+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: All I see in PVP is Clerics and Warriors

  1. #1
    Telaran Caysym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default All I see in PVP is Clerics and Warriors

    ALMOST all the people in wf is Clerics and Warriors with a few rogues and mages in the mix. I still think that Clerics are SOOOOOO OP. SO many times it will take about 3 or 4 people to take down a cleric. They can out heal the damage delt. I am a Rank 5 Rouge and It is almost impossible to take out a Cleric or Warrior that is above a rank 2. I really dont have a issue with Warriors to much beside I can't kill them easily.
    I know I will get a lot of flak from this becaue it has been said so many times but I am hoping the devs will read all the post and fix it.
    Am I the only one who is seeing this?
    Please respond your thoughts either possitive or negetive.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Kaelani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caysym View Post
    I still think that Clerics are SOOOOOO OP. SO many times it will take about 3 or 4 people to take down a cleric. They can out heal the damage delt. I am a Rank 5 Rouge and It is almost impossible to take out a Cleric or Warrior that is above a rank 2.
    You gotta be the worst Rogue in the entire game.
    Either that, or a pretty decent troll.

  3. #3
    Telaran Caysym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    You gotta be the worst Rogue in the entire game.
    Either that, or a pretty decent troll.
    I don't cosider myself the worst rogue but I know I am not the best. I see other rogues have the same issues. The only ones I see do pretty good are rank 6 and above.

  4. #4
    Rift Master Shannae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    645

    Default

    I see lots of rogues in WFs. That's when I know to go sit on a rock in the graveyard because we're going to lose.

    What I do not know is if it's because Rogues the calling are bad or if its because Rogue the calling attracts bads. Will report back when I finish leveling mine - which has been pretty fricken fun to play, for the record.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

    73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

  5. #5
    Telaran Caysym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannae View Post
    I see lots of rogues in WFs. That's when I know to go sit on a rock in the graveyard because we're going to lose.

    What I do not know is if it's because Rogues the calling are bad or if its because Rogue the calling attracts bads. Will report back when I finish leveling mine - which has been pretty fricken fun to play, for the record.
    I have leveled all 4 classes and the rogue was the most fun to level.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Rogues are weak in warfronts I agree.
    Other than the cheesy RS flagrunner specs everyone hates.
    But I disagree that people play them less.
    There's a billion of them despite being weak in WFs.
    People must care about something besides being strong in WFs.
    Or else there wouldn't be so many rogues.
    Last edited by Stay; 08-19-2011 at 10:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant sanosuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caysym View Post
    ALMOST all the people in wf is Clerics and Warriors with a few rogues and mages in the mix. I still think that Clerics are SOOOOOO OP. SO many times it will take about 3 or 4 people to take down a cleric. They can out heal the damage delt. I am a Rank 5 Rouge and It is almost impossible to take out a Cleric or Warrior that is above a rank 2. I really dont have a issue with Warriors to much beside I can't kill them easily.
    I know I will get a lot of flak from this becaue it has been said so many times but I am hoping the devs will read all the post and fix it.
    Am I the only one who is seeing this?
    Please respond your thoughts either possitive or negetive.
    no way at rank 5 you cannot take out rank 1-4 anything.. work on your build.. if you aren't sure what rank people are my general rule is looking at hp. At rank 4 if they have 5.5khp or lower I can almost always drop them.. above that i usually don't bother but that's the best part of being a rogue.. picking my fights

  8. #8
    Ascendant Magnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    I see tons of every class I don't want to fight in warfronts, mostly clerics and mages

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    219

    Default

    You're the only one.
    Last edited by Fufy; 08-19-2011 at 01:37 PM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Arynite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I feel like half of my warfronts (as a Defiant) have a surplus of rogues. It's quite frustrating when I want to play on my rogue too. We usually end up lacking in front-line fighters, and it turns into a back pedaling war of markmen, mages, and ranged clerics all trying *not* to be in the front line. And of course, 3 rogues are off stealthing who knows where.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Majsharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    As cleric i can say that a rogue you are doing something wrong, because once a rouge gets into melee range, its bascially instant own of me.

    Go stunlock rogue for pvp, you won't get as many kills or do that much damage but you will be very valuable as you can pick off healers and people carrying the objectives with ease and kill them before they even come out of stun.

  12. #12
    Ascendant paspinall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    I am actually seeing mostly mages in the opposite warfronts at the moment. but regardless, it is the rogues i have come to hate ,they suddenly appear by me and before i can react i have been cced and am dead.

    Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse


  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    I'm seeing mages alot in WF now, at least equal to the number of warriors, numbers of clerics seems to be falling.

    Oddly enough they all seem to be chloro locks, i wonder why...

  14. #14
    Telaran Maldach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arynite View Post
    I feel like half of my warfronts (as a Defiant) have a surplus of rogues. It's quite frustrating when I want to play on my rogue too. We usually end up lacking in front-line fighters, and it turns into a back pedaling war of markmen, mages, and ranged clerics all trying *not* to be in the front line. And of course, 3 rogues are off stealthing who knows where.
    We must be in the same battle group. Whitefall Steppes last night, the first 8 Defiants into the game were Rogues.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    I'm seeing mages alot in WF now, at least equal to the number of warriors, numbers of clerics seems to be falling.

    Oddly enough they all seem to be chloro locks, i wonder why...

    I'm a mage and even I agree, chlorolocks need a tweak.

    Vitality and raised in nature making mage tanks is dumb, but at the moment it's one of the few viable specs we have.


    Personally I hate it. It destroys my definition of a mage, but I guess that's why I'm not a dev and it's just a personal gripe.

    yes I do have a chlorolock spec, gotta fight fire with fire. However, you get 3+ warriors on 1 target and it's going to die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts