+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ???

Shadowlander

Default ???

I'm playing as a pyromancer and am currently at lvl 22. It pisses me off is that a warrior can make more ranged damage on me than i can on him aswell as that he is given an instant full heal and have more cc than me. I mean i harshly do any damage. (by him i mean many many many many many warriors i have fought). I mean what is the point in kiting if a warrior can kill me faster at range than i can kill him.

welcome to rift, where the mages are scare and the warrior are plenty

do yourself a favor and delete your mage because the balance is that ******ed

Shadowlander

I hate that they don't seem to read the parts of this forum that is about mages

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post

You must be a terribad mage, seriously.
    My mage is only lvl42 and the only time a warrior kills me is if he jumps me while im grinding mobs or in a mass WF zerg.

At lvl50 good mages stand head and shoulders above other mages and can spank most other classes equaly geared.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post

Yeah right. Chloro/locks running around with more health than a geared warrior, plenty of heals, and good damage. Mages are fine, just play them right.

Shadowlander

May i ask you what souls you use?

Plane Walker

you're level 22. Just wait till you get into the 30's and rogue spank you too.

I have to play Pyromancer, its in my blood. I previously did full Pyro, with the rest in Archon. Worked great in groups, but.. solo rift/questing got horrible into Lv 15-30. Solution for me:

-spec into Elementalist, focus on buffing the Earth Elemental. You could either do full Pyro and none in Ele, but that will only help you so far. I did much better by eventually dumping all my points into Ele until I could summon a Greater Earth Elemental, then everything else in Pyro. While you'll still get hit and find yourself in trouble sometimes, your elemental WILL cover you most of the time and you'll end up dealing crazy damage quickly with a good rotation (and the 2 instant casts Flame Bolt and Inferno being spammed).

-in groups, focus more in Pyro/Archon if you want DPS, a pet isn't so totally necessary in dungeons while leveling imo, and the Archon can help a bit against bosses.

Seriously, for surviving as a pyro, you need:
    1)snaring
    2)shielding
    2)a pet

Then you'll be mostly fine. Make sure you have drinks.

Shadowlander

But i want to play a pyromancer. Not a chloro/lock. And pyros are **** for pvp right now.

Yeah i use the pet when i play pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    You must be a terribad mage, seriously.
    My mage is only lvl42 and the only time a warrior kills me is if he jumps me while im grinding mobs or in a mass WF zerg.

At lvl50 good mages stand head and shoulders above other mages and can spank most other classes equaly geared.
    Yeah I'm Lv 43 and as long as I have 5-10 seconds at most of warmup time, I can deal thousands of damage to a player within seconds. It's the whole 'needing cover' (whether it be a player or a pet) and 'need warmup for groundings and buffs and cooldowns' part for a pyro that can suck. A warrior can just charge in.

The 20s are the worst while leveling a pyro for me, the 30s get better, and as a 43 I'm really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAsianShip View Post
    But i want to play a pyromancer. Not a chloro/lock. And pyros are **** for pvp right now.

Yeah i use the pet when i play pve.
    Yeah I can't really suggest anything for PvP, since I don't really know it.

Just that for PvE solo, you'll need some kind of pet, even if its a Lesser one that breaks apart fast, it as least saves you 1000-3000 damage you would of otherwise had. Good to know you have one.

I'd in fact suggest just speccing into elementalist until you can respec into greater elemental + otherwise full pyro.

Shadowlander

Haha that is ridicoulus. Well lets look forward to the 40s then!

Quote Originally Posted by RealAsianShip View Post
    Haha that is ridicoulus. Well lets look forward to the 40s then!
    That's not to say that mages don't have problems. Oh man, they do.

Just that the 40s are better for a mage than in the 20s.

Shadowlander

And i will always look forward to better times!

sad truth is if you want to be effective in pvp you are going to have to play a support spec. You can forget about being pure DPS like a mage should be. Peopel cried when we could blow them up good. Now we are 3/4 mushroom.

The transformation will be complete in 1.6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast