+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The real solution to all the OP claims.

Banned

Default The real solution to all the OP claims.

The solution is for the developers to actually play the game they develop. And i'm not talking about on a test server with premades against premades (or however they would likely do it). I'm talking about devs actually leveling up toons on a real live server and pvp'ng with them in pug WF's.

If they just read all the QQ posts and are reacting based solely on those, they will never get it right. If they all played every class in the game with a focus on achieving a fair, balanced and enjoyable pvp gaming experience, then they have a chance to get it right.

And the premade vs. pug BS has GOT to go.

Devs, in case you aren't aware, all it takes to get a premade up against pugs is a 3-2-1 queue. I've already posted the solution for you, which is a server & guild representation limit on teams in pug WF's.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 08-14-2011 at 07:06 PM.

So basically in a group game, doing group PvP you would like to see all classes balanced for scrubs like you only instead of being balanced for group play? You do realise that no developer in their right mind would ever balance a PvP game like that.

Have you any idea how much that would break balance if every single class was self sufficient and able take on every possible class/calling combination without help? And premades would still dominate in that situation because a coordinated group will always beat a bunch of solo heroes.

If you want a disorganised mess for PvP where you can run solo to youe hearts content with random zergers, stop queuing Warfronts and do open world PvP. It's a simple solution. Don't force your refusal to join a group when taking part in group PvP on everyone else. Limiting the number of people from the same server or even GUILD that can appear in a warfront is just moronic and noone in thier right mind would think that it's a good idea.

Separate queues for Groups and solo players are what will work best. Screwing over organised groups because you're a scrub who whines because the game isn't how you like it is just not going to work.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lilisette View Post
    So basically in a group game, doing group PvP you would like to see all classes balanced for scrubs like you only instead of being balanced for group play? You do realise that no developer in their right mind would ever balance a PvP game like that.

Have you any idea how much that would break balance if every single class was self sufficient and able take on every possible class/calling combination without help? And premades would still dominate in that situation because a coordinated group will always beat a bunch of solo heroes.

If you want a disorganised mess for PvP where you can run solo to youe hearts content with random zergers, stop queuing Warfronts and do open world PvP. It's a simple solution. Don't force your refusal to join a group when taking part in group PvP on everyone else. Limiting the number of people from the same server or even GUILD that can appear in a warfront is just moronic and noone in thier right mind would think that it's a good idea.

Separate queues for Groups and solo players are what will work best. Screwing over organised groups because you're a scrub who whines because the game isn't how you like it is just not going to work.
    go smoke a cigarette bra. you got anger issues. all i'm saying is the devs need to play the game to know what to do for balance. not listen to all the forum QQ and base their actions on that.

and yes, i'd prefer my pug not face your premade, which YOU can't win without, otherwise YOU wouldn't run premades.

Banned

furthermore, you obviously didn't read everything in my post. i never said anything about limiting organized groups in ALL WF's, just said premades shouldn't be up against pugs and if 15 people in a guild all solo queue, they should be classified as pugs and thus be limited to a certain small number in a WF.

You wanna run your premade? I got no problem with it. Stop 3-2-1 solo queueing and queue as a group. Flame on. I won't be reading this thread anymore. It was for the devs to read and it should probably be closed since you want it to be a flame fest.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 08-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    The solution is for the developers to actually play the game they develop. And i'm not talking about on a test server with premades against premades (or however they would likely do it). I'm talking about devs actually leveling up toons on a real live server and pvp'ng with them in pug WF's.

If they just read all the QQ posts and are reacting based solely on those, they will never get it right. If they all played every class in the game with a focus on achieving a fair, balanced and enjoyable pvp gaming experience, then they have a chance to get it right.

And the premade vs. pug BS has GOT to go.

Devs, in case you aren't aware, all it takes to get a premade up against pugs is a 3-2-1 queue. I've already posted the solution for you, which is a server & guild representation limit on teams in pug WF's.
    You are a tool. So you have been sitting in Trion meetings and you have heard that they are Nerfing because of the QQing? It is good to know we have a person with true first hand info on why and how Trion makes their decisions.

Get a grip. You THINK that is why it happened, but really know ****. This is a multi-million dollar company, they don't do anything without analyizing it first and weighing the pros and cons for weeks. This may be a game to you but it is a business to Trion. One that supports peoples families and pays for their homes. They don't hap haphazardly change things on a whim. These changes were most likely on a schedule of things to be worked on weeks before 1.3 even went to the PTR.
    Last edited by Raduk; 08-15-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raduk View Post
    This is a multi-million dollar company, they don't do anything without analyizing it first and weighing the pros and cons for weeks.
    Oh Raduk, you almost got me there.

