+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The -15% crit pvp talents...

Telaran

Default The -15% crit pvp talents...

Is it a flat -15%, so if someone had 20% crit, they would then have 5% against you? Or would it be .85 x 20% = 17% crit against you?

It is -15% of what they have, not -15% to what they have.

So if someone has 30% crit normally, they would have 30% x 0.85 = 25.5% crit.

ie, it is pretty meh vs anyone that is not crit capped... and even then it is not great (crit softcap is 45% and hardcap is 60% or 65%.. don't remember which).
    Last edited by spitfirek; 08-18-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Ascendant

No, its -15% chance to be crit regardless of what the attackers crit rate is. It was pretty fun pvp leveling my cleric alt with that since most warriors had <15% crit chance before level 40, no LW outside of proper timing.

It is subtractive I think. Not Multiplicative.

Everything else is additive, so I don't see why this would be any different. Meaning, given enemy crit rating X, it's X - 15 and not X - (X * 0.15).
    Last edited by Zarokima; 08-19-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zarokima View Post
    Everything else is additive, so I don't see why this would be any different. Meaning, given enemy crit rating X, it's X - 15 and not X - (X * 0.15).
    It should be, I agree. But when i tested it in 1.2 and again in 1.3 it was multiplicative. This is why no one takes the defensive tree for most classes. It is absolutely terrible. It was worth it when the second tier was decent but since the nerf to them it's simply a waste of points.

Can this be cleared up? I am using 5 points to get the -15% I do it on all my PvP specs, am I wasting 5 points? It certainly feels like it in warfronts because I still get crit...alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Can this be cleared up? I am using 5 points to get the -15% I do it on all my PvP specs, am I wasting 5 points? It certainly feels like it in warfronts because I still get crit...alot.
    YES, you are wasting points if all you are doing is getting the worthless talents like that one. I would recommend only going into the PvP tree to get specific abilities that are good(unless you are rogue, in which case the pvp tree is actually a huge dps increase for some stupid reason).

+ Reply to Thread