+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lingerin Wounds etc.

Soulwalker

Healing debuffs in general are just fine, it's just that almost permanently applied -50% is too much. You can have smaller amounts (let's say, up to -25%) on a semi-permanent and unremoveable basis, but -50% is so huge amount off the healing that it either needs a hefty cd or some sort of a less hefty cd and cleansability.

I won't shut up since even though both sides get Lingering Wounds, it's a thing that's in my opinion making the game more dull. If Trion added an instagib instant cast no mana cost spell to mages both factions would still be able to use it, but it'd be ******ed too.

Also, half the team is clerics sometimes, but I can guarantee you half the team is not healers - not even close.
    Last edited by Elmokki; 08-26-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmokki View Post
    Healing debuffs in general are just fine, it's just that almost permanently applied -50% is too much. You can have smaller amounts (let's say, up to -25%) on a semi-permanent and unremoveable basis, but -50% is so huge amount off the healing that it either needs a hefty cd or some sort of a less hefty cd and cleansability.

I won't shut up since even though both sides get Lingering Wounds, it's a thing that's in my opinion making the game more dull. If Trion added an instagib instant cast no mana cost spell to mages both factions would still be able to use it, but it'd be ******ed too.

Also, half the team is clerics sometimes, but I can guarantee you half the team is not healers - not even close.
    If they will nerf LW, they will need to nerf heal even more, or rise dps even more? They cant just nerf LW. LW is just to important.
    Last edited by TAHK; 08-26-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    Bubasparks 50lvl R6 Warrior
    Bloodiron

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    You are undergeared and bad. L2P. Posts like yours are ruining PvP, not Warriors who outgear you by 4 ranks. Fix yourself.
    Because the Pvp game begins at R8 right?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TAHK View Post
    If they will nerf LW, they will need to nerf heal even more, or rise dps even more? They cant just nerf LW. LW is just to important.
    You are correct, LW is important. However in its current state it is too much. Steps need to be taken to either reduce its effectiveness and keep its uncleansable nature, or a myriad of other possibilities:

Like reducing its duration,
    Keeping 50% duration, Uncleansable lasts 8 seconds. But is a skill, Not applied on crit. 10 second 20 second CD
    Its not the issue that you have a heal debuff, The issue is that it is Continually up, being refreshed and Healers cant do jack **** about it. The issue is, that It is to easy to apply consistently whilst putting out decent damage,

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    You are correct, LW is important. However in its current state it is too much. Steps need to be taken to either reduce its effectiveness and keep its uncleansable nature, or a myriad of other possibilities:

Like reducing its duration,
    Keeping 50% duration, Uncleansable lasts 8 seconds. But is a skill, Not applied on crit. 10 second 20 second CD
    Its not the issue that you have a heal debuff, The issue is that it is Continually up, being refreshed and Healers cant do jack **** about it. The issue is, that It is to easy to apply consistently whilst putting out decent damage,
    Define "too much". Maybe it is too much for you, maybe it is too much for few more in this forum, but for many others, who play the game not whine on forums, it is fine as it is. Its fine for me, i have no problems if it is on me...
    Bubasparks 50lvl R6 Warrior
    Bloodiron

I'll say it again. It needs to not apply via AOE. Period.

If you remove LW good healers become unkillable. Have you ever watched a bunch of people beat on a healer that won't die? Obviously this is an issue with the valor system as well, but it is hilarious to see. Rogue healing debuffs simply get cleansed right off. The only answer is timely CC, but you better hope the rest of your team hasn't put them on diminishing returns. Throw LW into the mix and that healer isn't going to survive a five man pain train; and rightly so.

If you want to do more than make LW not apply via AOE (which is one step in the right direction) make it last 5 seconds. That is plenty of time to CC the warrior and let the debuff tick off. If you let a warrior stand there and beat on you you're probably going to die. I don't care who you are.

Unless you're a r8 chloro/lock. Then I just cry and wait for help.