What a cheerful way to start the morning.

Telaran

You are a tool. So you have been sitting in Trion meetings and you have heard that they are Nerfing because of the QQing? It is good to know we have a person with true first hand info on why and how Trion makes their decisions.

Get a grip. You THINK that is why it happened, but really know ****. This is a multi-million dollar company, they don't do anything without analyizing it first and weighing the pros and cons for weeks. This may be a game to you but it is a business to Trion. One that supports peoples families and pays for their homes. They don't hap haphazardly change things on a whim. These changes were most likely on a schedule of things to be worked on weeks before 1.3 even went to the PTR.
    Sorry I can't take this seriously, I just can't.

Rift Chaser

This is probably more right than most. Unfortunately, there's usually a lot of breakdown in communication between tester, developer, and the real decision makers who do neither.

Ignoring OP, BTW. Far too proud of his ignorance to bother with a proper response.

Plane Walker

I would prefer they don't waste their time playing this game ESPECIALLY about pvp balance.

It will never be balanced so get over it already.

Soulwalker

Rift isn't solely a PVP, its supposed to be a PVE game

Quote Originally Posted by sieya86 View Post
    Rift isn't solely a PVP, its supposed to be a PVE game
    If it's supposed to be a PVE game then why have pvp in it?
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

Rift Disciple

Where have you been for the last 4 months?
    My advice for Trion is to move R7-8 into their own league. A R8 warrior/Rogue hitting a r1-r6 Cleric is equivalent to Mike Tyson beating up kids outside an orphanage. Its just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxer View Post
    If it's supposed to be a PVE game then why have pvp in it?
    Why do you think?

A game can have both, but PVP almost always ends up causing nerfs to classes that effect not only those who PVP but those who never do.

And as for companies imposing nerfs based on forum QQ'ing, it's happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataenelas View Post
    Why do you think?

A game can have both, but PVP almost always ends up causing nerfs to classes that effect not only those who PVP but those who never do.

And as for companies imposing nerfs based on forum QQ'ing, it's happened before.
    I am not saying it can't have both and I do agree with what you said about pvp causing nerfs to classes, as far as the imposing nerfs due to qq's ...well look at what happen to para/champs. It makes me sad when stuff like that happens.
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    go smoke a cigarette bra. you got anger issues. all i'm saying is the devs need to play the game to know what to do for balance. not listen to all the forum QQ and base their actions on that.

and yes, i'd prefer my pug not face your premade, which YOU can't win without, otherwise YOU wouldn't run premades.
    So I play a team game with a team against other teams so I instantly suck? Are you also saying that everyone who plays any sort of team game while in a team in also has no skill? I'd love to see you saying that to people who play team sports. Maybe that should now also be an excuse for warfare now too. I lost a battle because the other side had no skill because they used tactics, teamwork and coordination instead of running around like headless chickens.

I had no idea that I'm suddenly playing Rambo Online. Does that mean that my bow fires explosive arrows now?

No sane developer would balance a game for random vs random. If you aren't working with your group in a team game then you're going to be doing nothing more than feeding the other team.

And I would say that Trion do playtest their patches given how quickly hotpatches come out when the effect they didn't want happens. Why would a they blindly rush something untested out?

And that developers are stupid enough to listen to forum whine? Nerfs happen for a reason and not because the devs hate your class. if your flavour of the month class got nerfed then stop whining and adapt to it. RiftBard, my favourite PvP spec for a while took a huge nerf in the blanket PvP healing nerf but do you see me complaining? I switched to fulltime MM51/INF15 and reworked my Bard spec, and while it's not as powerful as it was, I'm pretty happy with it.

Sounds to me like you're just a bad Warrior who loved to run in PUGs because it means you could curb stomp other PUGs with your one I win button, then whined when you came up against actual teams who worked together to pick off the important targets together and work together to win a Warfront.

If you want to win Warfronts solo, go play Warhammer Online a roll a Slayer, Knight, Chosen or Marauder, or go play WoW and roll a Frost Mage or Feral Druid. I personally like how Rift is at the moment and while I would like to see certain souls tuned up or tuned down, group vs group play is very balanced and fun at the moment (Unless you're a Cleric, thanks to FoTM Cabalists they tend to get focused fired by the entire opposite team within seconds of being spotted).
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast