+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current form of PvP "Balancing" is inherently flawed.

Default Current form of PvP "Balancing" is inherently flawed.

This refers to every PvP based ability that has taken a % off the top nerf.

For simplicity use Rift Fury 5/5 +50%. If you simply take 10% off the top players are still forced to spend 5/5 in this talent yet you have nullified 2 of the talent points spent. If this trend continues players will be spending 66 points but actually getting 56 points worth.

I find the soul system in this game to be it's most appealing aspect and it seems to be going in a simplified path for PvP. Maybe I'm weird, Ive never been interested in a 51 PvP build because I don't like wasting talent points.

Simply change increment value giving players a choice. IE 4/5 Rfit Fury in 44 spec would still yeild 40%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eggo View Post

For simplicity use Rift Fury 5/5 +50%. If you simply take 10% off the top players are still forced to spend 5/5 in this talent yet you have nullified 2 of the talent points spent. If this trend continues players will be spending 66 points but actually getting 56 points worth.

I find the soul system in this game to be it's most appealing aspect and it seems to be going in a simplified path for PvP. Maybe I'm weird, Ive never been interested in a 51 PvP build because I don't like wasting talent points.

Simply change increment value giving players a choice. IE 4/5 Rfit Fury in 44 spec would still yeild 40%
    Some builds aren't meant to use all 51 points in a soul for pvp. Some are. Look at rogue marksmen. You might think you're wasting points going to 51 but then BAM, look at the benefit. 30% damage increase. No amount of points in another tree will compete with that in terms of raw damage output. Not to mention all the survivability and utility talents you get for speccing that way that you would otherwise not have.

Again, not all pvp builds are meant to be that way. But some most certainly are.

Sword of Telara

The nerf pendulum is in full swing. It flies from one extreme to the other, and slices through whatever callings are in the way.

I really wish they would use smaller incremental changes instead of nerfing an ability, then nerfing the % modifiers, then nerfing the % modifier buffs we cast.

Imagine how much of this could have been avoided if they had done away with the massive % scaling talents that warriors have, and given us useful AP scaling?

for specing all the way to 51, cleric cabbalist get an ability that lowers their damage by 40% in pvp.........
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eggo View Post

The thinking that things can be balanced in PvP in an mmo is flawed. The only way you can balance PvP is to give everyone 2 skills ranged attack and melee attack have ranged hits do 1 point and melee hits do two and give everyone 10 hitpoints and both those skills. There, balanace has been achieved. Otherwise it will never happen. It has not happened in the 15 or so PvP mmos I have played and it hasn't happened in any one I have heard of. Anyone who thinks it was balanced in a MMO they played were most likely playing the OP class.

+ Reply to Thread