+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bard

Default Bard

Ok, so we've gotten another bard teaser...

The only thing we *know* is that it falls under the Rogue Calling.

Let's speculate:
    I'm thinking it's one of those level 30 souls and not one available early, which means that it will not really have any different mechanic than any other class because imo that would be ridiculously complex for the devs to do.
    Ooh, I just realized that I may be too optimistic and that it may be a throwaway social soul, although being under a calling there is still hope.

What are you thinking?

Music Melee Lute Smash!!!

Telaran

They should copy&paste Vanguard's bard.

This would be win.

If you haven't played Vanguard or haven't played the bard in vanguard, look up the details of the song composition and tell me that's not the coolest design ever put into a class.

I am stoked about even the name Bard is in game, I am very curious to how it works and even if it will have an instrument of any kind, bards where by far the best utility class in Vanguard, lets hope they walk this same road here in Rift

Interesting thought about Bard being a social soul but I'm hoping it's a calling within Rogue. I agree that the historical mechanic of the Bard isn't an "entry level" mechanic so it could end up as a heroic soul. I see potential for a hybrid damage/healing/buffing rogue that would be a lot of fun to play - maybe something akin to Aion's chanter.

Default Bards FTW!

Let me just be the first to say..

"Bards are OP and should be banned!"

LOL.. j/k but you know that's what they say. They belly-ach if their DPS is too high, they complain if they run too fast, etc.. I raided a dirge in EQ2 for years, and ran a bard in VG for a while, but he was mostly a crafter. I'll most likely run one again here though as it seems like they never have a problem finding groups to run with and are just plain cool!

Sounds promising =D

Soulwalker

I would love love LOVE to see the Bard--versatile, tricksy and twisty, able to support the group and do decent damage at the same time. Oh yes-- the Bard is and always will be my favorite class to play.

Sonnatta
    Former EQ and VG bard

Mysteri,Inquisitor,Antonia Bayle,EQ2
    Sonnatta,Bard,Seradon,VG

Ranger bard travels the world with his dog companion, playing songs at random moments thats all I want

I'm curious what the bard's "thing" will be... Maybe they will lull the enemies to sleep with a flute...

yup... we have bards - as a class/soul

but if u think a little, the class "bard" should be integrated in one of the two factions.

so the questions that is pops in my mind is: "what about the other faction? what is the opossing class (factionwise) of the bard class?"

*sry if this was already brought up in another thread, but i need to know

I hope they stick to the Vanguard bard as much as possible - best bard class I ever played!
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

If a Nightblade/Bard decides to bust out a tune while in stealth, won't his cover be blown? /ponder

I am really curious to see what do Devs got in stock for us. Bard seems like it might be a huge win, or a dissaster, however I think it will be a win, as its Trion... Look at rest of the classes, they are LEGENDARY!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioku View Post
    yup... we have bards - as a class/soul

but if u think a little, the class "bard" should be integrated in one of the two factions.

so the questions that is pops in my mind is: "what about the other faction? what is the opossing class (factionwise) of the bard class?"

*sry if this was already brought up in another thread, but i need to know
    None of the classes are faction-restricted. Some may be available at different levels depending on faction but by level 30 they will all be available to both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast