+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where are the PvE Synergy Crystals?

Prophet of Telara

Default Where are the PvE Synergy Crystals?

PvP is BiS for both PvP and PvE.

Unambiguously rank 5/6 gear is significantly better than raid tier 1 gear. Rank 3/4 gear is arguably comparable to raid tier 1 gear.

Synergy crystals are providing roughly a tier increase in gear, which completely negates any PvE gear from ever being comparable until relic raid tier 2.

This is a problem.

Why hasn't there been synergy crystals released for T2 and raid T1 sets of gear? They could be identical to the PvP crystals and costs marks. Not that hard.

Prophet of Telara

Hammerknell.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    Hammerknell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Why hasn't there been synergy crystals released for T2 and raid T1 sets of gear?
    T2 = experts
    "Raid T1" = DH/GP/GSB/RoS

Hammerknell is a tier above that, so high five for not addressing his question bro!
    Last edited by Carthoris; 08-17-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Soulwalker

I have to agree with the OP here

For PvP, players have 3 different sets of synergy crystals. One for 3/4, one for 5/6 and one for 7/8

Now assuming, based on stats, 3/4 = t2, 5/6 = t3 (gsb/ros) and 7/8 = t4 (hk), shouldn't pve players get synergy crystals for t2 and t3 raid? Seems like only fair logic ... but then again this a MMO and nothing is fair in the battle of pvp vs pve ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thavatol View Post
    I have to agree with the OP here

For PvP, players have 3 different sets of synergy crystals. One for 3/4, one for 5/6 and one for 7/8

Now assuming, based on stats, 3/4 = t2, 5/6 = t3 (gsb/ros) and 7/8 = t4 (hk), shouldn't pve players get synergy crystals for t2 and t3 raid? Seems like only fair logic ... but then again this a MMO and nothing is fair in the battle of pvp vs pve ...
    Compare the Nightblade crystal and the Rank 7/8 Crystal...

The Nightblade Crystal is 99999999999999999x the usefulness of the PvP crystal.

7 more Scourge of Darkness Ticks and 30% more Blazing Strike damage.

another reason why I unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Compare the Nightblade crystal and the Rank 7/8 Crystal...

The Nightblade Crystal is 99999999999999999x the usefulness of the PvP crystal.

7 more Scourge of Darkness Ticks and 30% more Blazing Strike damage.

another reason why I unsubbed.
    How did you get Nightblade Synergy Crystal?

it's completely rediculous that pvp gear is so much better than t3 raiding gear. adding synergy crystals to the tier sets would have fixed this. giving the pvp synergy crystals something else than crazy amounts of sp and ap would have worked as well

this kind of design smells like blizzard.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    How did you get Nightblade Synergy Crystal?
    i didn't. i don't pve.

Prophet of Telara

HK relic gear is in a tier of its own. You need 19 other people, at least tier 1 raid equivalent gear, can only tackle each boss once a week, and requires a set number of currency plus a unique drop.

PvP on the other hand is basically limited to how frequent and successful you PvP. There are already people who are rank 7 and I wouldn't be surprised if there were already rank 8 folks popping up. Personally I am pretty bad at PvP, but am already pretty far into R4 without much effort or time.

While I'm not a fan of PvP, I have spent hours and hours to be completely RT1'd out. Now imagine my surprise when I realize that all the time I spent on PvE content only to realize that my mediocre rank 4 gear is comparable to all my gear.

To give you a frame of reference, synergy crystals are giving you roughly 50% increased power from base/power all your gear combined minus weapons, trinket, and machine. That's 50% of the power of 10 pieces of gear.

The really irritating part about all this is that it isn't even difficult to balance gear. T2 and RT1 gear already have currencies. Items can just be duplicated from the PvP crystals to produce comparable items. I can't imagine this taking any more effort than it did for PvP items, likely much less since you can copy the code, stats, and even graphics then just replace the set conditions.

I really hope that Trion is working on PvE syngery crystals because at this rate there isn't any point in touching any content before tier 2 raid.

Soulwalker

bump, bump, bump, important and easily fixed issue.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    PvP is BiS for both PvP and PvE.

Unambiguously rank 5/6 gear is significantly better than raid tier 1 gear.
    True .... and absurd!
    - GAISSA - Warrior - BloodIron (EU) -

This really is ridiculous. At least make synergy crystals for tier 1 raid gear.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaissa View Post
    True .... and absurd!
    While this is true, as I posted above, for pvp I would much prefer the Nightblade crystal as it would cater much more to Nightblade burst than 200 AP.

but the hit points are indeed nice. 7k hp's in a rogue dps build is fun.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    While this is true, as I posted above, for pvp I would much prefer the Nightblade crystal as it would cater much more to Nightblade burst than 200 AP.

but the hit points are indeed nice. 7k hp's in a rogue dps build is fun.
    Do you even have a single piece of HK relic gear?

The HK relic synergy crystals are neat and all, but seriously, how close are you to them?

Theorycrafting is fun and all, but I actually want content to be balanced and in no way is it acceptable that PvP gear is a full ****ing tier better than the equivalent PvE gear (which takes significantly more effort and time to get).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast