+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gyle
  • 1 Post By Menaace

Thread: Ideal Raid/WF Makeup = Problem?

Default Ideal Raid/WF Makeup = Problem?

So i have been thinking of a good way to describe what i see as an obvious flaw in the current class balancing without calling for any specific change, or QQing too much. I think the current issue with class balancing can be shown with a simple example of what i would consider the absolute ideal class makeup for both raids and Warfronts. This is my experience only, but i don't think i will get many arguments.

So, for Raids:

3x Cleric - The number of them on raid heals vice main heals would depend on the fight, but only 3 are really required for any fight i can think of, and i have done most of them.

2x Mage - 1 Chloro and 1 Archon, again, depending on the fight you might not need the chloro, at which point it can DPS, or just go away really.

1x Rogue - Bard

14x Warrior - one or 2 to tank, depending on the fight. One deep warlord for some extra support if you can. The rest on DPS. Highest single target DPS, and sufficient AoE to handle the AoE requirements in pretty much any fight. Make a few of them spec a ranged build for DPS on the 1 wolf in GSB if you really care too, since they can output over 1k ranged DPS in full raid gear there is no need to bring the extra rogues if you don't have to. Either way, that single wolf is the only mob i can think of warriors might have some trouble with, and it might be better to bring a few rogues/mages to DPS that individual wolf.

Warfront :

Ratio of 3 warriors to 1 healer (mage is acceptable, but cleric is certainly ideal). Maybe 1 or 2 rogues to stealth and trap some people, or to ranged DPS to draw them into your warrior/cleric Pwnage storm

All other contributions are insignificant.

I am not saying warriors need to be nerfed, i actually think warriors are fine and every other calling is just under powered. I'm saying that for every possible role they can fill, i can't imagine any reason not to have one over any other calling that can fill that same role. IMO this is a problem.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Chaser

Maybe I'm just being picky, but Oracle Aleria in particular comes to mind. All warrior DPS will get you destroyed by the ranged werewolf.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    Maybe I'm just being picky, but Oracle Aleria in particular comes to mind. All warrior DPS will get you destroyed by the ranged werewolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Make a few of them spec a ranged build for DPS on the 1 wolf in GSB if you really care too, since they can output over 1k ranged DPS in full raid gear there is no need to bring the extra rogues if you don't have to. Either way, that single wolf is the only mob i can think of warriors might have some trouble with, and it might be better to bring a few rogues/mages to DPS that individual wolf.
    He mentioned that..

warriors do about 500-600 dps ranged. that's respectable imo, but I have never seen them go 1000 0_o
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-18-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by timc0907 View Post
    He mentioned that..
    Oh. Missed that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    warriors do about 500-600 dps ranged. that's respectable imo, but I have never seen them go 1000 0_o
    A couple of warriors in my guild claim to be able to put together a ranged spec that can put up about 1k raid buffed, ill have to see if i can convince one to let me parse him so i can put it up here. I am reasonably sure it is possible, since i watched a warrior in my old guild put up 700+ in T2 gear. I'll see if i can get a parse together.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

A couple of warriors in my guild claim to be able to put together a ranged spec that can put up about 1k raid buffed, ill have to see if i can convince one to let me parse him so i can put it up here. I am reasonably sure it is possible, since i watched a warrior in my old guild put up 700+ in T2 gear. I'll see if i can get a parse together.
    Have a warrior buddy that parsed over 1k on a failed attempt of murdantix. Although to be fair he only backed out of melee and went ranged 1/2 way through the fight because we lost too many ranged. Something with riftblade in it.

Warfront :

Ratio of 3 warriors to 1 healer (mage is acceptable, but cleric is certainly ideal). Maybe 1 or 2 rogues to stealth and trap some people, or to ranged DPS to draw them into your warrior/cleric Pwnage storm

All other contributions are insignificant.

I am not saying warriors need to be nerfed, i actually think warriors are fine and every other calling is just under powered. I'm saying that for every possible role they can fill, i can't imagine any reason not to have one over any other calling that can fill that same role. IMO this is a problem.
    There is no "ideal makeup" A Dominator could TI/MB all three of your 3 warriors and silence your cleric, a Blight Chloro could remove all hots, and a Stormcaller can finish all three off in about 5 seconds from start to finish. Also Most good teams will field a healer per warrior in a 1 to 1 ratio so you can have varieties in heal styles.

You don't know much about PvP, because PvP is situational. What you said is amateurish. When I see 10 warriors and 3 clerics on a team. I get a smile on my face, switch to my Sc/Dom and go to town.
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    In a T2 just last night, my GM pulled 1k on a T2 boss in CC...ranged. He's in mostly T2 gear. Surprised the hell out of me. The main thing to take away from this thread is that nobody wants more than 1-2 Rogues lol.
    Last edited by Calo; 08-24-2011 at 07:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread