+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What am I doing wrong???,

  1. #1
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default What am I doing wrong???,

    Is my thinking wrong that I shouldnt blow all my cds at once? With the burning powerstones Im sitting close to 1500 sp, with my gocb [130sp/30sec] and raid buffs puts me at around 1700sp. So in my sc/ele/archon I pop static flux/static discharge/intensify elements/gocb hit flash freeze lighting storm and after my second lightning field im dead because ive pulled aggro. I cant do this or wont do it anymore unless I have intercept. Is there anyway around this ive looked everywhere and cant find anything. Are my tanks bad or do I just live with not being able to go full power. thx in advance.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Where the rump rests
    Posts
    135

    Default

    wait a good 30 seconds before you do that, or tell your tank to produce more aggro. i dont have any problem with aggro at all in instances.
    Proper Grammar isnt hard to use, so please at least use proper punctuation, since its the only difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse; and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Dont go full out 0.5 seconds after the tank has pulled

  4. #4
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    Is my thinking wrong that I shouldnt blow all my cds at once? With the burning powerstones Im sitting close to 1500 sp, with my gocb [130sp/30sec] and raid buffs puts me at around 1700sp. So in my sc/ele/archon I pop static flux/static discharge/intensify elements/gocb hit flash freeze lighting storm and after my second lightning field im dead because ive pulled aggro. I cant do this or wont do it anymore unless I have intercept. Is there anyway around this ive looked everywhere and cant find anything. Are my tanks bad or do I just live with not being able to go full power. thx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    Dont go full out 0.5 seconds after the tank has pulled
    im not, doesnt matter if I wait 10-15 secs the result is always the same.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    this is a raid setting, assuming trash, cool downs are hardly needed for trash in any instance unless you are looking for huge numbers just spam forked lightning and a lightning field, you can still pull 2k+ dps like that

    but other than that it could be your tank doesnt have great aoe threat and needs to improve a bit, but that still comes back on you to hold back of you keep pulling

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ominith View Post
    this is a raid setting, assuming trash, cool downs are hardly needed for trash in any instance unless you are looking for huge numbers just spam forked lightning and a lightning field, you can still pull 2k+ dps like that

    but other than that it could be your tank doesnt have great aoe threat and needs to improve a bit, but that still comes back on you to hold back of you keep pulling
    I was thinking more along the lines of we run gsb and ros back to back [90m +120m] so blowing through stuff quickly saves time anyway I think I got my answer. Hold Back!
    Last edited by synrgy; 08-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Symptom: Your trash AE rotation produces more AE agro than the tank can generate.

    Cause: Perhaps your 1500 Spell power is out-classing his gear threat-level.

    Solution: Modify your AE rotation to deal most of its damage towards the end of the pull.

    ie:

    Burning Ground, Hailstorm, Lightning Storm (full channel). SF, IE, SD, LF + FL spam.

    Hailstorm is really useful for its snare allowing the tank more time to react to agro loss.

    The LF that happens right after the end of your Lightning Storm is massive damage, and will pull agro off most under-geared tanks if you to it 10 seconds into the fight.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  8. #8
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Symptom: Your trash AE rotation produces more AE agro than the tank can generate.

    Cause: Perhaps your 1500 Spell power is out-classing his gear threat-level.

    Solution: Modify your AE rotation to deal most of its damage towards the end of the pull.

    ie:

    Burning Ground, Hailstorm, Lightning Storm (full channel). SF, IE, SD, LF + FL spam.

    Hailstorm is really useful for its snare allowing the tank more time to react to agro loss.

    The LF that happens right after the end of your Lightning Storm is massive damage, and will pull agro off most under-geared tanks if you to it 10 seconds into the fight.
    Thx didnt realize threat worked that way. Not sure I still fully understand how aggro is calculated because even though a power says "Forces the enemy to attack the warrior for 3 secs, why can you still pull off durimg that 3 seconds?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts