+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Shurien

Thread: Nerf the "____" Buff the "_____"... Exactly what?

Telaran

Default Nerf the "____" Buff the "_____"... Exactly what?

Newcomer here.
    Been stalking the forums for approximately 30 minutes now and I've already read a lot of posts saying NERF THE (Insert class name... Except for Rogues, don't see much complaint for those in 30 minutes... SO I gotta make a complaint! NERF ASSASSIN STUN! There! List complete.)

Okay, ZE'POINT:

I see a lot of Nerf this and Buff that and Nerf the Warrior and Buff the mage or nerf the whatever... But what exactly do you guys want nerfed? All you say is "WE GET ONE HITTED BY MAGES ALL THE TIME!!!" ... Well I'm plenty certain it's not a necromancers Necrosis you're being one hit by, what's killing you? What's the reason that skill does that? Is there a long build up making it pay off or is it just a lazy instant one hit?
    For people who can't identify what kills them they have no right to shout "NERF THE CLASS THAT KILLED MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" rather they should specify WHAT killed you and if they can't then they simply don't know any better or they don't have a constructive solution to the problem in which case they should ****... People are screaming NERF left and right all the time but they don't specify the problem so Trion has no idea what they want nerfed exactly.

I really hope Trion doesn't read these cry threads around the forums, for obvious reasons.

Telaran

30 minutes is all it takes go to each class forum and the front page is filled with "You changed <spell> **** you trion I'm quitting" Honestly some changes do make little sense but all I see on forums now is crying go to mmo champion filled with the same idiots

Yes I'm also re rolling lol

Most of the people you see saying nerf this nerf that don't really care what it is that killed them, they just look at the class that killed them and say nerf it, it killed me. Which a lot of the time (atleast from my own experience) the person they died to was either better than them or their opposite. They wont accept the fact that they died so they come up with "the only reason i died was because that class is op and mine is up".

And before anybody jumps on me saying there's good reasons to nerf this and that, I'm not saying there's not a good reason to nerf something, I'm simply saying most (not all) people Ive seen have that as a reason.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Nerf the oaks, buff the maples.
    I'm a Rogue, not a Rouge......Though it does bring out my cheekbones.

Ansari - 50 Defiant Rogue
    Estrael

My only complaint as a non-PvP'er is that when the PvP'ers QQ about that oh so evil one shot, I take hits on spells that I thought were working just dandy. Leave me alone! I am working as intended!. =P
    Last edited by Nymeriah; 08-14-2011 at 07:11 AM.

That's because Trion opresses the NPCs and deleted their forum accounts. You just wait until they get their access back, they'll flood the forums with complaint posts.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ansari View Post
    Approved... Only message that makes sense all day.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ansari View Post
    You noob, Oak is fine. Birch is god damn OP though.
    Last edited by Diablo333911; 08-14-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Buff the Bulbasaur, nerf the Charmander!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Most of the people you see saying nerf this nerf that don't really care what it is that killed them, they just look at the class that killed them and say nerf it, it killed me. Which a lot of the time (atleast from my own experience) the person they died to was either better than them or their opposite. They wont accept the fact that they died so they come up with "the only reason i died was because that class is op and mine is up".

And before anybody jumps on me saying there's good reasons to nerf this and that, I'm not saying there's not a good reason to nerf something, I'm simply saying most (not all) people Ive seen have that as a reason.
    Right, most of the complaints about class balance are knee-jerk and unfounded....especially, given that Trion has made significant, sweeping changes to EVERY soul, and the Cleric forums and read posts going back to beta asking for dps to be competitive with other souls...complaints based on parses, and people who have done dozens and dozens of raids....sure, these must just be ill-founded, knee-jerk gripes....
    Last edited by Madmortigan; 08-18-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    My advice for Trion is to move R7-8 into their own league. A R8 warrior/Rogue hitting a r1-r6 Cleric is equivalent to Mike Tyson beating up kids outside an orphanage. Its just sad.

+ Reply to Thread