+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Doctrine of Loyalty vs Bard Healing

Telaran

Default Doctrine of Loyalty vs Bard Healing

If Doctrine of Loyalty is going to be 10 targets, AND smart target, AND instant cast (yes i know u have to have convictions, but I have yet to hear "im out of conviction"). Why is bards measly cadence healing 5 targets? and Coda of Restoration that takes 5 seconds to get to, yet doesn't heal no where near as much as Doctrine of Loyalty, not hit 10 targets? Yeah, you can argue that a bards job is to buff first, heal second. Why is it a dps clerics job to dps first and heal second and they dps for a lot, yet heal for 2x more than a bard.

Plane Touched

Maybe because not all classes are created equal? Or should be for that matter.

Telaran

Equal wasn't the term i'm looking for, the fact that bards are at the bottom of healing, bottom of dps, and they provide buffs.

Telaran

Idk, I know people say "dont play the class if you don't have fun", but i enjoy it to an extent, but get almost 0 satisfaction afterwards.

Plane Touched

"bard healing is fine" - trion

Soulwalker

The Bard Soul is just some random Buff B-itch, at least thats the way it feels. It can be replaced by an archon anytime with better dmg , healing and utility. The only unique and useful bard thing is the combat speedbuff, thats it. And to minimize bard damage and utility, keeping up buffs is a fulltime job. While an archon buffs once and maybe all ten minutes again, bards are constantly reapplying their stuff at the cost of damage/healing done.

Quote Originally Posted by dMULLz View Post
    If Doctrine of Loyalty is going to be 10 targets, AND smart target, AND instant cast (yes i know u have to have convictions, but I have yet to hear "im out of conviction"). Why is bards measly cadence healing 5 targets? and Coda of Restoration that takes 5 seconds to get to, yet doesn't heal no where near as much as Doctrine of Loyalty, not hit 10 targets? Yeah, you can argue that a bards job is to buff first, heal second. Why is it a dps clerics job to dps first and heal second and they dps for a lot, yet heal for 2x more than a bard.
    Out of Conviction and out of mana is real for cleric.
    Unlike cleric , bard can spam their heal endlessly.
    http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/y...-24_175221.jpg
    You can do a lot of dmg and heal with rogue.
    The only real downside is that bard need 20m range to do their work while cleric can fire off at 30m.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Sword of Telara

Bards do healing? o.O

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dMULLz View Post
    Cleric cookie cutter dps specs dont have DoL so its not cleric dps job to heal at all. Some people use justicar to be able to add some passive heals and DoL if needed but that is 100% their choice. They just happen to put some work into getting the dps with the rest of their points.

Try a hybrid bard build and you can get ur dps up and maybe higher heals when you heal. You just lose the mana/power regen buff and the int/mana buff and maybe the rez depending

bard is a support class with healing.
    justicar has no such buffs nor any debuffs.

that being said, I have seen a bard at the top of a total healing done in a warfront.... the day I ever find a justicar at the top of WF healing......
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

If you feel like you do an insignificant amount of raid healing in bard you are doing it wrong. Our guild bard routinely competes in raid healing charts. Sometimes he is even top. If you gear correctly, and play it correctly a bard is a significant raid wide healing and DPS increase. Bards are fine, you are just bad at it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    If you feel like you do an insignificant amount of raid healing in bard you are doing it wrong. Our guild bard routinely competes in raid healing charts. Sometimes he is even top. If you gear correctly, and play it correctly a bard is a significant raid wide healing and DPS increase. Bards are fine, you are just bad at it.
    Agreed. I don't think enough people really know how to effectively maximize their healing as a bard. I've seen some flat out sick hps coming from good bards in raids.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post

that being said, I have seen a bard at the top of a total healing done in a warfront.... the day I ever find a justicar at the top of WF healing......
    Not too hard to do when you run against a Cabalist group

I did a WF (Escalation WhiteFall) and did 100k Damage and 100k healing. 2nd or 3rd damage and 1st healing.
    Rallick - HE Cleric

Plane Walker

Playing my bard during raids is like soaking my nuts in ice water. I went so far as to change out nearly all my crit for AP so that I could bring something to raids besides something I could easily macro and go afk on. And the net result was I still felt like soaking my nuts in ice water. I wasn't enjoying the game. I rerolled I now raid with my Cleric and what I do feels more meaningful. If what Trion was trying to do was to get people to give up on Bards job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post

http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/y...-19_203227.jpg
    Er what are you saying again?
    Just say it is possible to get top heal and dmg given the right chance and group setup and I not even R6.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidbs View Post
    Agreed. I don't think enough people really know how to effectively maximize their healing as a bard. I've seen some flat out sick hps coming from good bards in raids.
    It is possible for bard to get up high heal in PvE ,PvP raid. But if he is posting high hps, he is not doing his main job in buffing, debuffing(just saying)
    Last edited by Wawer; 08-16-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast