+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Morguloth

Thread: Give Cabs our old Sigils back!

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default Give Cabs our old Sigils back!

    The new LD mechanic is nice, automatic LDs gives you time to use other spells in your rotation other than spamming the old decay channel, so kudos there Trion But the new sigils blow tbh. GTAE are harder to use in PvP because of the intense speed of the action, the old targeted sigils worked MUCH smoother, let alone the fact that you could tie them in with either Tyranny or Obliterate and Sign of Asias for dmg+mass buff stripping, stunning, silencing, etc etc.

    GTAE are more cumbersome and clunky, which is what you were trying to fix about the cab soul to begin with, so it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back Trion. Takes too long to line up the sigil and by then the enemy has moved, quicker just to load it and explode it the OLD way.

    I'd return the old sigil system, return Maelstrom (very stupid nerf imho with Maelstrom, it DOESN'T dmg, no need to nerf). I get Sign of the Asias, can't have clerics being the top dmg dealers in the game I guess

    Although tbh several Strom Callers coordinating like Cabs did after 1.4 could do easily as much carnage and as we all know warrior dmg is off the charts, but clerics are meant to be the jack of all trades and the masters of none? Healing, sure, but the idea of the soul system was to break away from the cookie cutter class system, yet when a cleric soul dares to become a viable dps soul it's nerfed.....

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Amorascus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    163

    Default

    /Signed. I was hoping that Trion would make the specific sigils as buffs on the clerics, where it affects our Tyranny thereby giving it an extra effect, but I guess that was too much to ask for.

    The GTAOE is very clunky though.
    50 Cleric - Silkweb Defiant - <1.21 Gigawatts>

  3. #3
    Plane Touched matthew84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    The new LD mechanic is nice, automatic LDs gives you time to use other spells in your rotation other than spamming the old decay channel, so kudos there Trion But the new sigils blow tbh. GTAE are harder to use in PvP because of the intense speed of the action, the old targeted sigils worked MUCH smoother, let alone the fact that you could tie them in with either Tyranny or Obliterate and Sign of Asias for dmg+mass buff stripping, stunning, silencing, etc etc.

    GTAE are more cumbersome and clunky, which is what you were trying to fix about the cab soul to begin with, so it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back Trion. Takes too long to line up the sigil and by then the enemy has moved, quicker just to load it and explode it the OLD way.

    I'd return the old sigil system, return Maelstrom (very stupid nerf imho with Maelstrom, it DOESN'T dmg, no need to nerf). I get Sign of the Asias, can't have clerics being the top dmg dealers in the game I guess

    Although tbh several Strom Callers coordinating like Cabs did after 1.4 could do easily as much carnage and as we all know warrior dmg is off the charts, but clerics are meant to be the jack of all trades and the masters of none? Healing, sure, but the idea of the soul system was to break away from the cookie cutter class system, yet when a cleric soul dares to become a viable dps soul it's nerfed.....
    When almost every player of a calling switches to a spec and can wipe entire enemy teams bursting 25k damage in to a controlled crowd within seconds you know something is wrong. It was adjusted and rightly so. The thing is its still powerful when you have 2 cabs working together its a raid wiped add in a dom and just to give the rogues a look in a sab and id say its tko especially with those warrior cleaves and lingering wounds. Id be interested in how that went down to he fair. As a premade. The problems with the game are that everyone wants to play what is OP because they like being OP and feeling 'awesome'. But when it gets nerfed to a more balanced state and they have to work a little, the build gets ditches and the hunt begins for 'the next BIG thing.'

    It is a shame that not enough clerics make the good healers they can be though. The archetype variety wasnt mean to break the mold, it was meant to reshape it. When there are a majority of souls in your selection that cater to a certain role, its safe to assume that is what you are meant to specialize in. But they are not your only option and free will exists I just wish more specialist healers were around enjoying healing and knowing that they contributed to winning. Certainly not enough on the defiant side in the Whitefall cluster
    Last edited by matthew84; 08-18-2011 at 02:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    When there are a majority of souls in your selection that cater to a certain role, its safe to assume that is what you are meant to specialize in.
    Clerics have 3 healing souls, 1 tank soul and 4 dps souls. By your logic we should dps better then we heal. We dont'.

    Warriors have 4 tank souls and 4 dps souls , So they should be the premiere tanks, I believe that to mostly true. Their dps should be on par with clerics.

    Rogues have 6 dps 1 support and 1 tank. They should tank on par with clerics(they tank much better), their support role isn't comparable with anything, and their dps is generally below warriors.

    Mages have 5 dps 2 support and 1 heal. They heal as well as clerics, 1 support soul is worthless in a support role for pve and the other is almost required in raids. Their dps is, often below warriors and rogues.

    By your logic rogue dps > mage > warrior = cleric
    Warrior tanking > rogue=cleric
    Cleric heals > mage
    Mage support > rogue

    I think your concept of soul distribution to soul viability is flat out wrong.

    it should be if you have 1 soul that can do 1 role it should be viable in that roll

    ie

    rogue dps = mage=warrior = cleric, because all have dps souls
    warrior tank = cleric tank = rogue tank , because they all have tank souls
    cleric heals = mage heals, because they both heal
    mage support = rogue support because they both have support roles

    So why have so many souls right? Various souls should simple support various play styles (which is why warriors should imo have 3 tank souls, 4 dps souls and a support soul) 2 meele focus dps and 2 range focused dps dealing PHYSICAL DAMAGE.

