+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help wityh picking a main tanking class.

Telaran

Default Help wityh picking a main tanking class.

So i have a 48 cleric that i do enjoy tanking on and a 43 warrior i enjoy at times as well, but waiting o my energy bar sucks my cleric pretty much stays full.

tried with my 42 rogue as well but way to much work trying to keep track of all the buffs, sure i did it we didnt wipe and finished fast just to much focus on buffs that it was lacking.

So just how bad does a cleric tank end game stuff compared to a warrior?

and does a warrior need to use sevral builds to do it while the cleric does just the 1?

Plane Walker

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beil View Post
    look at the recruitment forum
    look at the guilds doing endgame raids
    look at how many are looking for cleric tanks

exactly.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Beil View Post

and does a warrior need to use sevral builds to do it while the cleric does just the 1?
    It is not that the cleric tank is "bad" and the warrior tank is "good". It is that the warrior tank simply has more options than the cleric tank has and therefore for any one specific fight in general a warrior tank will be able to customize his build to deal with that particular fight easier, simply because he has more options. Does this mean that a cleric tank cannot tank every single encounter in the game today, no. Does this mean that a warrior tank will in general have an easier time tanking most encounters in the game today, yes. A player who wants to use his one character to main tank every raid encounter in the game will in general have more success as a warrior than a cleric simply because he has more options. But like I said to begin with it does not mean that a cleric tank cannot tank it all. But it will be up to the player and the people he plays with to determine if he can. There is more than one way to play this game, but most people are not willing to play it differently. It is easier to play it the same way they have been playing every other MMO. Use this build, get this gear, do the fight this way and we will win, because that is what worked for them.

Rift Disciple

my cleric is only level 35 and i love the playstile. but as a mage i actually find, that when healing pug tanks clerics are the easiest to heal. i dont know if its because they take more healing, but unless the warrior or rogue is raid geared, i find clerics easier to heal.

dont go with the the masses say, go with whichever you enjoy most. because YOU are paying to play YOU character the way YOU want to. if people want you to play a warrior tank, tell em to pay you 25$ a month(15 for sub, and 10 for actually playing) or ****.
    Proper Grammar isnt hard to use, so please at least use proper punctuation, since its the only difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse; and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kifimbo View Post
    dont go with the the masses say, go with whichever you enjoy most. because YOU are paying to play YOU character the way YOU want to. if people want you to play a warrior tank, tell em to pay you 25$ a month(15 for sub, and 10 for actually playing) or ****.
    That isnt the way things work. It means guilds just dont take him on raids. In raiding guilds you play the way you are needed to play, if you arent effective in the way you want to play you have the change and adapt. If you are not willing to change, you dont go.

If he wants to be the best tank he can be, he wants to be a warrior. Things are subject to change, and drastically at that. One thing has been pretty damned consistent since the game came out though: warriors are the best at what they do, if warriors are not currently the best at what they do the game will be changed to make them the best at it again.

Warriors are better tanks. Tanking as a Warrior is more likely to get people to want you to tank, unless you're bad. Clerics are good for tanking some things. Warriors are good for tanking everything.

+ Reply to Thread