+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What kinds os "Class-resources" Rift have?

Default What kinds os "Class-resources" Rift have?

So the question his what kind of "resources" classes use in Rift?
    Is it old fashion way, everyone have mana?
    Is it something like wow?
    or Maybe Stamina for meele and mana for casters?

I think it's Warrior / Rogue = energy (like stamina or wow rogue energy)
    Mage / Cleric = mana

Quote Originally Posted by Xilith View Post
    I think it's Warrior / Rogue = energy (like stamina or wow rogue energy)
    Mage / Cleric = mana
    This is my interpretation.

Melee dps on some sort of energy information
    &
    Ranged dps/healers on some sort of equivilant of Mana.

"Class resources"...it always seemed unique. But it is kinda the same thing.

Always kinda wondered how a system worked where instead of having mechanics to keep you from spamming buttons, the mechanics want you to wait longer inbetween using abilities in combat.

Clerics have the regular mana system

Rogues have a combo system in place of any real resource management

Mages have some kind of power buildup mechanic

no clue on the Warriors.

Warriors: Endurance

"A Warrior knows that the key to victory is to outlast one’s foe, carefully waiting for the opportune moment to mount a devastating assault. To this end, Warriors will spend decades training their bodies, building up a reservoir of power to see them through any fight."

Rogues: Energy

"An expert at hit-and-run tactics, a Rogue relies on quick bursts of energy to fuel dazzling combination attacks that cripple and maim, leaving opponents open for lethal finishing maneuvers."

Cleric: Mana

"Clerics fuel their spells with the arcane energy known as mana. Granted by their patron deity, a Cleric’s pool of mana is not limitless and must be carefully managed, lest the Cleric deplete his reserves in a crisis."

Mages: Arcane power

"A Mage must carefully manage the arcane energies they draw from the planes to power their spells. With each spell cast, excess planar energies seep into Telara, building a charge around the Mage, who can let this excess energy bleed off over time, or harness it for even greater power."

Quotes are taking from the class page on the main site.

There was something I read too (can't remember from where) that stated each class had their own special mechanic as well so weather this is gathering "holy power" or something like that to make attacks stronger I do not know.

I had not thought of this yet, good to hear, got so used to using mana for my characters (pally eq2 and shammy wow) or some odd resource (runes for my dk in wow) I hadnt given this any thought, wonder how its gonna regen in combat, something to look forward to

It seems that each calling has it's own unique ressources system, but what I am really wondering is how different each of the souls within a calling are.

Does an Assassin play differently then a Blade Dancer, or a RiftStalker, or Ranger?...or it is like EQ2 where pretty much all rogues play almost the same with different name on abilities.

I hope each souls adds a unique type of mechanic to use on top of it's calling mechanic...and end up being a somewhat unique gameplay experience.

High Elf
    Wisdom of Ages: Increases mana, charge, energy, power regeneration for 15 seconds. 5 minute cooldown.
    That's from the racial abilities that I read off of the rift pod cast site. I know it's in the forums somewhere but anyway.
    Looks like it's mana, charge, energy and power.

I am assuming that mana is for clerics, charge is for mages, energy is for rogues and power is for warriors.
    But who knows, they might turn the world upside down on us! :P

+ Reply to Thread