Art is meant to upset people, science reassures them.
    ~Georges Braque

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TAHK View Post
    Define "too much". Maybe it is too much for you, maybe it is too much for few more in this forum, but for many others, who play the game not whine on forums, it is fine as it is. Its fine for me, i have no problems if it is on me...
    So you Do not see an issue with a MS effect that has a 15 second duration, is constantly refreshed and consitently spread out over Aoe. At all? You don't see a problem with that? Pvp burst damage in this game is a joke. So is CC.

Why bother giving out CC when it is worthless 90% of the time? You shouldn't even bother.

Having a Heal debuff should make a player think about when he / she needs to apply it. The same goes for CC. Having a tool that you can mash your 2-3 buttons with and succeed does not make you a good player. It just wears out your Keyboard.

Im not saying LW needs to go, I'm saying it needs to be tweaked to the point that is not able to be uncleansable and continually applied over AoE. The sheer fact that it can be Spread AoE and is uncleansable makes it broken. You cant have Cake and Pie. Pick one. I dont care if it is able to be spread out over AoE. Then it should be cleansable, It will not get picked up half the time because of other dots / debuffs. But that does not mean that healers should not have a chance to get rid of it.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

Im not saying LW needs to go, I'm saying it needs to be tweaked to the point that is not able to be uncleansable and continually applied over AoE. The sheer fact that it can be Spread AoE and is uncleansable makes it broken. You cant have Cake and Pie. Pick one. I dont care if it is able to be spread out over AoE. Then it should be cleansable, It will not get picked up half the time because of other dots / debuffs. But that does not mean that healers should not have a chance to get rid of it.
    This is why I vote for a stackable debuff: If it spreads AoE-wise, you'll only get 1 stack of debuff on a number of people. It gives them time to spread out to not receive any more stacks of debuff. Warriors can't auto-crit often enough with AoE moves to get a short-ish duration stacking debuff to full effect on multiple people, and doing so would require the enemy to just stand there like dummies.

This would favour getting people to focus on a ST basis to get a person fully debuffed. It would also downplay the effect of the debuff on AoE whilst still having some support effect. Now, it could be used tactically with multiple warriors timing their auto-crits, but that requires premade coordination. And it would still require people being bad enough to stand close enough together to get ***** by many warriors at once (since you should also be wary of cabalists, etc).

10% debuff, stacks upto 5 times, spreads only by melee abilities, 6-8 second duration.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet The Fierce View Post
    This is why I vote for a stackable debuff: If it spreads AoE-wise, you'll only get 1 stack of debuff on a number of people. It gives them time to spread out to not receive any more stacks of debuff. Warriors can't auto-crit often enough with AoE moves to get a short-ish duration stacking debuff to full effect on multiple people, and doing so would require the enemy to just stand there like dummies.

This would favour getting people to focus on a ST basis to get a person fully debuffed. It would also downplay the effect of the debuff on AoE whilst still having some support effect. Now, it could be used tactically with multiple warriors timing their auto-crits, but that requires premade coordination. And it would still require people being bad enough to stand close enough together to get ***** by many warriors at once (since you should also be wary of cabalists, etc).

10% debuff, stacks upto 5 times, spreads only by melee abilities, 6-8 second duration.
    I like the idea in theory, However I think for that to work, Multiple warriors debuffs should not stack. No other debuffs in the game stack. If it was able to be stackable, you could essentially negate all healing on a target with two warriors FFing said target. However that does depend on Trions coding.

RIFT Guide Writer Sekhmet The Fierce's Avatar

I like the idea in theory, However I think for that to work, Multiple warriors debuffs should not stack. No other debuffs in the game stack. If it was able to be stackable, you could essentially negate all healing on a target with two warriors FFing said target. However that does depend on Trions coding.
    Or the stack, no matter what happens, maxes out to 5 times. Doesn't stack with different healing debuffs, and never goes over 50% debuff on a single target. That way, the debuffed target can still heal.
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein."
    He who fights with Monsters should look to it that He himself does not become a Monster. And when you gaze long into an Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6