+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What you don't understand about the Warrior slaughtering you on the meter

Default What you don't understand about the Warrior slaughtering you on the meter

Warriors don't scale well.

Baseline damage is high and magnifies weapon improvements.

Our supposed primary statistic (Strength) is terrible for Damage because apparently we're supposed to be the best tanks there are. However, we can't touch riftstalkers for mitigation, effective health, and avoidance until we have awesome gear or resist sigils built.

If you need proof, look at the void knight tree and understand that it's the only tree that worth going a full 51 points into and even then you will find that alot of the abilities don't even work in raids....compare that to a 51 point Justicar or Riftstalker tank (on a point by point basis).

Bottom line is that we aren't head and shoulders above Riftstalkers tanking-wise. Sure there's mechanics and block that make us stronger, but RS is the strongest PURE tanking soul in Rift on a point-by-point basis.

Here's the biggest point I have for all you haters:
    We warriors have been yelling for better Strength to AP conversion for our DPS souls and better AP contributions to our attacks.

But Trion is pulling a Blizzard in this particular respect: Our passive "do more damage per point invested into tree" talents are overpowered and stacking strongly while we need 10 AP for a 1 DPS increase in our weapon damage, which is another flaw in our design:

None of our abilities scale off AP. They are all weapon damage based. AP simply raises weapon damage.

Then the fact that we need extremely high crit levels to maximize damage done due to all of our resource regen being based off crit.

Basically, you have to understand that what you want isn't us to just be nerfed to crap, what you want is us to scale like you do, off your primary statistic (Int, Dex, AP, SP) and have our damage go up on the same curve yours does as gear gets better. That won't happen until they re-do every warrior ability in rift.

Otherwise you are just asking for a passive nerf to things like SLI, Tot5R, Deadly Strikes, Weapon Spec, Rift Fury, and Enhanced Burst simply due to your inability to understand how we work.

I'd like to see how much your caster's DPS goes up if you get a new chest piece........

Then I'll show you how little ours' goes up until we get a new weapon.........

Your signature suits you.

~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Your signature suits you.
    Yeah and your understanding of math insures that my slaughtering you on the meters is justified.

I agree. They're doing all of their damage "fixes" based off a system that has nothing to do with the stats that are supposed to alter our damage. In the long run this is going to create more work for them when they eventually have to fix it, and how they didn't see this coming during development is amazing to me especially when other classes were receiving the benefit from their stats that they were supposed to.

Can you imagine if this game makes it through a few expansions and all of a sudden skills are increasing XYZ abilities by 437% and weird **** like that?

You want better AP scaling, your going to need to nerf Slayers bearing and SLI first. Hands down that Slayers bearing is the reason Crit scales much better than AP for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    You want better AP scaling, your going to need to nerf Slayers bearing and SLI first. Hands down that Slayers bearing is the reason Crit scales much better than AP for you.
    If they fixed AP scaling we wouldn't need those abilities, pretty sure the warrior community would be willing to take a massive, well thought out (please) retooling of the class if it meant no more crazy heavy handed nerfs and buffs in the future that completely change the scope of the class. Many of us WANT to stack strength, we don't like using rogue gear.
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-18-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Plane Touched

Marrocco's posted many times calling for the complete removal of SLI at the same time that AP scaling is fixed actually. SLI is a lazy workaround for something that's never worked right in the first place. None of us like having to waste a finisher and a global cooldown on this crap.

Crit scales better because AP is broken. It's true with and without Slayer's Bearing active.

So the point is that you are the highest DPS and you need buffs?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Yep, you got it exactly. Your powers of perception are quite impressive.

Soulwalker

The reading comprehension on these forums is amazing.

Not really though.

Slayer's is fine. SLI is not.

SLI, Tot5R, Weapon Spec, Rift Fury, and to a lesser extent (primarily because they are crap in PVE) Destroyer's Bearing and Avatar of the Rift have far too much to say about the damage we do than our gear actually does.

Look:

I want to wear plate. I want a viable 51 point DPS build. I want to scale. I want getting a new chest or legs to be exciting. Right now it's not. They don't net nearly the type of damage increases that nearly every other calling gets from them.

But give me a new weapon and LOLOLOL

HOW THE HELL AM I THE TROLL?

I've spelled this out so many times:

Let me do it again:

Here's how this happens,

A) Removal of soft/hard caps off block and parry from strength.
    Reasoning is that there is too much of these statistics being realized by strength. Add TALENTS that increase contribution of Strength to these statistics, but still below the current 1-to-1 ratio that is baseline right now. This is HOLDING BACK dps warrior strength scaling.

Another route is to leave baseline scaling as it is and add 0 point talents to each warrior DPS soul that reduces parry and block gained from strength and increase AP gained per point of strength.

B) Normalize Dual Wield ability damage. Why do I need Trig and a dartboard to understand how much my off hand benefits my abilities.

Paragon tree abilities could do 100% of both. That's fine. Every other tree needs at least 100/50.

Or "Threat of Thassarian." I hate to bring WoW in here, but this talent was amazingly designed:

You don't need to change scaling at all:

Give warriors (other than Paragon abilities, again) a mirror attack from OH for 50% of OH damage. Dual Wield champs? viable. Rift blades? Viable. Dual wielding now a choice. Warriors get ranged build.

C) Remove SLI. Nerf to hell or remove Tot5R/Weapon Spec/Rift Fury. Increase how attack power gains affect damage output.

Not hard to understand: The bullseye while doing this is exactly where it's at now. Despite the garbage spewed on here, I raid with some incredibly strong rogues, clerics, and mages who while generally are behind the warriors by less than 5% on our meters, are not the hopeless case people play them out to be. Especially melee clerics and now Cabalists.

I don't know where the perpetuation of Rogues and Mages doing bad damage started, but I'd even venture to say that they need slight bumps. Not some massive buff. That's just me.

You all can troll away now and act like I'm asking for buffs again.........

Slayer is fine your funny... Its such a big boost to dps by itself.. 25% is huge on crit... you Crit at least 50% of the time... If I had a choice between 10% more damage and 25% extra damage on crit I'd be taking the on crit...

I'm curious why Rifstalkers and Justicars were even brought up in the original post... isn't this about DPS? And I agree that most of the abilities in the Justicar tree are good and not just filler to hit the 51 pointer. And not every point in the Rifstalker tree is worth it. But, I mean come on we have one tree for tanking, it's not like we have anywhere else to put the points anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast