+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dear whoever deals with class balancing.

Default Dear whoever deals with class balancing.

Henceforth known as "You".

It would greatly behoove you to stop nerfing every class in existance, and start buffing classes to compensate for any imbalances. Nerfing is finite. It leads to one place and one place only. Buffing is infinite, limited only by your talent and imagination.

Stop nerfing. Nerfing is not the way.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Telaran

It's a hell of a lot easier to nerf one class than to buff 3 of one is OP...

nerf warriors MOAR

One day they will figure it out..

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    AND STOP MAKING THREADS, I THOUGHT YOU QUIT. <3
    Not yet, I've payed for another 50 some odd days, and by gum, I'm going to get my monies worth if it kills me.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Servy View Post
    It's a hell of a lot easier to nerf one class than to buff 3 of one is OP...
    I understand this concept, but some things are worth a little extra effort dontcha think?

Plane Touched

If they buff everything they will essentially have to redesign the game. Encounters will become too easy and it lead to massive balancing changes needing to be done for the ENTIRE game. Much easy to nerf one imbalanced skill then rebalance the entire game around it.

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all. All changes are relative. Nerfing one skill is much easier than buffing every class to be on par with one unbalance skill and THEN re-balancing all CONTENT in the game around the newly buffed classes and OP skill.

Which makes more sense to you? Nerf one skill or change the entire game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogus View Post
    If they buff everything they will essentially have to redesign the game. Encounters will become too easy and it lead to massive balancing changes needing to be done for the ENTIRE game. Much easy to nerf one imbalanced skill then rebalance the entire game around it.

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all. All changes are relative. Nerfing one skill is much easier than buffing every class to be on par with one unbalance skill and THEN re-balancing all CONTENT in the game around the newly buffed classes and OP skill.

If it was only one skill they had nerfed, nerfing that one skill would be the thing to do. Since launch, howevr, they've taken the nerf bat to at least several skills in each soul. So if every soul was at one point, OP, then nerfing them makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogus View Post

I don't think I've ever seen them nerf ONE skill.? They nerfed literally all of warrior souls, and I think it was.. 4 spells in Cabalist. Buffs, and ect. I think the only thing that they didn't touch, was BM. And who uses that in PvP.

Also, You talk about redesigning the game...How would that cause them to redesign the game cause everything would be easy, are you saying Having classes be balanced vs 2 Classes being out damaged and outhealed by the others constantly being normal and thus not causing them to redesign the game?

If so, thats Trion's mistake. Not the people that play the nerfed classes.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rift Chaser

There are many reasons why you nerf instead of buff everything else, a lot of it has to due with just pure coding, and the amount of work it would take. Changing one ability value in a database is a much smarter use of your time than having to change 250 other values to compensate for the one that's off.

The other problem with buffing and not nerfing, is that it can very quickly ramp up to too much damage being done to fast, especially when it starts coming from multiple sources. This game already has that problem, constantly buffing things would worsen it.

I really don't think most players have any idea how complex the matrix is in games like this. Let's say you decide that Skill X needs a boost, so you increase it by 10%. What happens if there are 2 people in a WF using that skill, well, now you just effectively increased that skill by 20%, and so on. It's one reason why premades that use /assist are so devistating vs pugs where everyone is not focused on a single target.

It's nice to say buff everyone and don't nerf, but it's not practical in most situations.

Agree with OP.

Nerfing is so lazy in terms of design.

Plane Touched

I don't think I've ever seen them nerf ONE skill...Are you dumb? They nerfed literally all of warriors. Buffs, and ect. I think the only thing that they didn't touch, was BM. And who uses that in PvP.

Also, You talk about redesigning the game...How would that cause them to redesign the game cause everything would be easy, are you saying Having classes be balanced vs 2 Classes being out damaged and outhealed by the others constantly being normal and thus not causing them to redesign the game?

If so, thats Trion's mistake. Not the people that play the nerfed classes.
    Dont think I am dumb are you lol? They nerf ONE skill all the time, in fact they try not to just blanket nerf classes, they identify which skills or combination of skills are creating the problem and they do it. They just nerfed Cabalist AOE damage by nerfing ONE skill? So like is that not good enough for you..or we just gonna name call?

Your last paragraph doesnt make much sense, in any case you refuse to accept all balance is relative, you seem to want them to just leave OP skills in the game and hope that buffing all the remaining classes to parity and then fixing all encounters so they are not laughable easy is just not done right and you are left with an OP skill.

Its all relative, I mean there is no difference in balance from nerfing the one skills or skills that are causing the problem or by buffing everything in relation to those skills. The end balance result is exactly the same except it takes a lot more work and time to balance everything around grossly overpowered skills.

SOULS
    * Addressed some specific PvP balance issues involving Cabalist and Paragon builds.
    * PvP: Reduced the bonus given by certain enhancing buffs during PvP only.
    - Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Slayer's Bearing is reduced by 5%.
    - Force of Will is reduced by 5% in PvP for each Soul Point spent in it.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    - Bend Like the Reed: Bonus is reduced by 5% per Attack Point used.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.
    - Reaping Harvest and Path of the Raptor have been reduced by 15%.

* Sign of Asias: Now reduces the damage Decay deals to players while active.
    * Maelstrom: Reduced range to 20 and radius to 10.

That's alot more than 1 ability being nerfed.

Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

http://www.reverbnation.com/madvalrockatanskytherevenge

SOULS
    * Addressed some specific PvP balance issues involving Cabalist and Paragon builds.
    * PvP: Reduced the bonus given by certain enhancing buffs during PvP only.
    - Teaching of the Five Rings, Weapon Specialization, and Rift Fury are reduced by 10%.
    - Slayer's Bearing is reduced by 5%.
    - Force of Will is reduced by 5% in PvP for each Soul Point spent in it.
    - Strike Like Iron is reduced by 5% when used with 1 or 2 Attack Points, and 10% when using 3 Attack Points.
    - Bend Like the Reed: Bonus is reduced by 5% per Attack Point used.
    * PvP: Certain damaging abilities have had their damage reduced when using them in PvP.
    - Paired Strike, Titan's Strike, Punishing Blow, and Frenzied Strike have been reduced by 10%.
    - Reaping Harvest and Path of the Raptor have been reduced by 15%.

* Sign of Asias: Now reduces the damage Decay deals to players while active.
    * Maelstrom: Reduced range to 20 and radius to 10.

That's alot more than 1 ability being nerfed.

Just sayin.
    thats what you get for rerolling fotm warrior from the mage you apparently suck with.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast