+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Druid

Lightbulb Druid

What should be the druid?
    Last edited by Zaraev; 08-21-2010 at 06:47 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4889&dateline=1282401  319

Well considering there is a "Tree" avatar next to druid in few screenshots, he will manipulate nature to either heal, or damage his enemies. Should be fun to see the lore behind Druid.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I should be the Druid!! *Flex*

They should be the pet class equivalent for the Cleric archetype (since warrior has beastmaster, rogue as ranger, and mage has elementalist).
    They should heal and use some spells/or melee? damage.
    But most their power would come from pets which could be wolves, cats, bears, stags, wolverines, possums, honeybadgers, kangaroos, or even an irritable platypus.
    All the healing spells should be based off of life/nature spells and maybe have plant names incorporated into them... (though going to cast [Rosemary's Touch] might get a bit controversial, and even insulting to someone's mother, aunt, or grandmother... might stick with [Healing Oak]...).

Rift Team

So I'm feeling a bit loopy after a day full of being bombarded by thousands (yes thousands) of people screaming and clawing for T-Shirts. As such I will have my revenge on you all by putting out a teaser..

Don't expect a Druid in RIFT to be a traditional fantasy druid like you see in WoW or EQ. Our druids may share some similarities with those classes, but I assure you the druid is uniquely Telaran and closely tied to the theme of our game.

-Adam

P.S. If you want beast pets you're going to have to play a ranger =P

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    So I'm feeling a bit loopy after a day full of being bombarded by thousands (yes thousands) of people screaming and clawing for T-Shirts. As such I will have my revenge on you all by putting out a teaser..

Don't expect a Druid in RIFT to be a traditional fantasy druid like you see in WoW or EQ. Our druids may share some similarities with those classes, but I assure you the druid is uniquely Telaran and closely tied to the theme of our game.

-Adam

Don't tell me...they will use the power of the rifts!? Kidding aside, I'm interested now...

-Adam

Yay, another thing that I am interested, have to put it on my LOONG list... Can you have more "Revenge" on us with Mage classes??
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Certainly interested in what the druid might be following Adam's reply, does this mean we could be talking sickle and stone circles type druid? hehe...

Certainly got me wondering anyway, as i suspect that maybe if the Druid isnt like WoW or EQ druids, then maybe the Warden will fill that role...

-Adam

AWWW come on you didnt look loopy, you looked fired up!
    A druid unlike other mmorpg druids sounds interesting, I'm wondering now, what will it be......tying it into this games lore should
    be interesting hum

-Adam

I knew it! Druids get plant pets!!! yay for flowerpower!

-Adam

Hey Adam! You did a great job at the Gamescom what I've seen so far from the videos!

And thanks for the Druid and Ranger Information Snack!

-Adam

Thanks for the tid-bits, Adam.

As mentioned, great demos.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Ylvelill View Post
    I knew it! Druids get plant pets!!! yay for flowerpower!
    It has just truck me why druids like plants and dont like fighting... They grow their own WEED! Plant Power!
    http://garden-notes.lot42.com/archiv...ops-weed-2.jpg

I'd like to see a druid as a caster with armor limited to what the forest provides - leather armor, wooden shields, etc. Nature magic like an area of entangling roots, summoning lightning or thunder storms or gusts of wind. Shapeshifting could come in short duration, long cooldown buffs with some centered on combat but most for utility - a bird that can zip away from combat to flee quickly, that sort of thing.

I dunno, the idea comes from not wanting to see druids in one particular animal form for an entire dungeon. I like to think of druids as jack of all trades, doing a little of everything, and not limited to whatever form they focus on.

Just my 2 cents.

Soulwalker

I'm going to guess that Rift druids are not aligned with the Vigil and draw their healing from the elements! And I'm going to guess the lead storyline was a Bahmi.

-Adam

Damn you! How the **** am I going to find time to play all these seperate classes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast