+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rogue vs Warrior?

Default Rogue vs Warrior?

Oi!

I'm quite a new player (level 42 cleric), was thinking about an alt, since my cleric is 95% for guild heals.
    I was looking for a main class, and checked the forums and google etc.
    Weirdly enough all Warriors say rogue's are OP and kill them in 1v1 and rogues complain about warriors killing them due to low survivability.

Was looking for wich class suits me more, I love archers, but heard their quite crappy in pvp. (Mainly pvping) Also loving Ninja/assasin types, but low survivability. Then I looked at warriors, saw some vids on youtube about 1600+ dps, impressed the hell outa me!
    And if I chose warrior I can only pick between 2 (not counting beastmaster) dps classes or tanks.
    And for Rogues I can pick Archers, Assasin types, Tank, Saboteur, and even a heal/buffer. Alot of choices, loving it.

So my question is; Wich class is the most dps/survivability ratio? I mainly like to focus on dps, since I love to pvp alot. Ofcourse I know due to alot of patches i'd get ****ed alot, but meh, I'll pick one class/talent and stick to it.

Thanks for all your advices/responces !

Any class is able to do 1600+ in a raid setting. Choose which one you like best.

Warrior's pull a tad bit more dps, but rogue's have more survivability (Cooldowns + Armor doesn't do a thing in RIFT)
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-14-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Ascendant

For PvE warriors are better in every way than rogues. They do more DPS and are better tanks. They also have the best raid buff available. Also bard is boring, but for raids you do need one.

For PvP both classes will work. I find warriors incredibly annoying as they often will charge+stun me and I'll die before the stun wears off. If I get the drop on them, I'll grind them down to almost dead and they'll hit their full heal and I'll die before I can kill them again.

If I was rolling a new character, I'd be picking warrior at this point in time.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    For PvE warriors are better in every way than rogues. They do more DPS and are better tanks. They also have the best raid buff available. Also bard is boring, but for raids you do need one.

For PvP both classes will work. I find warriors incredibly annoying as they often will charge+stun me and I'll die before the stun wears off. If I get the drop on them, I'll grind them down to almost dead and they'll hit their full heal and I'll die before I can kill them again.

If I was rolling a new character, I'd be picking warrior at this point in time.
    Your first statement is false...Rogue's don't need a full source machine for resist. And are better at Situational fight's. Yes..Spotter's order's is the best. So is not having to heal the rogue 75% more than a warrior.

Second, Rogue's are better in PvP due to the last nerf.

3rd, Please roll a character. you'll be done with him in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-14-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Go rogue if your looking for PvP, None of their damage has been reduced to ridiculous levels for pvp

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Your first statement is false...Rogue's don't need a full source machine for resist. And are better at Situational fight's. Yes..Spotter's order's is the best. So is not having to heal the rogue 75% more than a warrior.

Second, Rogue's are better in PvP due to the last nerf.

3rd, Please roll a character. you'll be done with him in 2 weeks.
    Warriors can spec to have about the same or betetr magical mitigaiton than rogues. The only tanks that need a full resist source machine are clerics. The only tanks that don't have one anyway are bads.

If you're having to heal the warrior for 75% more than your rogue, you need to guild kick the warrior and get one that doesn't lick windows. Warriors are the best tanks for every fight in this game at present.

I don't really PvP, I'm a massive rank 2, so I'm sure you know more about that side of the game than I do.

I did reroll a warrior because I want to tank, and Rogues simply can't tank some of the new content. That warrior is now level 7 after almost 3 weeks. I can't stand how slow it feels. Rogue tanking is alot more involved with more buttons to push. I prefer it.

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Warriors are much better than rogues for PvE and PvP, in PvE it's the best single target dps. And for PvP warriors with supports ( heals ) are killing machines. Rogues have no such specs with:

- that much dps
    - cc
    - anti cc
    - mobility
    - survivability
    Last edited by Glide; 08-14-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Warriors can spec to have about the same or betetr magical mitigaiton than rogues. The only tanks that need a full resist source machine are clerics. The only tanks that don't have one anyway are bads.

I don't really PvP, I'm a massive rank 2, so I'm sure you know more about that side of the game than I do.

I did reroll a warrior because I want to tank, and Rogues simply can't tank some of the new content. That warrior is now level 7 after almost 3 weeks. I can't stand how slow it feels. Rogue tanking is alot more involved with more buttons to push. I prefer it.
    1. Cleric's and warrior's need source machine's for extreme amount's of damage. They both get 2 shot On greenscale without more than 32 Resist (1 resist = 4 endurance)

2. I do PvP alot. 2 Rank 5's.

3. Don't PvP on your warrior. Warrior's...God I hate leveling them

4. I use plenty of button's as tanking..Ton's of "oh ****" and threat button's, as for my plant duty spec, not so much..

Quote Originally Posted by Glide View Post
    Warriors are much better than rogues for PvE and PvP, in PvE it's the best single target dps. And for PvP warriors with supports ( heals ) are killing machines. Rogues have no such specs with:

- that much dps
    - cc
    - anti cc
    - mobility
    - survivability
    You haven't visited the Warrior class forum's/PvP forums yet, have you?