    Rogues should have 3 melee focused dps and 3 ranged , 4 physical and 2 with magic damage mixed in.

    Mages should have 2 range dps and 2 melee dps ( thats right, melee magic users). All magical damage

    clerics should have 2 ranged dps and 2 melee dps 2 phsyical/magical partials and 2 magical.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    When almost every player of a calling switches to a spec and can wipe entire enemy teams bursting 25k damage in to a controlled crowd within seconds you know something is wrong.
    They only switched to Cabalist because it was "new". To try it out. If all mages rolled Stormcallers, those would get nerfed too.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Israfael View Post
    They only switched to Cabalist because it was "new". To try it out. If all mages rolled Stormcallers, those would get nerfed too.
    That's why I gave the example of Stormcallers working together to coordinate attacks, like you said, they'd get nerfed too. The new build/nerfs don't make sense to me, first they rearrange the Cabalist soul for what, like the 3rd time I think now only to nerf it days later when the real problem was the sheer number of Cabs?

    With this line of thinking on their part I'd hate to try out any more revamped souls lol, too many and it'll get the old nerf bat .

    No one EVER cried about Maelstrom before 1.4 and yet it got nerfed to near uselessness, you have to practically be on top of a mob and the mob would have to already be somewhat grouped up anyway with the reduced range/radius, etc.

    And the Sign of Asias nerf was only because multiple cabs were coordinating their attacks, big woop, that's WHY there are support/healer classes, ADAPT and move on.

    I'm really dissapointed in Trion for such a QUICK KNEE JERK reaction to the Cabalist soul. Now all it's good for is spamming Tyranny for the most part tbh, Maelstrom is garbage, SoA is meh....2 min CD still too lol., Sigils are garbage (no longer can use with Tyranny, SoA).

    Trion, have ALL the Sigils work like Vile Power and Ravaging Darkness and explode all your LDs for the love of GOD!!! The GTAE are lame in PvP, too slow to use + NO DMG anymore, they suck, at LEAST have them work like VP and RD Sigils FFS, you've wasted our Sigils, c'mon. It's the LEAST you can do after screwing up Maelstrom guys, at the very least imho.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara kliknik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Soldotna, AK
    Posts
    962

    Default

    I have to agree with the OP. Not only do the new sigil mechanics and maelstorm changes suck, but also I am not a fan of the new tyranny mechanic either. I miss being able to have 3 decays up pop a soul drain then tyranny, tyranny, tyranny. Now I don't even bother with tyranny since it is always on cd.

    Personally I am getting sick of logging on to a new game every week. I wish they would learn to leave well enough alone and quite f*ing stuff up. The occasional class pass patch is fine, but this changing crap 2 times a week is getting old.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I have to agree with the OP. Not only do the new sigil mechanics and maelstorm changes suck, but also I am not a fan of the new tyranny mechanic either. I miss being able to have 3 decays up pop a soul drain then tyranny, tyranny, tyranny. Now I don't even bother with tyranny since it is always on cd.

    Personally I am getting sick of logging on to a new game every week. I wish they would learn to leave well enough alone and quite f*ing stuff up. The occasional class pass patch is fine, but this changing crap 2 times a week is getting old.
    Watching a dev team trying to create PvP class balance is always like watching a dog trying to chase it's own tail isn't it?

    Not saying it's EZ, not at all, just funny watching the yo-yo effect of how souls get yanked back and forth, like Sab, Pyro, Cab lol....

    It's hypocritical in a way, Trion dumbed down Cabalist so more would play it, MORE DID play THEIR new Cabalist build, then they smash it all to hell and back.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    751

    Default

    As for me I love the new Cabalist build, with the exception of the GTAOE sigils, and the fact that they nerfed Maelstrom.

    Here is an idea un-nerf Maelstrom and then flag it to where it cant target players if its such a bother in PVP. That way it would be worthless for pvp only and still useful in pve instead of being worthless for pvp and pve.

  10. #10
    Champion j3w3l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    That's why I gave the example of Stormcallers working together to coordinate attacks, like you said, they'd get nerfed too. The new build/nerfs don't make sense to me, first they rearrange the Cabalist soul for what, like the 3rd time I think now only to nerf it days later when the real problem was the sheer number of Cabs?
    .
    they did nerf sc remember,when every mage was playing it... pretty much straight after the pyro nerf
    i still think sc are more powerful then cab, better aoe, and single target.. there aoe also snares far better than malestrom and our sigil too.

    as too the op, yes bring back our old sigils... i said this was going to be the case on the pts when they changed it and got flamed to no end
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

  11. #11
    Plane Touched despite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    hollywood ca
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Yes I'm sure after having meetings, deciding on the change, coding the patch, internal testing, multiple patches on the test realm and implementing the patch on live they're going to revert it back cause you don't like it. Yup sounds likely.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    As for me I love the new Cabalist build, with the exception of the GTAOE sigils, and the fact that they nerfed Maelstrom.

    Here is an idea un-nerf Maelstrom and then flag it to where it cant target players if its such a bother in PVP. That way it would be worthless for pvp only and still useful in pve instead of being worthless for pvp and pve.
    So, what you just said was: "I like the new cabalist, with the exception of everything that isn't the new lurking decay buff and tyranny spam.".
    Neat.

    Understandable though.
    Last edited by Malbojia; 08-21-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts