+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defensive Soul suggestion.

Default Defensive Soul suggestion.

Hi everyone,

I was looking at the zam soul builder during down time and I noticed something about rogue souls. Some of the offensive souls have +To Hit talents. The most vital of stats for DPS is a talent for a few of the offensive souls. Cool, a little booster for up and coming deeps players! I noticed that all by myself, I did. ;)

Then as I looked at the Riftstalker soul, it hit me hard: no +Toughness talents. Toughness gear isn't hard to come by if you have friends or money. But for casual players, it can take some time. You can not tank without Toughness gear for very long. But you sure can DPS without +Hit gear if you use the souls with the +Hit talents.

So, this is to the devs: I would like to request a +Tough talent in Riftstalker, Justicar and one or two of the Warrior Defensive Souls as well. This request is in the interest of balance. It has an added benefit of encouraging players to tank as early as they can put points in the +Toughness talent. As it stands, many potential tanks wait til they have toughness gear before tanking full time. By that time, they do other things besides running reg AP/CC, like questing. Or straight mob-grinding.

I am unaware of any quests that drop +Tough gear for levels below 50. Correct me if I am wrong. At the time I was looking for Tough gear, it was still early release. I joined a guild and the tanks were warriors. No leather workers had both the chest and the boots so I had 40 Toughness... and not much else. I kept taking too much damage. I became frustrated and I gave up before I had learned to properly tank on the rogue. (LOL, there are posts in the rogue forum expressing my frustrations over the rogue tank; with proper gear, I have become a significantly better tank on my rogue.)

And to you new rogues that might be reading this: without Rift Guard, a Riftstalker will drop like any other non-tank. Apply Rift Guard early and often. And throw 2 points into Saboteur for Frag Bomb if you're having threat troubles on the pack mob pulls.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Shane AKA Duckanide/Duckey/Duckie of Byriel
    Duckierre of Sanctum on Faeblight. Defending, Mending and Rending for 52 seasons. (Tank/heals/dps, Lvl 52.)

"I have nothing to say that's really quotable."

Yes, imma bump my own thread.
    Duckierre of Sanctum on Faeblight. Defending, Mending and Rending for 52 seasons. (Tank/heals/dps, Lvl 52.)

"I have nothing to say that's really quotable."

Plane Walker

taking too much damage has little to do with toughness. Rogues take too much damage even when they have the needed toughness, its the way the game was designed. There are multiple threads around asking for a change.

Extra toughness only helps when trying to meet the gear requirements to tank t1. The overgearing you need for t2, you will have the 100 toughness by the time you have the gear needed to tank and getting up to 150 for raids is easy.

Since toughness above the requirement doesnt do anything, there isnt any point in having a talent for it. If you need a toughness boost, get a rune for it

+ Reply to Thread