Warrior barely passes rogue's on dps...In fact a good geared rogue will always beat them, our rogue in rank 7/6 (Not 8) PvP gear does 2400 Filtered on Plutonus...Our warriors do 2k~

Every class has Anti-cc, are you saying warrior is the only class with a stun break? Your wrong. or level 3.
    Mobilty..lmfao. You just made me change my pant's. Roll marksman, and when our 2 gapclosers are finished, then say we have mobilty.

Survivability - Armor means nothing in this game, unless your tanking.

Prophet of Telara

Pretty even atm.

Warriors do slightly more dps in PVE(less than 100 difference here)

Warriors do quite a bit more dmg(even after 1.4) in pvp and have way more surviveability, but rogues are better at your specialized roles(killing individual targets, harassing capture points, running stones).

Overall I'd say it's fairly balanced atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    You haven't visited the Warrior class forum's/PvP forums yet, have you?

Warrior barely passes rogue's on dps...In fact a good geared rogue will always beat them, our rogue in rank 7/6 (Not 8) PvP gear does 2400 Filtered on Plutonus...Our warriors do 2k~

Every class has Anti-cc, are you saying warrior is the only class with a stun break? Your wrong. or level 3.
    Mobilty..lmfao. You just made me change my pant's. Roll marksman, and when our 2 gapclosers are finished, then say we have mobilty.

Survivability - Armor means nothing in this game, unless your tanking.
    I think you just don't know the game, take a warrior + healer and a rogues + healer and let's see who's better. Rogues are doing absolutly no dps in PvP, the only thing where they're good at is killing solo target with bleeds or NB cd's. Once the burst is over you have nothing left where the war is able to pull a constant dps during the fight.
    What warriors have for survivability :

- more HP
    - more AF ( against rogue it makes a big difference )
    - a very good parry buff

I'm not even talking about those shield / sword spec with high survivability and medium dps. If I was playing warrior in PvP I would kill more ppl than I do with my rogue.

P.S: I'd like to see a 2k4 dps parse on pluto btw
    Last edited by Glide; 08-14-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide View Post

- more HP
    - more AF ( against rogue it makes a big difference )
    - a very good parry buff

I'm not even talking about those shield / sword spec with high survivability and medium dps. If I was playing warrior in PvP I would kill more ppl than I do with my rogue.

P.S: I'd like to see a 2k4 dps parse on pluto btw
    Paragon is crap now incase you negated what I said and haven't visited the warrior forum's. Nobody uses paragon. and the parry buff is now unused. whooo every minute 5 seconds.

Parse:[ Name] ******* Time: 05:03 % Done: 11% Damage done: 664,105 DPS: 2,412.56 EncDPS: 2,378.26 Healed: 564 EncHPS: 1.83 Damage taken: 67,542 Deaths: 0

And the top overall dps for Pluto was...

Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Warrior,Mage,Warrior. Top 6. :I
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-14-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Ascendant

Tell your warriors to stop licking windows. <3

Tell your warriors to stop licking windows. <3
    Oooh shush, we both did 1700~ and were using 2hers. (pre buff btw) (((
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-15-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Where is the love for Rogue tanks? I think more often than not we do a better job than warriors (if you used the right souls), I've been on a few runs where I've changed from dps to tank as the warriors can't hold mobs and falls too fast. Think you all have to admit that a 51rs has massive survivability, all we have to do is stalk and we have buffs like 5k shield 15%inc on crits, if you use them in rotation you can keep them up for the full fight. We have 2 finishers that reduce dmg by 40% and that put another 3k shield, not to mention we can reduce their dmg and still stun them AND heal on kills.

As for dps for mobs I went with 51nb (15 rs to get rift scavenger and attack power boost) and that seems to take them down no problems, plus when it comes to PVP I can root and dmg other players plus become immune to all dmg for 9 seconds, may not sound like a lot but itís always enough to put the last finisher on them. (did I also mention that nb has a weapon buff that can reduce healing received by 50%)

no doubt people are going to go against what I've just said but I have a lvl 50 warrior and I know which one I would put for both tanking and PVP dps

So what I hear is warriors do more damage in PvE and PvP, but Rogues are more survivable? (Eventhough they have less armor, more passives/active buffs?)

Also, everyone keeps telling; Warriors pwn if they have pocket healers.
    i was actually wondering about 1v1's, no healers involved etc .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast