+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please stop using the Armor type wore as the basis for argument.

Rift Disciple

Default Please stop using the Armor type wore as the basis for argument.

I've been seeing more a more a tendancy to state that because a calling is limited to a "lower" class of armor that in an of itself is justification in that calling doing more damage that a calling that wearing a "higher" class of armor.

First of all the limitation in armor are modeled after the Dungeon and Dragons table top RPG and are ground into the idea of the callings or class (in other games). So Saying a mage limited to cloth should do more damage that anyone else is bias argument.

Regardless of armor class a dps role character should be equal with gear being on par for their calling, i.e say all callings involved have gear from the same level of content a warrior in plate in with a dps role should produce the same ammount of damage as a cleric in chain, mage in cloth, or rogue in leather using dps role.

Not asking for much, different but equal should be the goal of calling balancing.

Soulwalker

Then increase my mages armour to that of a warrior. Afterall, it doesnt matter right

Banned

Ditto - make my leather = plate in pvp. For that matter make my burst dps,cc, closers etc = warriors in pvp pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Ditto - make my leather = plate in pvp. For that matter make my burst dps,cc, closers etc = warriors in pvp pls.
    alright, then we take away your stealth and callings that utilize a bow. oh, derp, you're a warrior now. if you don't realize why your class uses a lower tier of armor by now, you are hopeless.
    *******************PROUD FLAGGOT*******************
    andymonster p8 warrior: deepstrike
    <black flag>: home of the idiotys

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Oh and take away all of your CC's and stealth as well. Armor does not stop caster dps....it is only supposed to stop melee damage. Valor is only pointless in this game. Especially when a mage can still hit me for 2k with 855 valor. If you want more armor I want more damage reduction from casters and a break free that isn't in the templar build that can be used against rogues.

Laerke 50 Cleric Rank 8
    Gabriella 50 Warrior Rank Nubbins
    4/4 DH 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 1/11 HK

I use chain and still getting *****... And yes I do use PVP gear.

Rift Chaser

The armour system used is not really designed for pvp so much as it is designed almost solely for pve. That is why the armour is different, because in pve it really doesn't matter, wheras in pvp, it matters a lot.

That said, casters trade their armour for the ability to ignore their opponents armour.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-20-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Disparu View Post
    Then increase my mages armour to that of a warrior. Afterall, it doesnt matter right
    No problem. Increase my warrior's healing to that of a mage.
    This post is best viewed with

Rift Chaser

I only dislike when people talk about plate defense when they are talking about dps warriors.Plate armor does not mean squat when you are talking about dps warriors

DPS Warrior is any combination of these souls Beastmaster/Champion/Riftblade/Vindicator

1.DPS warriors have lower HP due lack of gift of warlord,reaver,void knight and paladin,Plus they have are use dps gear which has lower defense stats

2.DPS warriors have no oh crap buttons and very few survivals tools.The list of active survival tools are BM Kinship and spoils of hunt,Riftblade Stoneshield and Paragon Bend like Reed and Predictable Movements,Vindicator Phalanx and second wind and Champs have nothing.Where every other class can heal themselves as well get other tools active tool warriors get very crappy active survival tools and dps warriors are even worse.

3.Plate does nothing mitigate to Magic damage.Warriors might as well be wearing cloth against Magic.More half the soul in game use magic with 2 calling primarily using magic.

I hate when people talk about the benefits of plate towards dps warriors when dps warriors give up their survivability to do damage.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post
    I hate when people talk about the benefits of plate towards dps warriors when dps warriors give up their survivability to do damage.
    The exact same thing applies to mages, just in reverse. This is why we can't use armour type as a reliable indicator of balance.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

To me damage should be linked to armor type in some way at least.

In general:
    Mages should do highest aoe damage/ have the most cc and when appropriate to the lore have goodish heals.
    Rogue should do highest single target damage period but have essentially no aoe melee or ranged.
    Cleric should have the best single target heals and do decent damage.
    Warriors should do better melee damage then clerics but less than rogue but should not have magic like casting abilities unless they have a mana bar (reaver, pally and rift blade, vk); to me they would have both a stamina bar and a mana bar that increases with level but never becomes more than 1/3 of a mana only character.

So highest aoe damage should have lowest armor, highest single target should have second lowest. Lowest damage/best heals should have decent armor so leveling isn't aweful and medium damage/ highest health should have best armor for tanking purposes.

On a side note, rogues shouldn't be able to tank and warriors should have highest physical mitigation and clerics should have highest magical mitigation.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Disparu View Post
    Then 90% of your attack require you to stand in melee because afterall, it doesnt matter right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Rift Disciple

Kk, so make all my attacks instant cause that doesnt matter, right?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    Then 90% of your attack require you to stand in melee because afterall, it doesnt matter right?
    This guy is so right, we have to be in melee range and not stunned, feared, snared..... Casters should have to stop and have a cast time so that we can catch up to them.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Athaulf View Post
    Kk, so make all my attacks instant cause that doesnt matter, right?
    And your damage gets reduced accordingly..

And now a mage is a warrior, and you understand game balancing. Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast