+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Why RIFT will be ruined like WoW

Soulwalker

Default Why RIFT will be ruined like WoW

Thanks to all these little kids and incompetent players constantly complaining how something needs to be nerfed is getting ridiculous and rift just keeps falling for it. This is why so many people left WoW and this is why many will leave RIFT, all i can say to you noobs is learn to play, get some damn gear before you even attempt to QQ about anything and then if you still have something to complain about DON'T cause its on your end not the games mechanics at this point. AND for the record how can ppl possibly be complaining about warriors when mages are still the top dog's no questions asked gives the player has any clue what they are doing...

Rift Disciple

This thread needs to be nerfed. Get on it Trion!

why are these threads made?

Balance is needed and when trying to achieve it, sacrifices(nerfs) are made

it is YOU who needs to learn to play when your class is balanced(nerfed)

Quote Originally Posted by Yourfragged View Post
    Thanks to all these little kids and incompetent players constantly complaining how something needs to be nerfed is getting ridiculous and rift just keeps falling for it. This is why so many people left WoW and this is why many will leave RIFT, all i can say to you noobs is learn to play, get some damn gear before you even attempt to QQ about anything and then if you still have something to complain about DON'T cause its on your end not the games mechanics at this point. AND for the record how can ppl possibly be complaining about warriors when mages are still the top dog's no questions asked gives the player has any clue what they are doing...
    You see when you start this game there is a sign that read

PRO PLAYER?? THAT WAY =====>> WARRIOR CLASS
    NOOB PLAYER?? THAT WAY =====>> RANDOM NON-WARRIOR CLASS

So it seems that whole Rift community that is asking for warrior nerfs are noobs and dont know how to play. Only warriors are good players in this game.

cool story bro.

OP is right, game was released with perfect balance across 4 classes, 9 souls, and nearly infinite combinations of spending 66 talent points.

Herp and derp would like to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    OP is right, game was released with perfect balance across 4 classes, 9 souls, and nearly infinite combinations of spending 66 talent points.

Herp and derp would like to say hello.
    Yea no duh.. My Pyromancer was balanced when it was one shotting people.. it totally didn't need a nerf

Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Prophet of Telara

Low rank PvP against high rank people isn't fun. This is far more of a problem than anything else that I've seen.

It doesn't really matter if you nerf one spec if people just change to another and continue to slaughter 50 valor players.
    Last edited by Phage; 08-19-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Soulwalker

Nerfs didnt ruin WoW, they stupified it, THAT ruined it, atleast for me personally. Nerfs are needed as it is not balanced at all. A MMO needs balance among the classes and Rift is trying to achieve this by nerfing some classes. Yes people should 'learn to play' but as it is right now, in both PvE and PvP you are almost required to use a certain specc because others are just not good enough compared to it. Not a little, the differences are enormous.

Bottom line, don't whine about nerfs, a game needs balancing.

They have the wherewithal to make abilities function differently in PVP than PVE. This is HUGE. This is what ruined WoW:

Their refusal to do that.

With that being said:

I'd really like to see something like the following in the future:

Near:
    A) Raising of Baseline Valor or creation of crafted Valor set on par with R4 gear at the least.

Long-term:

Being forced into 3 specific souls based on desired role and class,

For instance:

Warrior:

PVP Tanking/Flag Carrying role (3 souls)
    PVP DPS role (3 souls)

Rogue:

PVP Ranged DPS Role (3 souls)
    PVP Melee DPS Role (3 Souls)
    PVP Tank /Flag Carrying role (3 souls)

Cleric:

PVP Ranged DPS Role (3 souls)
    PVP Melee DPS role (3 souls)
    PVP Healing role (3 souls)
    PVP Tank/Flag Carrying role (3 souls)

Mage:

PVP Ranged DPS role (3 souls)
    PVP Healing role (3 souls)

Forcing you into specific souls then allowing you to tweak talent point distribution as your means of customization (or even a perk-style deal) would insure balance since they would be designed with each other directly in mind.

The only way to truly have balance is through homogenization like this or continually doing things like the latest warrior nerfs (that are at talent level themselves).

This is a strong long-term goal......it's also relatively wishful thinking, just like how I hope they never increase level cap but just keep adding souls........

Inflation do not want...........

Separation of PvE and PvP damage modifiers and coefficients is just another reason for me to stay with Rift. It's the ONLY way I see "balance" being achieved while satisfying the meter peenors in the latest raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Separation of PvE and PvP damage modifiers and coefficients is just another reason for me to stay with Rift. It's the ONLY way I see "balance" being achieved while satisfying the meter peenors in the latest raid instance.
    Yep and promoting the balance desired by the PVP-*****........

(hey you started it.)

Telaran

AND for the record how can ppl possibly be complaining about warriors when mages are still the top dog's no questions asked gives the player has any clue what they are doing...

------------------

I love it Warriors get a much needed nerf and now you on again about Mages.. BTW take your own advice **** and L2Play as Mages are fine and if you can't beat them its on your end not the game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrocco View Post
    Yep and promoting the balance desired by the PVP-*****........

(hey you started it.)
    I raid HK and I'm PR7, so you can't really hurt my feelings

"My class can't be OP. It is impossible. Everyone else is just terrible and needs to learn to play."

If that's all you wanted to say why didn't you keep it short?
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Rift Chaser

Ruined like WoW,Can somebody explain to me how does game with 11 million customers get ruined.The point of game is to get people to play and WoW is doing that only of recent is WoW is starting lose numbers not because they did something it is more because the game is 7 years old and people are just tired of playing the same game.

I hope rifted gets ruined like WoW becomes top mmo market and last for 7 years with more subs than almost the whole market combine.Why do mmo players assume because they don't like the game everybody does not like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast