+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need clarification

Default Need clarification

Throughout the boards and interviews, screenshots and videos people have posted I have a question about the class system that would clarify things up a bit more.

-Starting from creation you make your toon and name it.
    -Then you pick your first soul to equip.
    1 Is this permanent, or can it be changed at anytime?
    2. If the above is permanent, this means you can't collect starting souls beyond creation?
    3. Once you get into the game that leaves really only 3 souls per faction to get, now the interviews state that there are many souls to collect. Any confirmation?

Forum tested, Hevenly approved.

- In some videos you can see each soul changed, thus first "Choice" soul can be changed later on.
    - You have 8 souls in each calling, therefore you can mix and mach from 8 souls.
    - All souls are provided for both factions.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    - In some videos you can see each soul changed, thus first "Choice" soul can be changed later on.
    - You have 8 souls in each calling, therefore you can mix and mach from 8 souls.
    - All souls are provided for both factions.
    8 souls per calling is really dry. I just can't believe there will only be 8 per calling when the videos stated otherwise. Quoting the one bald guy "There are dozens of souls to collect per calling throughout the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Enyeto View Post
    8 souls per calling is really dry. I just can't believe there will only be 8 per calling when the videos stated otherwise. Quoting the one bald guy "There are dozens of souls to collect per calling throughout the game"
    I have to say, give a link to that quote and lol, there will be more classes than any AAA game before it. Even if it "only" ships with 32, that's 24 more classes than GW2 for example....

Well I would say you pick your faction, then pick your race, then pick your archetype, then pick your soul and can collect them as you progress. Is my understanding atleast. If I worded it correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    Well I would say you pick your faction, then pick your race, then pick your archetype, then pick your soul and can collect them as you progress. Is my understanding atleast. If I worded it correctly
    Yep, that is prety much it mate. You have a decent understanding of the game. Collect all souls within given archetype. By mixing and matching you can get 100+ unique gameplaying styles.

@ Enyeto: please name me a game that has more classes in each calling, or a game that has mroe than 32 classes.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    that is my understanding also, thru quests, killing monsters, pvp, ect as a way of collecting

32 classes at release is awesomely a lot! That should be enough for release I would think, and they can always add more for expansions and updates. People will have a heck of a fun time learning around their 8 classes to begin with. I don't think we need the world on a platter right at release do we O.O?

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post
    I have to say, give a link to that quote and lol, there will be more classes than any AAA game before it. Even if it "only" ships with 32, that's 24 more classes than GW2 for example....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtL8_TkpGtE
    2:30+

Surely no number is named, but the illusion they are creating is 8 will not be the number. Specifically you are all missing the point I made, where as if they are faction based, that leaves you with 4 so there is a lack of connection between the chunks of information people are talking about.

Btw LOL at your GW2 comparison.

They are not faction based after you start so you can get any soul no matter what faction you choose. And I think the GW2 comparison was to show that the other game that has so much hype is not coming close to the class selection of Rift. But you can insert any game you like and the statment still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelus View Post
    And I think the GW2 comparison was to show that the other game that has so much hype is not coming close to the class selection of Rift. But you can insert any game you like and the statment still holds true.
    It's that AAA and GW2 were being put in the same sentence and thought.

I believe that 32 is the starting number with more added as they progress through post release development. Besides the combat souls you will also have fluff souls to play around with as well as crafting souls. So I don't think you need to worry about being bored anytime soon (after release)

Plane Touched

It looks like there will be 8 souls per archaetype at relesae.
    Your faction choice will limit which souls you can select from when you START the game, but as your progress, you can aquire all of the souls within your archaetype to switch around.

The really nice thing with the Soul system is that they can add new Souls at any time (by updates or Expansions) and people wont get mad about "new classes that thye have to reroll" because they just need to aquire the new soul(s) through which ever means and then equip it on their main toon.

I have a feeling teh Soul list will grow nicely as this game ages.

+ Reply to Thread