+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What am I doing wrong???,

Rift Master

Default What am I doing wrong???,

Is my thinking wrong that I shouldnt blow all my cds at once? With the burning powerstones Im sitting close to 1500 sp, with my gocb [130sp/30sec] and raid buffs puts me at around 1700sp. So in my sc/ele/archon I pop static flux/static discharge/intensify elements/gocb hit flash freeze lighting storm and after my second lightning field im dead because ive pulled aggro. I cant do this or wont do it anymore unless I have intercept. Is there anyway around this ive looked everywhere and cant find anything. Are my tanks bad or do I just live with not being able to go full power. thx in advance.

Rift Disciple

wait a good 30 seconds before you do that, or tell your tank to produce more aggro. i dont have any problem with aggro at all in instances.
    Proper Grammar isnt hard to use, so please at least use proper punctuation, since its the only difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse; and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Dont go full out 0.5 seconds after the tank has pulled

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    Is my thinking wrong that I shouldnt blow all my cds at once? With the burning powerstones Im sitting close to 1500 sp, with my gocb [130sp/30sec] and raid buffs puts me at around 1700sp. So in my sc/ele/archon I pop static flux/static discharge/intensify elements/gocb hit flash freeze lighting storm and after my second lightning field im dead because ive pulled aggro. I cant do this or wont do it anymore unless I have intercept. Is there anyway around this ive looked everywhere and cant find anything. Are my tanks bad or do I just live with not being able to go full power. thx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    Dont go full out 0.5 seconds after the tank has pulled
    im not, doesnt matter if I wait 10-15 secs the result is always the same.

Rift Disciple

this is a raid setting, assuming trash, cool downs are hardly needed for trash in any instance unless you are looking for huge numbers just spam forked lightning and a lightning field, you can still pull 2k+ dps like that

but other than that it could be your tank doesnt have great aoe threat and needs to improve a bit, but that still comes back on you to hold back of you keep pulling

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ominith View Post
    this is a raid setting, assuming trash, cool downs are hardly needed for trash in any instance unless you are looking for huge numbers just spam forked lightning and a lightning field, you can still pull 2k+ dps like that

but other than that it could be your tank doesnt have great aoe threat and needs to improve a bit, but that still comes back on you to hold back of you keep pulling
    I was thinking more along the lines of we run gsb and ros back to back [90m +120m] so blowing through stuff quickly saves time anyway I think I got my answer. Hold Back!
    Last edited by synrgy; 08-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Symptom: Your trash AE rotation produces more AE agro than the tank can generate.

Cause: Perhaps your 1500 Spell power is out-classing his gear threat-level.

Solution: Modify your AE rotation to deal most of its damage towards the end of the pull.

ie:

Burning Ground, Hailstorm, Lightning Storm (full channel). SF, IE, SD, LF + FL spam.

Hailstorm is really useful for its snare allowing the tank more time to react to agro loss.

The LF that happens right after the end of your Lightning Storm is massive damage, and will pull agro off most under-geared tanks if you to it 10 seconds into the fight.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Symptom: Your trash AE rotation produces more AE agro than the tank can generate.

Cause: Perhaps your 1500 Spell power is out-classing his gear threat-level.

Solution: Modify your AE rotation to deal most of its damage towards the end of the pull.

ie:

Burning Ground, Hailstorm, Lightning Storm (full channel). SF, IE, SD, LF + FL spam.

Hailstorm is really useful for its snare allowing the tank more time to react to agro loss.

The LF that happens right after the end of your Lightning Storm is massive damage, and will pull agro off most under-geared tanks if you to it 10 seconds into the fight.
    Thx didnt realize threat worked that way. Not sure I still fully understand how aggro is calculated because even though a power says "Forces the enemy to attack the warrior for 3 secs, why can you still pull off durimg that 3 seconds?

+ Reply to Thread