    Lingering wounds is one of the main tools for dealing clerics,You can't change without make a change to help warriors effect kill things

    It is like players don't want warriors to kill stuff especially clerics

    They nerf burst(champs,Paragons,Riftblades)

    They nerf mana drain(Void Knights)

    Clerics want them to nerf Linger wounds.What warriors aren't suppose to have any tools to kill clerics?Is Lingering Wounds OP for amount points need to get it? Maybe.The fact that can AOE it a little strong? Maybe.Is Lingering Wounds the best tool controlling clerics right now?yes

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Kruunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citnes View Post
    It is really really annoying and unbalanced to have lingerin wounds or the one from a mm or rogue up ALL THE TIME! Not cleanseable and applying on like EVERY hit, and ofc, AoE lingerin wounds aswell This is rly OP stuff, compared to a mage who got a CD on a cleansable heal reduction spell...
    Therefore i suggest!
    • One spell on CD which applies a Healing Debuff on ONE target. PvP doesnt make fun with chain healing through a healing debuff which isnt cleansable.

    I hope, im not the only one with this oppinion
    I don't think it should be cleansible but I do agree that Lingering Wounds shouldn't be applied by AOE abilities.

    I also think the debuff time on Lingering Wounds should be shortened from 15 seconds to 5 seconds and the talent ramped up by level (i.e. 2/2 Lingering Wounds applies 1% healing debuff per level of Warrior). This would make Lingering Wounds not so over powered for pre-50 WFs while at the same time keeping it in full force at the Prestige Rank level where it is vital to balance the current healing in the game.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 08-23-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    Status: Dipping My Toe Back In

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Riftrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    What you have to realize is it is required in its current form or the Warrior can not function.

    Let me explain:

    Assume P8

    The Warrior has to decide either DPS or tank.

    LW is DPS.

    Now that he decided DPS he needs to decide what suites her play style and fun factor, more glass cannon type or more mitigation type.

    The glass cannon has more melee or range focused.

    The melee by default get LW and its needed as they..have no ranged or very weak ranged.

    The ranged DO NOT HAVE LW because they burst enough to do compensate for not having it.

    What all this saying is if LW gets changed Warrior burst would need to be raised to the point people wil get blown up so fast it would not be fun...

    Rogue Fel Blade also has immunities, cleanses and Anathema. It has loads of tricks and other abulities that make up for it.

    Remove or cahnge LW. fine but you will get a 2h Champion that has the mitigation OF A RAID TANK!

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I don't think it should be cleansible but I do agree that Lingering Wounds shouldn't be applied by AOE abilities.

    I also think the debuff time on Lingering Wounds should be shortened from 15 seconds to 5 seconds and the talent ramped up by level (i.e. 2/2 Lingering Wounds applies 1% healing debuff per level of Warrior). This would make Lingering Wounds not so over powered for pre-50 WFs while at the same time keeping it in full force at the Prestige Rank level where it is vital to balance the current healing in the game.
    Sensational Suggestion. Implementing that would work fine!

    In regards to warriors not being able to kill anything. Thats a load of ****. Its not a 1v1 game. Get some friends and learnt to assisst.

    Yes dominators have a Heal debuff, It is however a 10 second CD and is only applied to one target, ever. Useless arguement is useless. Necro has Essence link which is a 60 second 30% healdebuff with no Cooldown. But You cant Dps while you throw it up on everyone.

    In regards to warriors speccing more defensively / group utility wise. I dont think it would be a bad thing. Every skill has its place in pvp, and skills like that are definitely needed, especially with how Burst is in the game at the moment. It would really make Premades shine.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Liang Nuren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I don't think it should be cleansible but I do agree that Lingering Wounds shouldn't be applied by AOE abilities.

    I also think the debuff time on Lingering Wounds should be shortened from 15 seconds to 5 seconds and the talent ramped up by level (i.e. 2/2 Lingering Wounds applies 1% healing debuff per level of Warrior). This would make Lingering Wounds not so over powered for pre-50 WFs while at the same time keeping it in full force at the Prestige Rank level where it is vital to balance the current healing in the game.
    The only thing wrong with LW is unpurgable AOE LW... make it purgable and make it only apply to one person at a time (per warrior, obviously).

    -Liang

    Ed: I could probably live with only one person at a time... AOE LW is ****ing ridiculous. Making it unpurgable on top of that is just ******ed.
    Last edited by Liang Nuren; 08-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts